Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer mark 6 (read 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the Critical Chance of A Pokemon With the Super Luck ability, using Night Slash, while holding a Razor Claw or Scope Lens. If the ratios are different, just write the higher one, thanks in advanced.

How does Water Spout and Eruptions base power work? I know it starts off at 150 power at full heath, but is it's base power at lower HP?
From the move description thread:

[NAME]
Eruption
[SHORT DESC]
Does less damage as the user's HP decreases.
[LONG DESC]
The formula for the power is 150 * Current HP / Max HP. At 100% health, therefore, the power is 150.

What is the Critical Chance of A Pokemon With the Super Luck ability, using Night Slash, while holding a Razor Claw or Scope Lens. If the ratios are different, just write the higher one, thanks in advanced.
If the stuff I have in my simulator code is correct (I forget where they were written on Smogon, probably in some research thread), Super Luck is +1 stage, Night Slash is +1 stage, and Razor Claw/Scope Lens is +1 stage, making it domain 3. This means the chance is about 33%, instead of the normal 6.25% chance of critical hits.

If anyone is curious, the stages move up 6.25%, 12.5%, 25%, 33%, and 50%, as far as I know. Focus Energy is a +2 stage boost.

This is a Wi-Fi battling geared question.

I think it's safe to say that just about every OU Pokemon (mainly thinking of Blissey and Starmie) with the Natural Cure ability, has Natural Cure. Is it always right to assume that, or are we allowed to cast another sleeping spell even before we see the Pokemon put to sleep?

I think it's safe to say that just about every OU Pokemon (mainly thinking of Blissey and Starmie) with the Natural Cure ability, has Natural Cure. Is it always right to assume that, or are we allowed to cast another sleeping spell even before we see the Pokemon put to sleep?
There was some discussion about this, and I think it's considered a valid, if somewhat dirty, way of making someone violate the sleep clause to use Starmie WITHOUT Natural Cure, for instance, so someone thinks it will have healed itself.

...so, it's best not to try to sleep something else until you find out if blissey/starmie is really asleep.

I guess you'd have to clear that with your partner whether you think it's unfair. And it might not always be their fault trying to get someone to violate it; they may have gotten unlucky with an Illuminate Staryu and decided to call it quits, or even wanted to use Serene Grace on a CMBliss to take advantage of Freezing/Paralysis.

I went with 252 HP/252 SPATK, but I rely on T-Wave from Blissey and Togekiss. There should or used to be a speed tier list with the numbers you needed to know.

Three questions.

[ABILITY]
Sand Stream
[SHORT DESC]
Summons a sandstorm upon switch in.
[LONG DESC]
Upon the ability-bearer switching in, an indefinite sandstorm starts. This sandstorm can only be canceled by the summoning of a different weather, either by the use of a move, or by the switching in of a Pokémon having Drizzle, Drought, or Snow Warning.
I know that the move "Sandstorm" makes a sandstorm that lasts for 5 turns...so:

1. The sandstorm's effects will be canceled temporarily (damage, increased special defense) though the sandstorm will continue, if a pokemon with Air Lock or Cloud Nine is out, correct? (and I assume both do exactly the same thing)

2. After the Sandstream pokemon is switched out, does the sandstorm still continue forever unless weather is changed?

3. If the answer to 2 is yes, then weather never actually STOPS in the battle unless something uses the move Sunny Day, Rain Dance, or Hail?

Just wondering, what are the stats of all of the ingame trainers pokemon. If I heard correctly one time, all of them have a neutral nature, no EV's, and IV's of all zero's. Is this correct?

I was looking at Glaceon's choice specs set and noticed Sleep Talk. If you switch into a sleep move with a choice item, and on the next turn use Sleep Talk, will it still pick one of your 3 moves like normal? And what happens the turn after that if it picks a different move, does it fail?

If the current research is right, I believe sleep talk will work the first time, picking a move, and then fail EVERY time thereafter until the pokemon is switched out.

If you choose a move that's not sleep talk, and don't wake up, then you can apparently still choose a different move the next turn.

Just wondering, what are the stats of all of the ingame trainers pokemon. If I heard correctly one time, all of them have a neutral nature, no EV's, and IV's of all zero's. Is this correct?
While I don't know about your average in game trainers, I know that Battle Tower trainers have decent natures, are completely EV trained, and have 31 IVs in everything.

I have a EndRev Swarm Heracross. I'm planning on changing it over to a regular Scarfcross (i.e. Megahorn, Stone Edge, Close Combat, x). It has 0 IVs in speed. Since it's going to be Scarfed, does this matter, or should I rebreed for another one? I'll be needing to outspeed Alakazam and Weavile.

I have a EndRev Swarm Heracross. I'm planning on changing it over to a regular Scarfcross (i.e. Megahorn, Stone Edge, Close Combat, x). It has 0 IVs in speed. Since it's going to be Scarfed, does this matter, or should I rebreed for another one? I'll be needing to outspeed Alakazam and Weavile.
you will still have 391 which will oustspeed Jolly weavile and timid zam but not jolteon/aerodactyl/crobat as well as other scarf users. it's up to you to decide what you want to do but I would recommend rebreeding
edit: rebreeding to get guts is a good idea too

While I don't know about your average in game trainers, I know that Battle Tower trainers have decent natures, are completely EV trained, and have 31 IVs in everything.
Yeah, I was wondering about the trainers around sinnoh, not in the battle tower.

Kind of a long question, but there's no proper place for it so here goes...

I used an EV reducing berry after I accidentally went to 255 instead of 252 on my Slowpoke's HP EVs. I used an EV reducing berry, and the change was drastic and his HP dropped from about 106 to 98! When I went to check his IVs again afterwards, it was 0 instead of 30-31! Later on, exact same thing happened to Slowpoke's defense.

Obviously, these berries do not effect IVs, so what gives? If these really reduce your EVs by 10, this really should be the case.

(And, yes, I double checked to make sure I plugged in Slowpoke's information correctly.)

Kind of a long question, but there's no proper place for it so here goes...

I used an EV reducing berry after I accidentally went to 255 instead of 252 on my Slowpoke's HP EVs. I used an EV reducing berry, and the change was drastic and his HP dropped from about 106 to 98! When I went to check his IVs again afterwards, it was 0 instead of 30-31! Later on, exact same thing happened to Slowpoke's defense.

Obviously, these berries do not effect IVs, so what gives? If these really reduce your EVs by 10, this really should be the case.

(And, yes, I double checked to make sure I plugged in Slowpoke's information correctly.)
If the EVs in that stat are above 100, one berry reduces them to 100 I believe, so that probably accounts for it.

Got one quick question myself- can you baton pass out of a mean look?

You can Baton Pass a Mean look, I've seen it done.

And thanks for the answer, I think I remember reading that somewhere.

Looks like we've answered each other's questions. Cool.

You can Baton Pass a Mean look, I've seen it done.

And thanks for the answer, I think I remember reading that somewhere.

Looks like we've answered each other's questions. Cool.
Oops sorry I don't think I was clear! I meant if you use mean look to trap your opponent, can they use baton pass to escape?

If the opponent's pokemon is under effect of mean look and use baton pass, he will be able to change his place with another pokemon, but the effect of mean look will still remain on the new arrived pokemon, so it's not a "100% escape".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)