Pending /avatars: Manage favorite avatars

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
The new avatar management command has been one of the nicest relatively-recent additions to PS chat commands, and I think it could be polished a bit further by allowing users to choose their favorite avatars from the pool of public avatars, so that they're easier to access and use without needing to remember their names, for complicated ones like furisodegirl, inconsistencies such as the gen 2 male grunt being "rocketgrunt-gen2" but the gen 3 male grunt being "teammagmagruntm-gen3", or simply for people who haven't played the games in English and do not know every character's name.

So I think it would be a good idea for everyone to be able to pick, say, up to 5 avatars that they like the most (with a command such as /avatars fav winona-gen3, for example), that would appear in the same way as custom avatars do for the people who have them (but then it would be stored locally, not on PS, I suppose).

Should this get approved, I also suggest that the custom avatars section and the favorite avatars section get reduced to a clickable drop-down menu, so that they take up less space on the screen, or maybe appear in a box with limited height and a scrollbar next to it, since the accounts with many custom avatars already fill up well over a chat page when displayed publicly. Thanks for taking this suggestion into account!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)