Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna start a new file but, pretty much all of my pokemon that i've worked hard to obtain are on my current white file and i don't wanna erase hundreds of hours of work (i have like 490 hours on it)
So what i did at first was i pokemon transfered the team i wanna play the game with ( a treecko, a cyndaquil, a girafarig LOL, a aipom, a roselia and a houndour) just cause i love using these guys plus it's even more fun with the better graphics. But anyways, what i did was i transfered them all at level 7 and i've started running through the game....But as you can probably guess, it's really disappointing.
All i do i wild battles, no gym leaders, no story. I wish there was a way i could start over w/o losing my pokemon on the file AND transfering the team to the newer file.
Any suggestions? Note i have 2 ds's, one pokemon white version and one soul silver version.

Looking for A DW ability poliwag and a Jirachi thats timid or modest and UT.

I can offer:
UT Shiny Deino with Dark Pulse
UT Shiny Sandile
UT Shiny Tynamo

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
On the PO server Wish healed the recipient even after the user fainted. On the Smogon server, though, Wish fails to heal the recipient if the user faints. Which is the correct mechanism??

I haven't played UU yet, any I might never actually. But I am slightly confused about UU decision to ban drought, it seems counter intuitive to Smogon policy. I would think that if drought would be a problem, ban drought + chlorophyll and abusers like Victini, like when OU banned drizzle + swift swim and Manaphy. I and just wondering though ,why drought was banned in such a manner, I don't intend to debate this, just curiosity got the best of me.

On the PO server Wish healed the recipient even after the user fainted. On the Smogon server, though, Wish fails to heal the recipient if the user faints. Which is the correct mechanism??
It depends on when the user faints. If they faint on the same turn they use Wish, it will still activate at the end of the next turn. If they faint on the turn after they use Wish, it will do nothing, because when a pokemon faints their replacement is sent in after the end of the turn.

Considering that, are you sure there's a difference between the two servers?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hmm, so both servers most likely had the same mechanism... thanks for the clarification!

I wanna start a new file but, pretty much all of my pokemon that i've worked hard to obtain are on my current white file and i don't wanna erase hundreds of hours of work (i have like 490 hours on it)
So what i did at first was i pokemon transfered the team i wanna play the game with ( a treecko, a cyndaquil, a girafarig LOL, a aipom, a roselia and a houndour) just cause i love using these guys plus it's even more fun with the better graphics. But anyways, what i did was i transfered them all at level 7 and i've started running through the game....But as you can probably guess, it's really disappointing.
All i do i wild battles, no gym leaders, no story. I wish there was a way i could start over w/o losing my pokemon on the file AND transfering the team to the newer file.
Any suggestions? Note i have 2 ds's, one pokemon white version and one soul silver version.
If you just want to play the game, I'd suggest getting a ROM on your computer. Search YouTube to find out how. Otherwise, find a friend with the same generation of game as you that you can trade everything you want to keep over to, and get them to hold on to them.

I haven't played UU yet, any I might never actually. But I am slightly confused about UU decision to ban drought, it seems counter intuitive to Smogon policy. I would think that if drought would be a problem, ban drought + chlorophyll and abusers like Victini, like when OU banned drizzle + swift swim and Manaphy. I and just wondering though ,why drought was banned in such a manner, I don't intend to debate this, just curiosity got the best of me.
Alderon's Proposal was an exception to Smogon policy, actually. The general idea was to keep things with as few complex bans as possible. Drought was agreed to be too overpowered in UU, and banned, simple as that.

Hmm, I'm in a bit of predicament. Is there an official clause stating that use of 3 of the same item in a single team is banned? Is this an assumed clause or an optional clause?

Hmm, I'm in a bit of predicament. Is there an official clause stating that use of 3 of the same item in a single team is banned? Is this an assumed clause or an optional clause?
It's an optional clause. However, if it's used, then no more than 1 of the same item can be used on a team.

Can somebody tell me what happened to Wobbuffet? How'd he drop from Uber to BL?
Wobbuffet dropped into UU because he wasn't deemed broken enough to be in Uber(Encore nerf, power creep, etc.), and nobody really wanted him in OU(I suppose so when everyone is spamming stuff like Reuniclus and Excadrill to really care about him). In UU, he was deemed broken(wobbtrio lol) and sent to BL.

oooh, so you could ask for team advises here huh?

Well, currently I'm working with a competitive team consisting of Pokemon all having the ability Regenerator. It's working ok as of the moment, but maybe I could get some suggestions here. this is what I have so far:

Mienshao @ Life Orb: Fake Out / Hi Jump Kick / Stone Edge / U-turn
Audino @ Light Clay: Trick Room / Reflect / Light Screen / Wish
Slowbro @ Life Orb: Trick Room / Surf / Psyshock / Fire Blast
Reuniclus @ Life Orb: Trick Room / Psyshock / Shadow Ball / Focus Blast
Tangrowth @ Life Orb: Power Whip / Earthquake / Rock Slide / Poison Jab
Amoongus @ Leftovers: Spore / Giga Drain / Clear Smog / Hidden Power Fire

So basically, it's an offensive (4 Life Orbs!) Trick Room team, that switches a lot for recovery, under screen and Wish support from Audino. For emergencies, I go to Amoongus.

Suggestions for the team slots, EVs, movesets, etc?
As much as possible, i'd like to limit the team to Regenerator pokemon. Thus, the only other pokemon I could use are the pre-evo's of the above 'mons, Slowking, Corsola, and Alomomola.

And yes, I use Regenerator Reuniclus, not Magic Guard. Crazy, huh? ^^

I'm hoping somebody could help me out.

I can RNG for 2 more Jirachi in my 4th gen carts. I already RNG'd for a specially-flawless Bold Jirachi, and also have a Timid WISHMKR Jirachi with the IVs 17/7/30/26/19/18 (HP Fire 69). I don't yet know how I want to use Jirachi in 5th gen, but want to RNG them while I have some free time. The recommended natures in the 5th gen analysis are Careful, Jolly, Timid, and Bold. Since I already have a perfect Bold one, what would arguably be the best 2 natures to RNG for (out of Careful/Jolly/Timid)? The Timid one I have is good for a WISHMKR Jirachi, but it's far from the perfect one I could RNG for.

timid is good. u already have it. u can use it offensively on rain teams.

CAREFUL IS A MUST. the best this gen.
the second has got to be jolly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)