Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually remember reading about this, I think it's...oh geez I want to say like one in 8 for most pokemon? But then you've got a few like Marill who are like 1 in 32?

Hmmm I'll try finding the exact post about this

edit: Okay, here we go:
Thanks for the info. Poliwag must be pretty skewed... I've gotten 5 males and 0 females. I wish there was a map of the Pleasant Forest so that given my starting point, I could pick a path that would take me through the most number of ponds, but I don't believe one exists.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The amount of work to get contributor is not set in stone, it really depends on the type and quality of contributions that you provide to the site.

Pre-contributor is pretty much a "trial" badge, it's no longer C&C exclusive and is given to people who've already shown the qualities to become a badgeholder but still lack the quantity and\or the quality to get the full badge.
I see.Thx man!

If you EV-train a Nincada, will the Shedinja have the EV's or will it be essentially UT?
edit: I assume it has the same IV's and everything.

If you EV-train a Nincada, will the Shedinja have the EV's or will it be essentially UT?
edit: I assume it has the same IV's and everything.
Yes, it takes over the IV and the EV from Nicanda, so make sure not to have EVs on HP, Def and SDef.
Funny fact: It even takes over shininess.

Yes, it takes over the IV and the EV from Nicanda, so make sure not to have EVs on HP, Def and SDef.
Funny fact: It even takes over shininess.
K, thanks. Oh, and I assume it'll have the same hatch/catch date too? I want it to keep the 11.11.11 date but don't really feel like EV'n it today. xP

Interesting question, I have never paid any attention to the date. Would be nice if you tell us tomorrow - when the catch/hatch date is identically to Nincada's, fair enough, and when it is not, change the DS date to 11.11.11.

Besides, is there a DD-Lum-Dragonite counter? Usually I just revenge kill it with Scarf-Terrakion, when Multi is broken. The opponent somehow gets rid of SR, I find it fairly difficult, as it will go for a second boost. Scarf-Haxorus can OHKO Dragonite with Dragon Claw, but it HAS to come in DD because in other cases it would be dead. Some people recommend Quagsire, but its stats are more horrible and can easily be circumvent.

Hey guys! Quick n00b question!

How does one acquire a Dream World Torchic?

I saw that Serebii listed the Pokemon as available on their B/W Pokedex, but does anyone know how to actually obtain it?

I am very new to Dream World and am completely ignorant when it comes to using it so any help would be much appreciated.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys! Quick n00b question!

How does one acquire a Dream World Torchic?

I saw that Serebii listed the Pokemon as available on their B/W Pokedex, but does anyone know how to actually obtain it?

I am very new to Dream World and am completely ignorant when it comes to using it so any help would be much appreciated.
The only way was a one time use password,so you can't get it normally.

I asked a question about the general metagame temperature about a week ago, and now that I've finally checked it out, what is so game-changing about Spooky Manor pokemon? There are a number of interesting additions, but nothing looks very game-changing at all.

I asked a question about the general metagame temperature about a week ago, and now that I've finally checked it out, what is so game-changing about Spooky Manor pokemon? There are a number of interesting additions, but nothing looks very game-changing at all.
The main additions are Sableye, Alakazam, and Volbeat.
-Sableye with Prankster is an absolute troll, with priority moves like Will-o-Wisp, Taunt, and Recover, as well as deceptive bulk. It pretty much ruins any physical attacker without a Lum Berry or is a Fire type 75% of the time. The other 25% is when Will-o misses, but still has a high chance of winning in the end.
-Magic Guard was the best thing to happen to Alakazam. An incredibly frail poke, easily whittled down by things such as burn, toxic, entry hazards, and weather is now immune to all of those things. It also can have recoil-free Life Orb attacks, making it incredibly strong and faster than the majority of the meta
-Volbeat can priority BP Tail Glow, and occasionally pass a Sub on with it. That's pretty much it for Volbeat.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Hey guys, how viable do you guys think Double SandStream would be, seeing as it's the only weather that gets 2 decent users of permaweather in the tier (lol NFE pokes).

Hey guys, how viable do you guys think Double SandStream would be, seeing as it's the only weather that gets 2 decent users of permaweather in the tier (lol NFE pokes).
First, specify the tier. It's hard to know what tier you're talking about.
Secondly, in OU it would only be viable if you are either:
A Paranoid about losing the weather war
B Using a Stall team (to ensure you have the weather you need)

But otherwise, you'd be wasting a slot if the other weather starter isn't what you need. This also goes for UU, btw.

canno

formerly The Reptile
First, specify the tier. It's hard to know what tier you're talking about.
Secondly, in OU it would only be viable if you are either:
A Paranoid about losing the weather war
B Using a Stall team (to ensure you have the weather you need)

But otherwise, you'd be wasting a slot if the other weather starter isn't what you need. This also goes for UU, btw.
My bad on the first part. Yeah, I was referring to OU. I thought this was where OU question were to be asked, since the tier does not have it's own Sub-Forum.

For the second part, if I was to make a DoubleStream Stall Team, I would have make Tyranitar Specially Bulky (Since it's Rock-type) and make Hippo Physically Bulky, correct?

Also, sorry if these are n00b questions. I've been playing RU and UU, so I'm new to the OU metagame.

Thanks for the info. Poliwag must be pretty skewed... I've gotten 5 males and 0 females. I wish there was a map of the Pleasant Forest so that given my starting point, I could pick a path that would take me through the most number of ponds, but I don't believe one exists.
Well, don't forget that 1:3 ratio doesn't mean that you'll get a female in by the 3rd one. Sort of like how you aren't guaranteed a shiny after 8000 encounters

Out of curiosity, is there a dedicated Sun thread in DST?

I wasn't able to find one with Smogon's search function ('sun' is too short to search, and 'drought' didn't bring any sun team discussion up from what I could find).

My bad on the first part. Yeah, I was referring to OU. I thought this was where OU question were to be asked, since the tier does not have it's own Sub-Forum.

For the second part, if I was to make a DoubleStream Stall Team, I would have make Tyranitar Specially Bulky (Since it's Rock-type) and make Hippo Physically Bulky, correct?

Also, sorry if these are n00b questions. I've been playing RU and UU, so I'm new to the OU metagame.
It all depends on if you already have stuff for that or not, or if those pokemon are meant for those roles. If you want you could try it. I heard a Sp Defensive Ttar can live through a +0 Timid Mewtwo's Aurasphere, so it could work.
But try it out and see how it goes.
And btw, when you click Dragonspiral Tower, you're already at the OU section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)