Media Attack on Titan (final season coming!)

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Anime-only fan reporting in once again.

I was watching the first episode of the final season together with other Smogonites the moment it dropped. I honestly have no clue where to start.

I've been following this show religiously now for exactly 5 years, I've seen the seasons 1-3 so many times that I know everything by heart.
And yet I feel completely lost right now. The basement wasn't only a plot twist, but also a genre twist. Incredible writing skills.
As someone whose grandfather grew up with his little sister in an internment camp during WW2, Grisha's childhood hits close to home.
The only difference is that they didn't end up hating the Germans later on as they grew up, especially not the following generations.
Guilt and sins are not genetically inherited.
It is however important to learn from the sins of your ancestors in order to avoid repeating them in the future.

Judging by the outstanding new intro, every character is "morally grey" to an extent, as they say.
I'm sure that there is more to the intro than meets the eye, but that's all I've got for now.

As a matter of fact, I honestly feel like I've had some personal IRL character development ever since I picked the show up back in late 2015.
I've personally always felt like I only ever know as much as our main protagonists (the Paradise Eldians).
To quote Eren Krüger: "But maybe I've just been stuck watching the whole world from behind a door all this time."

While the titans are obviously fiction on one hand, the sub-text is only all to real on the other hand.
And, no, when I say "sub-text", I don't mean it in the sense of that horrible Polygon article from last year.
Sure, the topic isn't pleasant and Shingeki no Kyojin isn't exactly a show that you watch for fun or entertainment.
However, the seriousness and dignitiy in which the topics are portrayed and narrated spark off interesting discussions.

As for the studio change, I think that it's safe to assume that MAPPA does the story justice.
As far as I know, there are still some people from WIT working on the project and Hiroyuki Sawano collaborates with the new composer?

Let's see where this goes.
I wonder if Isayama plans on following through with his originally planned ending.

It's been my favorite piece of fiction for years now and nothing can change that.
Possibly the biggest anime of our generation.

Last edited:

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anime-only fan reporting in once again.

I was watching the first episode of the final season together with other Smogonites the moment it dropped. I honestly have no clue where to start.

I've been following this show religiously now for exactly 5 years, I've seen the seasons 1-3 so many times that I know everything by heart.
And yet I feel completely lost right now. The basement wasn't only a plot twist, but also a genre twist. Incredible writing skills.
As someone whose grandfather grew up with his little sister in an internment camp during WW2, Grisha's childhood hits close to home.
The only difference is that they didn't end up hating the Germans later on as they grew up, especially not the following generations.
Guilt and sins are not are not genetically inherited.
It is however important to learn from the sins of your ancestors in order to avoid repeating them in the future.

Judging by the outstanding new intro, every character is "morally grey" to an extent, as they say.
I'm sure that there is more to the intro than meets the eye, but that's all I've got for now.

As a matter of fact, I honestly feel like I've had some personal IRL character development ever since I picked the show up back in late 2015.
I've personally always felt like I only ever know as much as our main protagonists (the Paradise Eldians).
To quote Eren Krüger: "But maybe I've just been stuck watching the whole world from behind a door all this time."

While the titans are obviously fiction on one hand, the sub-text is only all to real on the other hand.
And, no, when I say "sub-text", I don't mean it in the sense of that horrible Polygon article from last year.
Sure, the topic isn't pleasant and Shingeki no Kyojin isn't exactly a show that you watch for fun or entertainment.
However, the seriousness and dignitiy in which the topics are portrayed and narrated spark off interesting discussions.

As for the studio change, I think that it's safe to assume that MAPPA does the story justice.
As far as I know, there are still some people from WIT working on the project and Hiroyuki Sawano collaborates with the new composer?

Let's see where this goes.
I wonder if Isayama plans on following through with his originally planned ending.

It's been my favorite piece of fiction for years now and nothing can change that.
Possibly the biggest anime of our generation.
Yup yup yup!

I think it was a stroke of genius what Isayama did with the time skip. In general, time skips are always controversial but necessary for anime, but in stories like Naruro and One Piece (and genuinely I think One Piece does everything correctly), there’s no real change in where the story left off and restarts. The time skip does nothing but let characters get stronger and get re-designs off screen.

In AoT the Time Skip happens right after the basement scene, where an entirely new world of Marley is introduced, and entirely different story arch of Grischa and also Zeke Yeager(s) is introduced— and the time skip puts in the midst of THAT arc.

We see the modern world of Marley at war.
We see the brutality of the war that is a direct consequence of the victory of the Paradise Eldians in defending their homeland in the previous season; putting that conflict in an entirely new perspective.

Most brilliant was orienting us into this new context from the perspective of new, child protagonists (Falco and Gabby) in a very similar vein to what was done using Eren, Armin, Mikasa in the very beginning of AoT.

What’s similar is powerful, as we are able to empathize with these child characters, and it humanizes the Marley/Outside Eldia perspective even more— and we see rhyming elements of both Eren and Reiner in Falco and Gabby.

What’s “different” is also really significant— as this context we’re thrown into is so much more immediately gruesome and violent than Eren’s childhood; and you can see Wall King Fritz’s “paradise” within the walls in a different lens.

All of this sets the stage to be so much more powerful when these two arcs— the one belonging to the Eldian “Warriors” and “Warrior Candidates” of Marley, and the one belonging to Eren Yeager inevitably collide again.

“Hey— if we go across the sea, and we kill all the people there... will we finally be free?”
—Eren Yeager end of Season 3

Last edited:

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also one more comment on chapter 135
Anyone got any way of interpreting the reveal that Ymir did, in fact, set the pigs free?

If we go back to the chapter covering Ymir's story, recall that Ymir only had her eyes gauged out and chased out of her village for sport (and then encountering the source of titan power) because when chief Fritz asked "which of you slaves let the pigs out?" all the other slaves pointed at her. At the time, anyone would naturally assume that the others just scape-goated her for to save their own skins. It's super trippy to find out that it wasn't the case-- that she in fact let the pigs go.

Don't even know what to make out of it; we aren't given her motive or thoughts or anything. It's a lot of symbolism-- it reminds me of Grisha taking his sister out of the walls. It reminds me of Eren wanting to join the Scouts. "This is the story, that you yourself started." It's like this is that moment for Ymir, but you wonder why she would want to let out these dumb, stupid looking pigs from the pen-- for what do they need their freedom?

And humanity, is also cattle right?

Also one more comment on chapter 135
Anyone got any way of interpreting the reveal that Ymir did, in fact, set the pigs free?

If we go back to the chapter covering Ymir's story, recall that Ymir only had her eyes gauged out and chased out of her village for sport (and then encountering the source of titan power) because when chief Fritz asked "which of you slaves let the pigs out?" all the other slaves pointed at her. At the time, anyone would naturally assume that the others just scape-goated her for to save their own skins. It's super trippy to find out that it wasn't the case-- that she in fact let the pigs go.

Don't even know what to make out of it; we aren't given her motive or thoughts or anything. It's a lot of symbolism-- it reminds me of Grisha taking his sister out of the walls. It reminds me of Eren wanting to join the Scouts. "This is the story, that you yourself started." It's like this is that moment for Ymir, but you wonder why she would want to let out these dumb, stupid looking pigs from the pen-- for what do they need their freedom?

And humanity, is also cattle right?
felt to me like a callback to the line you mentioned, "this is a story that you yourself started."

i think the other thing that could be tied in is the realization armin had in the chapter. both ymir and eren have the same goal, and freeing the pigs might just be a way of showing ymir's underlying desire for freedom (presumably before it was subdued for the rest of her life/afterlife by the king).

not sure what else to make of it besides that, but it was definitely interesting to see she wasn't just a scapegoat.

not sure why but the action chapters have felt really slow to me. maybe plot isn't progressing as much to show off action scenes but most interesting revelation recently was that armin and zeke were sent into paths and it seems like zeke is building titans out of sand like ymir did before.

theory on reddit that seems reasonable is that armin will find a way to get himself and zeke out of paths so that titans can't be built anymore and presumably that's the way the cycle of hate would die in a "happy" ending. but i have a hard time seeing anyone accept eldians even without titans after the rumbling, so that seems a little cheap. maybe a red herring or maybe more to it than we see now.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i enjoyed this chapter. the last chapter is confirmed to come out in april.
while i did like this chapter, i would have liked it more if it had advanced the ending plot more & if it didnt feel so short. my favorite points of this chapter were pieck's new application of the cart titan and the reveal that zeke is the one building the titans.

an event that im predicting is a fight between mikasa and annie, in which mikasa cant bring herself to let eren be killed. it is worth noting that it was never answered which one of them won in their season 1 training corps fistfight, which could be a scene that would be flashed back to in this event, assuming one ends up killing the other.

i believe that there is a lot of foreshadowing which points to falco being the one to kill and eat eren. birds are constantly used as symbolism and the recent ed seems to show us falco holding the coordinate. it is also worth noting that falco "remembers" having been on paradis during his introduction.

one of my crackhead ending theories is that eren will succeed in destroying the world, but will have to fight ymir in the end to prevent her from also destroying paradis. somewhat unlikely, but its a cool thought.

Hiro'

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
RoA Leader
i enjoyed this chapter. the last chapter is confirmed to come out in april.
while i did like this chapter, i would have liked it more if it had advanced the ending plot more & if it didnt feel so short. my favorite points of this chapter were pieck's new application of the cart titan and the reveal that zeke is the one building the titans.

an event that im predicting is a fight between mikasa and annie, in which mikasa cant bring herself to let eren be killed. it is worth noting that it was never answered which one of them won in their season 1 training corps fistfight, which could be a scene that would be flashed back to in this event, assuming one ends up killing the other.

i believe that there is a lot of foreshadowing which points to falco being the one to kill and eat eren. birds are constantly used as symbolism and the recent ed seems to show us falco holding the coordinate. it is also worth noting that falco "remembers" having been on paradis during his introduction.

one of my crackhead ending theories is that eren will succeed in destroying the world, but will have to fight ymir in the end to prevent her from also destroying paradis. somewhat unlikely, but its a cool thought.
Falco says in the first episode of season 4 that he remembers flying with sabers, which clearly recalls Paradis' soldiers. This wasn't in the manga though, it has been added to the anime only. Thus it makes the theory 'Falco eats Eren' quite believable after all. But I'm not sure that's a good end, it'd be too easy to end it like that. The other problem I have with this theory is that image where it seems to be Eren holding a child (probably his, right?) and saying something like 'now you're finally free'. It can't happen if Eren gets eaten so I'm a bit skeptical, 'cause there's no way Historia's child isn't Eren's at this point and there has to be something about it.
The only solution to this problem I could find right now is that, for some reason, Falco will eat one of Annie or Reiner, thus will inherit of memories of one them, including flying with sabers. Maybe something like you said, Mikasa actually fights Annie, she's about to die and Eren controls Falco to force him to eat Annie in a last resort to save Mikasa, idk. Thing is I can't think of a happy end for anyone but Eren, it's clear for me that he has to destroy the whole world and no one survives except him. At this point I'm not sure that Armin still has a role in this, even if he gets out of the path then what? I can't believe they'll manage to kill Eren, that seems pretty unlikely. Unless he drops it all because he can't stand to kill his friends, but meh. It's actually pretty frustrating to be unsure about the end of all of this when there's only 3 chapters left, that's crazy.
I'm curious about how it will end but for now my thoughts are: Armins might be done, Mikasa maybe has still a role, Falco should have some role at some point, Historia's child should live, everyone else die.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Woooahhhhh Cougar...

So Ymir is cougar who hates her asshole husband and shopping for a younger guy to love her for real except he’s one of her greatX grandson 2000 years younger than her

Hiro'

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
RoA Leader
Seems people are mad or disappointed about the latest chapter and I must say I'm quite surprised that the readers are still unable to think about the story before whining when a chapter comes out.

Okay, that was unexpected, probably a little bit too unexpected actually. Basically Armin realized what's really worth in life and even convinced Zeke about it, and suddenly they're both able to 1) get out of the path, 2) summon the previous titans' holders to help them fight the other titans. And that works. And they supposedly kill Eren... Yeah, I'm not buying this.
Not saying that doesn't work but it's way too easy to be SnK. Let's recall it's like the third time that Eren 'dies', and we should believe this time he's dead without saying a word, without fighting back, without explaining anything, without idk say goodbye to his friends? We haven't even seen him nor read him for some chapters now, and he should die just like that, offscreen? No way.

It's not over and I'll tell you why. We don't really know what's Ymir's role in all of this, did she change her mind? If so, why? Is Eren fooling eldians using his power to change their memory? If so, does that mean Mikasa and Levi are with him? It doesn't seem that unbelievable to me, Mikasa basically lives for Eren and the only thing Levi really wanted was to kill Zeke, which is done.
Levi could just die quite a while ago, so why did Isayama keep him alive? Just to kill Zeke? Does he still have a role to play in the end? And what about Mikasa? She's been quite passive lately so maybe she was resolute... or maybe she's not and she still wants Eren to live, who knows?

Also, there's still this Historia thing. Yeah what about the child? There's definitely something about it because we know the last frame of the manga, it's Eren holding a child and saying something like 'Now you're finally free'. Maybe he's just manipulating this huge skeleton thanks to the war hammer titan's ability, maybe he's still on Paradise, ready to revive the rumbling and finish the job.

I'm pretty sure it won't end well for anyone but Eren. Only two chapters left anyway so we'll know soon enough.
Also remember about this masterpiece. What do you think about it?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Seems people are mad or disappointed about the latest chapter and I must say I'm quite surprised that the readers are still unable to think about the story before whining when a chapter comes out.

Okay, that was unexpected, probably a little bit too unexpected actually. Basically Armin realized what's really worth in life and even convinced Zeke about it, and suddenly they're both able to 1) get out of the path, 2) summon the previous titans' holders to help them fight the other titans. And that works. And they supposedly kill Eren... Yeah, I'm not buying this.
Not saying that doesn't work but it's way too easy to be SnK. Let's recall it's like the third time that Eren 'dies', and we should believe this time he's dead without saying a word, without fighting back, without explaining anything, without idk say goodbye to his friends? We haven't even seen him nor read him for some chapters now, and he should die just like that, offscreen? No way.

It's not over and I'll tell you why. We don't really know what's Ymir's role in all of this, did she change her mind? If so, why? Is Eren fooling eldians using his power to change their memory? If so, does that mean Mikasa and Levi are with him? It doesn't seem that unbelievable to me, Mikasa basically lives for Eren and the only thing Levi really wanted was to kill Zeke, which is done.
Levi could just die quite a while ago, so why did Isayama keep him alive? Just to kill Zeke? Does he still have a role to play in the end? And what about Mikasa? She's been quite passive lately so maybe she was resolute... or maybe she's not and she still wants Eren to live, who knows?

Also, there's still this Historia thing. Yeah what about the child? There's definitely something about it because we know the last frame of the manga, it's Eren holding a child and saying something like 'Now you're finally free'. Maybe he's just manipulating this huge skeleton thanks to the war hammer titan's ability, maybe he's still on Paradise, ready to revive the rumbling and finish the job.

I'm pretty sure it won't end well for anyone but Eren. Only two chapters left anyway so we'll know soon enough.
Also remember about this masterpiece. What do you think about it?

i was under the impression zeke and armin got out of the paths world cuz mikasa killed the pig-looking titan? not cuz he "convinced" zeke, i mean even if he did what can zeke really do that'd make them able to get out?

also how can the rumbling continue now that zeke's dead? eren doesn't have a royal blood titan anymore, or is ymir so brainwashed that that's not needed anymore?

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i was under the impression zeke and armin got out of the paths world cuz mikasa killed the pig-looking titan? not cuz he "convinced" zeke, i mean even if he did what can zeke really do that'd make them able to get out?

also how can the rumbling continue now that zeke's dead? eren doesn't have a royal blood titan anymore, or is ymir so brainwashed that that's not needed anymore?
before this chapter i was under the impression that eren did not even need zeke anymore, since he had freed ymir. i guess this isnt actually the case? im not sure. i had thought that the only thing special about the royal blood was that those descendants were the only ones who could command ymir.

i think that there will be some sort of twist in eren's favor. there are way too many things unanswered that hiro mentioned like ymir's role/goal, how zeke was able to escape paths, and why the previous titans helped them. ive noticed that in aot there are very few things, if any, that go without reason or explanation later. it seems like every little thing that happens has a reason for it, even if it is not immediately obvious at that time.
If so, why? Is Eren fooling eldians using his power to change their memory?
i really like this theory and i think its very possible. ever since the founding titan's power to alter memories was revealed, my pocket theory was that it would be associated with the ending in some way. if not with the founding's power, he could also do some kind of comeback with the warhammer, since he did eat the warhammer and has not done really anything with its interesting powers.

whoever wins in the end, i still trust isayama to create a fantastic ending.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i really like this theory and i think its very possible. ever since the founding titan's power to alter memories was revealed, my pocket theory was that it would be associated with the ending in some way. if not with the founding's power, he could also do some kind of comeback with the warhammer, since he did eat the warhammer and has not done really anything with its interesting powers.

whoever wins in the end, i still trust isayama to create a fantastic ending.
i'm almost certain that's not the case. it'd be super out of character for eren to take away ppl's "freedom" like that. his whole motive for what he's doing is he had his freedom taken away. he could've easily used the founder to stop the scouts' attack on him but he did say in a previous chapter that he didn't do that cuz he doesn't wanna take away anyone's freedom. he gave them the freedom to choose whether they wanna give up, accept their fate, fight back, try to kill eren, or whatever they want. so him removing eldians' freedom by altering their memories seems inappropriate honestly

also if zeke isn't needed for the rumbling why did it stop the moment his head was cut off? or did it stop cuz the pig-like titan died?

fairly confusing and worrisome that these questions weren't answered in the chapter honestly, but i do agree that AoT leaves nothing unexplained and its unlike isayama to pull something out of his ass lol

was hoping akatsuki no reqiuem theory would be end game but it doesn't seem to be case. could be that was the original ending that isayama hinted at when stating he originally wanted to "destroy the reader" and decided to make a more palatable ending instead. biggest mystery left imo is what drove eren to give himself the attack titan if he really does fail the rumbling, as the memory of his eating grisha still seems to be unexplored. i don't really buy that zeke's titan will go to historia's baby because that seems way too convenient even if it has been set up intentionally as a potential next step by isayama.

the last arc has felt really strange in comparison to the rest of the series but i feel like i can't judge the story without knowing the full picture. so it's a weird state of waiting until april for me to decide whether or not the conclusion of the story feels satisfactory, as currently it feels somewhat rushed/convenient. while the rest of the story is definitely triggered by coincidences as well, they all either received a load of setup or a sufficient explanation later on, so i'm hoping that will be the case again.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
The other Titans part is especially troubling because it doesn’t really make sense. Like some sure— the twins, Mr. Xavier. Eren’s Dad at least has been set up as sympathetic to stopping Eren but Owl the secret Restorationist? No friggin way

and completely unbelievable is Jaw Ymir. I mean Eren genociding the world is literally the only thing that ensures Historia’s future. Jaw Ymir fighting him makes zero sense.

Pretty sloppy writing at best, almost unbelievably so for AoT without a major plot twist.

The other Titans part is especially troubling because it doesn’t really make sense. Like some sure— the twins, Mr. Xavier. Eren’s Dad at least has been set up as sympathetic to stopping Eren but Owl the secret Restorationist? No friggin way

and completely unbelievable is Jaw Ymir. I mean Eren genociding the world is literally the only thing that ensures Historia’s future. Jaw Ymir fighting him makes zero sense.

Pretty sloppy writing at best, almost unbelievably so for AoT without a major plot twist.
i felt that way originally about kruger in particular, but something i saw mentioned was the importance he put on grisha finding love within the walls and preventing the same mistakes from recurring time and time again (presumably the rumbling is the sort of mistake he was referring to). his character in general feels a bit confusing because he executed thousands of eldians, was the ultimate eldian restorationalist, and is now standing in the way of that goal coming to fruition potentially.

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
I just stumbled upon this thread which I didn't know existed. I gave a quick read through it and it's so funny seeing people complaining about s2 reveals and pacing and seeing how far this piece of art has reached.

I started watching this show when it aired back in 2013 but dropped it after a few episodes because I couldn't understand much, and I'm glad I did. Almost two years ago I binge watched s1 to s3p1, catching up to s3p2, and it was one hell of a ride; definitely one of my biggest obsessions when it comes to anime/manga. To this day I've probably re-watched the show up to four times and I've been reading the manga a lot.

With two chapters left to go, I pray Attack on Titan gets the ending it deserves and leaves its legacy as one of the best written manga out there.

Also, today airs the 11th episode, which I'm really hyped about!

Apparently the anime will stop right before the War for Paradis arc, which means we won't get to see the paths chapter, which was my most anticipated one :(. I can't really complain as I'd love for MAPPA to have as much time as possible to deliver an excellent adaptation! And what's more, we will probably get an announcement por part 2 right after this season ends, which means the whole thing might be adapted by next year, Rumbling and everything!

Hiro'

RoA Leader
I just stumbled upon this thread which I didn't know existed. I gave a quick read through it and it's so funny seeing people complaining about s2 reveals and pacing and seeing how far this piece of art has reached.

I started watching this show when it aired back in 2013 but dropped it after a few episodes because I couldn't understand much, and I'm glad I did. Almost two years ago I binge watched s1 to s3p1, catching up to s3p2, and it was one hell of a ride; definitely one of my biggest obsessions when it comes to anime/manga. To this day I've probably re-watched the show up to four times and I've been reading the manga a lot.

With two chapters left to go, I pray Attack on Titan gets the ending it deserves and leaves its legacy as one of the best written manga out there.

Also, today airs the 11th episode, which I'm really hyped about!

Apparently the anime will stop right before the War for Paradis arc, which means we won't get to see the paths chapter, which was my most anticipated one :(. I can't really complain as I'd love for MAPPA to have as much time as possible to deliver an excellent adaptation! And what's more, we will probably get an announcement por part 2 right after this season ends, which means the whole thing might be adapted by next year, Rumbling and everything!
I wasn't so sure about the end of the season but when you think about it, what would be more frustrating than seeing Eren's head flying in the air, and right after the 'to be continued' screen? Nothing really. This means anime watchers won't even know what's Eren's plan and we won't see the path yet.
As for the sequel, I wouldn't be surprised if it was announced for autumn 2021, even if it could be pushed to early 2022. Imean, they made that season pretty quickly so I guess the following will be the same.

Best anime I've seen since Code Geass, and the OP is amazing

Primary theory among anime watchers right now is that Eren's dad injected Eren with something to turn him into a titan, which seems to make sense. It was weird how they introduced us to that through a timeskip dream, and I didn't actually even catch it the first time around. But there's a lot about his dad we'll end up learning about eventually, I'm sure (what's in the basement?!?!).

What I'm personally most looking forward to is finding out just who sent the titans/what their purpose is. It's pretty clear someone created them with the intent to destroy mankind. And then you have shit like the colossal titan appearing out of nowhere then disappearing within a couple minutes. So, on it's face, it can seem like a pretty shallow anime/manga, but I expect there are going to be some pretty big revelations by the time it's over
(SPOILERS!!!) Srry idk how to mark the blue boxes.
I definitely agree that it's as good as Code Geass, I'm especially loving the route Eren is taking in terms of world peace, which is very reminiscent of CG,don't wanna say too much though about CG. I do think Eren will become a figure people hate and just bring the world under his control.

almost certain there’s no alternate universe or anything like that

the whole aot storyline is built on a really intricate timeline and there’s no room for another timeline

historia hand kiss, seeing future deeds -> mikasa talking to eren -> eren touching zeke and convincing his father to take the founding titan

some people think mikasa could have changed the future with her response (and did so in an alternate universe), but eren holding the founding titan is enough to discredit any alternate universe imo (and potentially the attack titan as well, but remains to be seen since we will likely see grisha and eren talk in paths)

i don’t even think eren saw the same dream as mikasa to be honest... i think he might have potentially just seen his own death at her hands, while the forest dream sequence was just her own coping mechanism.

not sure where the story will go but i’m sorta glad it’s gotten so grim. either many of the titans will return to human form after the worm is killed and the eldian curse will be gone, or it truly is a ridiculously tragic ending where barely anyone is left standing. even anr could be possible if eren isn’t dead... excited for the last chapter

Last edited:

Chou Toshio

Over9000
almost certain there’s no alternate universe or anything like that

the whole aot storyline is built on a really intricate timeline and there’s no room for another timeline

historia hand kiss, seeing future deeds -> mikasa talking to eren -> eren touching zeke and convincing his father to take the founding titan

some people think mikasa could have changed the future with her response (and did so in an alternate universe), but eren holding the founding titan is enough to discredit any alternate universe imo (and potentially the attack titan as well, but remains to be seen since we will likely see grisha and eren talk in paths)

i don’t even think eren saw the same dream as mikasa to be honest... i think he might have potentially just seen his own death at her hands, while the forest dream sequence was just her own coping mechanism.

not sure where the story will go but i’m sorta glad it’s gotten so grim. either many of the titans will return to human form after the worm is killed and the eldian curse will be gone, or it truly is a ridiculously tragic ending where barely anyone is left standing. even anr could be possible if eren isn’t dead... excited for the last chapter
100%

Only thing that weirds me out is Ymir's expression

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
BANGER FINAL EPISODE AND SECOND PART CONFIRMED FOR WINTER SEASON (January-February)

Manga 139 in a bit less than two weeks. Isayama has officially submitted the chapter. I hope is twice as long as the regular chapters: there are some questions I need answers to. :psycry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)