Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
Me and my friend both made accounts in the same week on a school computer. We battle each other frequently and have recently taken to participating in chatroom tourneys. One of us will join a tourney but when the other tries to join they are greeted with the message "one of your alts is already in the tournament". What is happening and is there a way to fix it?
One of you will have to play in another internet connection.

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
any1 know why my ps main and my smogtours teambuilder aren't synched? and why smogtours deletes parts of the builder (never the whole) seemingly at random?

i cleared cookies nd shit, but it doesn't solve the issue

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
any1 know why my ps main and my smogtours teambuilder aren't synched? and why smogtours deletes parts of the builder (never the whole) seemingly at random?

i cleared cookies nd shit, but it doesn't solve the issue
1677939577032.png

these teams were among the ones that were deleted this morning by smogtours server and now they're back all of a sudden, this is so weird lol

mael

not the same but equal
UUPL Champion
Teams are stored on a per server basis, your teambuilder on smogtours is separate from the one on main.
everyone i asked said that the teambuilders synchronize and that's how it used to be for me too. now they're just 2 complete entities, which is fine too, if it wasn't for the fact that stours randomly deletes teams and apparently makes them reappear again. it's like it loaded different save states fsr

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
everyone i asked said that the teambuilders synchronize and that's how it used to be for me too. now they're just 2 complete entities, which is fine too, if it wasn't for the fact that stours randomly deletes teams and apparently makes them reappear again. it's like it loaded different save states fsr
It probably is that it has loaded a different save state. Smogtours updates its server data far less frequently than main which is why, for instance, it's banned in major tournaments in randomised formats because it's usually using an older version of the format than main is. If Smogtours is copying main server data, you have to wait for it to do that.

mael

not the same but equal
UUPL Champion
It probably is that it has loaded a different save state. Smogtours updates its server data far less frequently than main which is why, for instance, it's banned in major tournaments in randomised formats because it's usually using an older version of the format than main is. If Smogtours is copying main server data, you have to wait for it to do that.
the thing is, i have 180 teams on main and like 10 on stours, so it doesn't update at all between the 2 servers, not just slowly.
and the issue is that the stours server teams randomly disappear and reappear, completely unrelated to what's going on on main (at least as far as i can tell)

it is a bit frustrating cause i build some tournament teams for random tiers that i cannot ladder on stours only and i keep having to remake them and constantly transfering teams from main to stours for every small tournament game is also a bit annoying. i was wondering if i could just stop stours from randomly deleting teams

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Personal team data is not stored on our servers, its stored in cookies on your device. This does not change the fact that teams are seperated between the two servers.
the thing is, i have 180 teams on main and like 10 on stours, so it doesn't update at all between the 2 servers, not just slowly.
To sync them, use backup/restore all to copy your teams from main to stours. Keep in mind if any of your teams are only on stours they will be lost, so copy those over to main first.
the issue is that the stours server teams randomly disappear and reappear, completely unrelated to what's going on on main (at least as far as i can tell)
Are you using a different device or browser when this happens?

mael

not the same but equal
UUPL Champion
Personal team data is not stored on our servers, its stored in cookies on your device. This does not change the fact that teams are seperated between the two servers.

To sync them, use backup/restore all to copy your teams from main to stours. Keep in mind if any of your teams are only on stours they will be lost, so copy those over to main first.

Are you using a different device or browser when this happens?
I did clear all my data and then copy the teams from main to stours, but they don't sync and the problem persists

and no i am using the same device at all times

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
but they don't sync and the problem persists
sync as in when you make a change on one server its reflected on the other? That doesn't happen automatically, it only happens when you do the above steps I mentioned. The teambuilders are separate for separate servers.
and no i am using the same device at all times
What about the same browser eg chrome or firefox? Are all your team's disappearing or just some?

mael

not the same but equal
UUPL Champion
sync as in when you make a change on one server its reflected on the other? That doesn't happen automatically, it only happens when you do the above steps I mentioned. The teambuilders are separate for separate servers.

What about the same browser eg chrome or firefox? Are all your team's disappearing or just some?
i use only firefox.
sometimes just a few teams but just now it wiped the entire builder and it only happens on smogtours

edit:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/getting-2fa-on-the-tours-server-to-work-again.3704949/

lily linked this thread to me and now i put exceptions for smogtours and main and changes on main are reflect on smogtours now. lets see if that'll wipe my builder again

Last edited:
Hi, does anyone know of a way to stop seeing opponent's Pokemon's nicknames? I've run into a few that are really immature and I'd rather focus on playing the game. I feel like this was a setting in the games at some point. I didn't see anything in any of the FAQ's.

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Hi, does anyone know of a way to stop seeing opponent's Pokemon's nicknames? I've run into a few that are really immature and I'd rather focus on playing the game. I feel like this was a setting in the games at some point. I didn't see anything in any of the FAQ's.
Join a battle then click on "battle options" in the top right then click on "Ignore nicknames". it will then do this for every battle in the future

how does showdown round for damage % shown when attacking an opposing pokemon (like the damage being dealt, not the hp afterwards). ive seen it round down on ladder and up when testing myself so idt it always rounds up or down (assuming it doesn't could it?)

How do I get notifications for tournaments starting in the Randbats room? Whenever I ask there I seem to get contradictory answers. I have Tournaments: Notifications in my Showdown account settings but I don't receive them, which has cause me to miss out on a bunch of tournaments that start while I'm focusing on my battle. I do receive notifications when my turn is starting while I'm in another tab or window, so I don't think it's my computer's fault. Do I need to have the room in another tab or something? Very frustrating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)