Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer MK IV: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean the dream island maps... after you go to dream island for a few times you will not encounter anything anymore. By that time you probably have played for an hour anyway, which then you should "wake up".
Nah nothing is showing up from the moment I start playing, been going on for the last couple days.

@Trickscarf: If you have no choicer to take it, the best thing to do is sit silently and weep. Or, you could check who on your team minds a choice item least (usually some late game cleaner) and let him take it.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Who is the bulkiest pokémon with the Intimidate ability?
Salamence and Gyarados are generally regarded as the two Pokemon with the best bulk to make use of Intimidate. Gyarados is probably the better Intimidate user thanks to is base 100 SpD to help it withstand special attacks as well. Salamence's unique typing also helps force a lot of switches when used in conjunction with Intimidate. Special mentions go to Arcanine and Hitmontop; the former packs a punch under the sun while the latter has access to Rapid Spin to further support the team.

Also, Scrafty will gets Intimidate as its Dream World ability (Scrafty gets the coolest abilities gosh dang it). But unless you play the DW tier (you should do it, it's lotsa fun), that option is not currently available. Best of luck!

Birk-a-dit: Ninja'd. As is customary.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Rock has the best single-type coverage in the game, but that's pretty much its only upside. It has too many weaknesses to overall be viable. There's a reason that there are 16 NU Rock types and only 11 (counting Arceus) in higher tiers.

Outside of Tyranitar and Terrakion (both excellent due to typing, ability and stats), you have a couple okay options. Aerodactyl makes a good support Pokemon with 130 Speed. All offensive Rock-types can either use Rock Polish or Shell Smash. Shuckle is infamous for its defenses and total lack of willingness to die. Cradily runs a mean Curse set and can use Storm Drain (DW) to absorb Water attacks that plague Sandstorm teams. Archeops can just beat everything to a pulp with Acrobatics, but frailty and Defeatist let it down. Armaldo (DW), Kabutops, Omastar, and Carracosta (DW) get Swift Swim, although Armaldo doesn't really need it and the latter two use Shell Smash instead. Lunatone and Solrock can use Baton Pass if you want them to (Pokemon XD purification move).

Moral of the story: You can make Rock-types work if you try, but there are usually better options.

To a degree. There are a lot of hard hitters to it. Regirock can be most viable in Sandstorm. Boosting its decent SpDef it can be a great wall. Regirock is also a viable user to set up Stealth rocks. However with rain running around Regirock can be KO on many Rain boosted water attacks.

Lady Alex

Mew is blue
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
One of its biggest problems is its redundant defensive typing with ttar and lack of utility outside of laying rocks. I guess it's bulky enough to be able to spread paralysis relatively well.

An idea for a Doubles team occurred to me, but it seems odd I haven't heard of this being used before. Which makes me worry that it might not work.

So- can Flash Fire be activated more than once on a single Pokémon? Stacking the boosts.

An idea for a Doubles team occurred to me, but it seems odd I haven't heard of this being used before. Which makes me worry that it might not work.

So- can Flash Fire be activated more than once on a single Pokémon? Stacking the boosts.
No, after one time it just absorbs the damage but does nothing added to that. You can at most get a 1,5x boost on Fire-type moves there.

All right, thanks.

Was thinking it might be possible to use Chandelure/Heatran in Sun and bulldoze everything with CScarf Heat Wave, getting around resistances with sheer brute force, but if it's not possible it's not possible.

Is (accurate) RNG abuse possible in HG/SS if I don't show the Togepi egg to Elm? I checked today and found out that the lv. 1 Togepi that hatched from the egg was pokeshifted into my White Version. It's been so long since I played HG that I don't remember if I showed the egg to Elm or not before it was traded up to White. Is there something he will say when I go talk to him that will let me know if he's already seen the Togepi or not?

Is (accurate) RNG abuse possible in HG/SS if I don't show the Togepi egg to Elm?
This should be in the appropriate RNG thread instead, but just so you know, Juggler Irwin can be used instead; "How are you..." = P, "I'm glad you called..." = K, ""... escapades..." = E.

All right, thanks.

Was thinking it might be possible to use Chandelure/Heatran in Sun and bulldoze everything with CScarf Heat Wave, getting around resistances with sheer brute force, but if it's not possible it's not possible.
Well, apart from DisQuake ripping your stuff apart and being completely unable to stand up against Surf spam or Trick Room teams, you should be fine... Ooh, and Tailwind Terrakion should ruin your day as well.
What do you mean, I just summed up 90% of the metagame?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
See/Check My Thread. In case you don't know, it's the abbreviation used when someone in the WiFi subforum wants to make a trade and they have their own thread.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)