Autumn Friendly 2012

Played 11:11 pm, just as i had won 1 - 0 they disconnected. I'm having a bit of a problem finding matches at the moment, keep getting a connection error. Current rating is 1831

It's been a strange day, having increased my rating to 1832, I fell back to 1756 after a lot of hax, before I then work my way back up to 1846. There's also been a lot of DC's, some just after I completely outplay them Turn 1 before they DC, most notably Mike from Michigan, or even when they're in a winning position, where they get 3 flinches in a row to win then DC when they win - must be really guilty for the hax or their wifi must be really shaky, either way, it just made my DC rate even worse. I hope my DC rate will still allow me to place though, I think it's around 25%.

I had a terrible day yesterday, but I've done a few battles today to make up for it.

I'm over 1800 at the moment; 47 Wins, 6 Losses, 7 Disconnects.

I usually don't battle on the last day of these tournaments as I expect the disconnect rate to be so much higher. Not sure if that actually is the case or not though.

I had a terrible day yesterday, but I've done a few battles today to make up for it.

I'm over 1800 at the moment; 47 Wins, 6 Losses, 7 Disconnects.

I usually don't battle on the last day of these tournaments as I expect the disconnect rate to be so much higher. Not sure if that actually is the case or not though.
Today isn't the last day. Tomorrow is.

Yes I know, I was pondering whether I would do any battles tomorrow or not.
Is there a noticeably higher disconnect-rate on the last days? I usually don't bother trying to find out.

While I like the idea of wifi tournaments, the lack of age group divisions--Juniors, Seniors and Masters--really cut into the fun of the tournament. Collectively, older age groups are generally more skilled than younger age groups. I'm in the Masters division in VGC, and I'm sure that the hordes of non-competitive players I got matched up with were generally much younger than I am.

Some of you might think I'm crazy for not liking the easy rating gain opportunities. To me, this is actually unfair to both me and my opponent--my (most likely younger) opponent got steamrolled by me and thus had their rating drop, while I time and time again lost the chance to be matched up with an older, generally more experienced opponent to get more competitive battling experience to prepare for VGC 2013.

I competed in this tournament because I wanted to battle experienced players with even greater frequency than on regular GBU. I wanted to get in some great practice for the October regionals coming up. I was disappointed. Out of the 37 battles I had in this tournament, only a handful of competitors I was matched up with were actually competitive. There's over 20 competitors listed in this OP alone and I only fought one of you out of 37 battles! I would have liked to be matched up with more competitive players much more often.
Story of my life in this tournament.

Also concerning what Baz said, i'm also losing interest to battle in the tournament and the dc rate that is going on. I also don't want to bother finding out.

At least 33% of my battles ended in Dc's.

Just saw highest ranking i've seen so far in the tournament. 2022 Shiro*

I'm about done with the tournament myself, at 1750'ish now when I could easily have been higher if my rank didn't randomly drop 100 while not doing any battles.

Looking for the guys that dare mention my real name, Oji...

Aside from that, at 7:00 (UTC-5:00) tourneys gonna end in my area, and i only have like a 1790-1800 rating so far.

To M. Rock, pm me back and ill explain how my team works :D

Looking for the guys that dare mention my real name, Oji...

Aside from that, at 7:00 (UTC-5:00) tourneys gonna end in my area, and i only have like a 1790-1800 rating so far.

To M. Rock, pm me back and ill explain how my team works :D
Yeah I battled you. You DC'd at 1-1 after a hard battle (you were on 1675). Not sure if it was intential or not but the timing was bad.

As for my battles today....only played 2 due to bad Internet, thankfully both were easy wins. So here's hoping for tomorrow.

Hey anyone here with OT Ciara/Cilan/Ciana/Carina (blanking on the name, but it looks something like that) that had an 1801 rating about an hour ago? Sorry about the D/C, I had to go. My RA called me down for a floor meeting, and I told him I'd be right down. After a few minutes I got a text message from him telling me that if I didn't get down there within a minute, he'd come up and drag me down.
It really wasn't fair to you, and you were an excellent opponent. If you see this, I'd like to have a rematch soon.

EDIT: For those of us in GMT -4, when does this end? It's bugging the crap out of me that I don't know, and I'm terrible with time zones.

Just saying, if i don't place in this tournament due to others rage quitting on me. I won't do these again unless new rules are implemented, both dc and pokemon dex usage wise.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just defeated BRIANNA from USA, but she DCed on me. She was 1808 and me 1880. These kinds of disconnections baffle me. You would not lose that many points for losing to someone 70 points higher than you, it would be easy to make up in 2-3 games. A single disconnection can up your percentage considerably and mean you are not shown in the rankings. Which does more damage?

Learn your shit people, or get the fuck off.

Just defeated BRIANNA from USA, but she DCed on me. She was 1808 and me 1880. These kinds of disconnections baffle me. You would not lose that many points for losing to someone 70 points higher than you, it would be easy to make up in 2-3 games. A single disconnection can up your percentage considerably and mean you are not shown in the rankings. Which does more damage?

Learn your shit people, or get the fuck off.
She was 1604 when I last faced her, she also dc'd on me when her amoonguss was out.

Loius (1604) US, if you're out there. Thank you for giving me the best match of my life in this tournament today, i'll gladly accept the close loss.
Battle no.: 50-73294-17003

I just fought a dude named Jayson from Peru. He had a team of all shinies, and I fought a Zapdos, Volcarona, Ludicolo, and Haxorus. And I remember his team preview showing a Politoed and one other mon I forgot. I just barely won, and he ragequitted on me (probably because his Ludicolo missed his Energy Ball and Scrafty finished him off). His ranking was 1692, IIRC. Anyone fought him before?

15-28749-62563

Had one of those matches against a brightpowder Garchomp in sand. From turn 6 onward, it avoided three attacks and flinched me once, then finally hit him at literally the last turn before sand killed me. :s
(Also only just noticed my Weavile's EVd wrong)

Still hovering around 1600. I think I could get higher but I can't be bothered playing more than five or six matches a day.

So I'm glad I did this tournament for the sake of practice for this October! However every other match I had was someone disconnecting on me............ Over half my battles ended in me winning and someone disconnecting on me. I honestly thought it would not be this bad, but I was mistaken. I hope something will change....... Great practice.... I was sora from Indiana and my team was trick room ice! Still a lot of fun.....

Wow, glad to know I am not the only one getting screwed with the Disconnects. I have fought quite a few really good players though! Learning lots... finally at more losses than wins thanks to the disconnects. Really need to learn more about playing this game competitively.

24-9-8 hovering around 1620. I think I'm done for this event but I may play a few tomorrow to cross the 50 match mark. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)