Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I made an animation in Image Ready, but I'm having some trouble running it in anything other than Image ready and uploading it. Can anyone guide me through the entire process (yes I saved it as a gif...)

I hate Infernape.

Some how, some way, I've beaten 3 on that battle tower Wifi. How? My main offense for those *insert*s is actually my Roserade, since that's the only thing I have. I hope it has some sort of Choice item, take a Close Combat, and send Roserade out, which barely survives the hit, which then Sludge Bombs the weakened ape which KOs it. But Sand Stream usually finishes off the Roserade...

But what if that monkey happens to be faster and just happens to -not- be packing a Choice item?

All hell breaks loose.

Close Combat to TTar.
Flare Blitz to Roserade.
"Pick your poison" for Magnezone.

Not to mention it "laughs it's butt off" at the other 3 I have, that are all weak to it, which include Bronzong, Ninjask (IF... but if it is somehow faster, kerslam with Stone Edge OR Thunderpunch), and Metagross.

Metagross is my team player when it looks like TTar won't get the job done. BUT ONLY if it recieves Speed Boosts from Ninjask first.
It's pretty much the only thing I have for the monkey besides the Rose but even then that means I might have to lose one of the others, not to mention holding on for dear life.

As you can see, my team is somewhat imbalanced. I want another tank-ish Pokemon that works in Sandstorm that can bring that monkey to it's knees.

That's not my only problem.
In my first Wifi room (I never got any more new data until just recently) I made it to the final guy once with those 3 aforementioned Pokemon.
He led with something, a something that I want for my team that doesn't have TTar on it....

Electivire.

That thing didn't give me a single chance.

EARTHQUAKE.

ICE PUNCH.

CROSS CHOP.

It was bittersweet. Electivire is so awesome. Just another one of those Pokemon you just can't go wrong with....

Ice. That's another thing I'm sorta skiddish of, although I'm not afraid of Weavile by any means as 5 of my Pokemon can kill it, if you count Ninjask as the 5th one (It still has gas even after it's Passed. It works like a Revenge Killer.).

So, I was planning on trying to get a good Gligar/Gliscor, but that Ice weakness.... I'm not afraid but I'm not immune.

My team just screams for Swampert..
Just another that could possible bring my team down, if it weren't for Roserade.

So what would be a good tank/something to go on a Sandstorm team that could take care of Infernape/ELectivire that's not named Bronzong?

I think I should have just gotten Gliscor instead of Bronzong in the first place, maybe....

Speaking of switching, I was thinking about replacing Roserade with Cacturne so it'd go well with the Sandstorm team that I inadvertently built it around. But.... I'm not sure if that'd be a great decision. I like Roserade because it kills off other Grass Pokemon (if they're not Poison; even so it's a strong attack) and it's my Swampert counter just the same. Oh, and it looks pretty. :P Cacturne looks kool too. But it's even more frail. I can almost count on Roserade surviving a Special hit.

Sorry for the uber long post; it almost looks like I should've put it in that RMT place, but my team isn't so..... serious and I just want a few tips.

Umm...@ Above, if I answer your question, will you answer mine, please do! Here it is...Can I please have a Link too the top rated teams? The search is disabled, and I cant seem too find it. TY in advance

Anyway, Hippowdon says hi. If the Ape isnt packing Grass Knot, it walls it prefectly.

Hippowdon@Lefties
Impish
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp Def

Slack Off
EQ
Curse
Crunch/Stone Edge

@ shinyelite, yeah, hippowdon works, also could try BPing some speed to a gliscor, who can then OHKO both with a stabbed earthqauke. although watch out for special versions of infernape.

@^ might want to specify what type of team.
standard 6v6, 3v3, double battle. also mention what tier.

Oh, I see. In that case, Standard OU. I wanna see Obis Team (srsly, Im a n00b, I havent.) and all the other top ranked teams. TY.

Def/SDef/HP are all reasonably important on a scarfed Flygon, right? I have a 31 SpAtk Atk Spd one finally, but what would be a 'minimum' for the other stats?

Was the tier list modified yesterday? I saw Feraligatr listed as BL before yesterday, then it was UU then back to BL. Am I crazy or something?

Can someone help me with those" Magic numbers" for speed? I need to find out what i should be able to outspeed in OU with a base 90 Choice Scarfer. I just need some EVs tbh.

Guys, I just realized...in a double battle, if you press START, you can see your HP #.

If Magneton is faster than Magnezone, is it practical to use Magneton instead for speed?

+10 spd, -10 sp.atk.
+10 spe, -10 spatk, -10 def, -10 spdef, -10 hp IIRC

If Magneton is faster than Magnezone, is it practical to use Magneton instead for speed?

+10 spd, -10 sp.atk.
Magnezone takes hits way better, just imagine this: back in ADV Magneton died to two stabbed Thunderbolts. I'm just saying that Magneton becomes deadweight after he has done his job where Magnezone doesn't.

Is there a wall that walls E-Vire/T-tar/Heracross, or comes close to it? I have a gaping hole in my team right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)