Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

If i want to make a "custom Game team" (but want to see all moves,abilites & items effects) how can i do it without going to other page than ps?
Like to 500+ be bot illegal or to see like "surging strikes" in greninja (Custom Battle)
Like in NatDex BH that everything show allowed and show the effect
Unfortunately Custom Game isn't a supported team builder format (if you don't select a format you just get OU), so the best you can do is to select Balanced Hackmons, but you'll still need to use import/export for some settings.

Where would I go to suggest a suggestion for the suggestions forum specifically. I would consider posting in there, but the ones there seem to specifically be for the showdown platform.

What's the suggestion?
Adding a tag for duplicate suggestions so that it's easier to see at a glance why a suggestion was marked as invalid for being a duplicate. (Plus this may be my personal opinion, but it seems a bit weird for a suggestion to be invalid for being a dupe, but I do understand it)

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Adding a tag for duplicate suggestions so that it's easier to see why a suggestion was marked as invalid for being a duplicate. (Plus this may be my personal opinion, but it seems a bit weird for a suggestion to be invalid for being a dupe, but I do understand it)
Seems pretty reasonable. I'll poke the necessary people about it.
Edit: Actually, I'll look at how invalid is used - it might be better to just rename it.

invalid is also used for 'wrong section' so a new tag would be more fitting
Personally here, I think "Invalid" works fine for cases outside of duplicates. It's fine if a particular suggestion is invalid for something not about showdown specifically (like a calc or strategy dex suggestion) or if it's about a policy not in control of PS (such as national dex mechanics or requests for certain formats to be ladderable)

It just doesn't work for duplicate suggestions, because it implies the actual suggestion is invalid, but a dupe tag wouldn't imply the suggestion is invalid; it would just make the post invalid because the actual suggestion was already suggested.

I wouldn't mind a name change though.

I've seen tournament hosts use a Showdown! command to do coinflips. What is it called?
Hai. Dunno if this has been asked, but I wanted to ask a question regarding "usually useless" moves on the teambuilder. I asked this on another site and someone redirected me to here, so yeah.

Anyway, what are the top ten moves that most frequently make it into the usually useless category, for all Gen 8 formats (including NatDex formats)?
On Pokemon Showdown, what are all of the moves that are considered "usually useless"?
bump

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I've seen tournament hosts use a Showdown! command to do coinflips. What is it called?
it's !pick [player 1], [player 2]

as for the usually useless moves question, they're simply the ones that cannot be seriously put in any competitive moveset for a pokémon, I do not know if there is an actual list of the "top 10" of them but stuff like water gun or ember are constantly in there because they're outclassed by most other moves of the same type, for example

Is there a complete and up-to-date list of commands anywhere?

Does anyone know what causes a move to be labeled as "usually useless"? I looked at a few move-related files on Github and didn't find anything.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
s there a complete and up-to-date list of commands anywhere?
Certainly not for the main server, as private code exists. The closest you'll get is looking through the server/chat-commands and server/chat-plugins folders on the server source code.

I need help. I logged on to pokemon showdown today, and all my teams were gone. IDK if this is a glitch, but if anyone can help, my username on showdown is the same as my Smogon account.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I need help. I logged on to pokemon showdown today, and all my teams were gone. IDK if this is a glitch, but if anyone can help, my username on showdown is the same as my Smogon account.
Teams are stored to the device you're on, not your account. If you either changed device or cleared your cache and cookies, your teams most likely got wiped as well and there isn't really a way to restore them if you hadn't backed them up already.

I asked this one a while back ad would still like to try it, even if the images I would use for it are kinda crappy.

Where is the code that handles displaying minisprites? (This is especially concerning how the image is a spritesheet instead of individual images) I wanted to see if I could take a crack at this suggestion.

Anything else I would need before I attempted this?

This file existed before April 2020, right? If yes, why does the history not let me see versions from before April? If no, what did Showdown! use to simulate moves before April?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1210105520-rlozmxsa1p10z1l8qsjq75z40q626eypw
Can someone explain what happened here at turn 21 and if I should report it as a bug? Lost the match because it said Calyrex had no PP left for Max Hailstorm after using it once and it still showing 7/8, but Showdown says this isn't a bug and that is how it works on Switch. What exactly triggered this? Never had it happen before.
You used 7 PP of Glacial Lance and the last Max Hailstorm ran you out of PP. I think the bug would be still being able to click Max Hailstorm at all in that scenario.

Hi there, I'm doing a randomized run of white and me and my friend I want to challenge each other at each gym, using our in-game teams we both have made teams using showdown's gen 7 balanced hackmons that validate. as gen 8 removes bunch of stuff etc, but we are unable to send a challenge using that category? We can challenge using gen8 hackmons but our teams that we are using can't be used in that catagory
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)