Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, (Soulfly included) this belongs more in the suspect testing forums. If you have an arguement about certain pokemon being in a certain tier, then go complain there. But I'll think I'll wrap up this arguement like this:

These legendaries aren't in ubers because they don't have the fire power to BE in ubers. Landorus would get swamped by kyogre, and I doubt victini could do much to groudon with V-create. Garchomp was banned simply because of the sets he could run. It doesn't matter what the base stat total is. A lv 1 rattata can beat a lv 100 rayquaza with the right moveset. Case closed. If you still want to keep on arguing, do it in the suspect testing thread.
Mkay ...

What pokemon suited to the OU environment has a fire resist but can also be used to check (not necessarily counter) some common rain threats? Hopefully there are a few, because I could really use some options.

The dragons I understand, although speedy ice users are common in the rain (like starmie) so I'm not sure how they would really be checks. And Heatran in the rain? I don't know about that one.
I heard heatran is like one of the most common pokemons on rain teams.
Dont ask why because i really dont know :)
But i heard someone saying that before.

Anyways , i think you know what i mean , and i think every1 that battle's on smogon has felt what i'm feeling before , unless they never had 5 battles in a row with people using almost full legend OU teams ...
If we all felt that way, we would say so. We don't. You just need to get better at playing the game and adapting to playing against different teams. Look at the usage stats - legendary Pokemon appear frequently because so many of them have the stats and movepool necessary to be effective, but they don't come anywhere close to dominating the tier.

If we all felt that way, we would say so. We don't. You just need to get better at playing the game and adapting to playing against different teams. Look at the usage stats - legendary Pokemon appear frequently because so many of them have the stats and movepool necessary to be effective, but they don't come anywhere close to dominating the tier.
Completely agreed! :D

Let's face it: A legendary Pokémon is just a Pokémon which can't be bred and can only be caught once per ingame file...and sometimes it comes with funky background music :P

None of the things that make it legendary have a significant impact on the metagame, and some non-legendary Pokémon have better stats then legendaries (Slaking as a somewhat poor example)

If you treat every pokémon the same, rather than legendaries and others, you'll see there isn't much of an impact :)

Does Magic Bounce reflect attacks with only side effects or all side effects? For example, if I were to Thunderbolt a Magic Bounce Espeon and I paralyze it, would I be paralyzed or the Espeon?

Does Magic Bounce reflect attacks with only side effects or all side effects? For example, if I were to Thunderbolt a Magic Bounce Espeon and I paralyze it, would I be paralyzed or the Espeon?
It only reflects status moves. Espeon can still be statused by damaging moves like Thunderbolt.

Lol I repeat my question due to thread being spammed up by the legends issue, which type of pokemon do waters like to switch in to? Then, which poke would make a good lure for water pokes?

Lol I repeat my question due to thread being spammed up by the legends issue, which type of pokemon do waters like to switch in to? Then, which poke would make a good lure for water pokes?
Water types mainly like to switch into fire types. Therefore, a good lure would be something such as a Heatran with Hidden Power Grass, as it an destroy common switch-ins such as Gastrodon and Quagsire.

Ok are ivs really that important I know the impact that natures have on stats but exactly how much comes out of ivs and should I waste time breeding for them. (p.s. 1st post)

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok are ivs really that important I know the impact that natures have on stats but exactly how much comes out of ivs and should I waste time breeding for them. (p.s. 1st post)

VERY IMPORTANT without ivs you are losing anywhere from 1 to 30 stat points, thats pretty damn significant. you should definatly breed for them

If genesect was released, would it be OU for suspect testing or would it go straight to uber? cuz i think arceus went straight to uber, no?

If genesect was released, would it be OU for suspect testing or would it go straight to uber? cuz i think arceus went straight to uber, no?
Arceus could be any type , where genesect is always steel bug , with an attack that differs from the disc in its back.
But he keeps the x4 weakness to fire , also doesnt have as mad stats as arceus if i'm not wrong (arceus 120 in all stats ,where genesect has lower hp and defence i believe )
So could be placed in OU for testing if you ask me.

If I received an egg from the daycare, saved, hatched it to find it was shiny, then soft resetted and traded the egg to another cartridge; would it still hatch shiny?

^Actually no because shininess is determined by tid/sid as well so a shiny egg will not hatch shiny in another save(unless you have same id/sid of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)