Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone know the Ball rate for a Heavy Ball at its maximum, like how a Dusk Ball has a Ball rate of 4 when used at night/in a cave.

Does anyone know the Ball rate for a Heavy Ball at its maximum, like how a Dusk Ball has a Ball rate of 4 when used at night/in a cave.
It has a catch rate of 40 when the Pokémon is over 903 pounds according to Bulbapedia, Smogon says it caps at 4.

It has a catch rate of 40 when the Pokémon is over 903 pounds according to Bulbapedia, Smogon says it caps at 4.
I read the 40 as well, but given that would make it a ridiculously powerful pokeball, especially against a heavyweight like, oh, say, Groudon, I'm gonna go ahead and guess the "40" on Bulba is a typo.

So I have my friends FC and he has mine, he has HG and I have SS, when I go to the basement and go to the wifi room to try to battle him neither of us show up on eachother screens, any ideas how I can fix this or what I'm doing wrong?
Have you started with some of the more obvious checks? Make sure you have each other's FCs recorded properly. I also don't remember if your friends show up regardless of whether or not they're inviting for a trade/battle.

Numel seems to miss out on a lot of TM's that Camerupt learns (Explosion, Flash Cannon, Roar etc). Wondered whats up with that.
It's possible they did this to prevent them from being passed on to newly hatched Numels.

Which pokemon's defensive typing is better? Aggron's Steel/Rock or Torterra's Grass/Ground?
Although it really depends on your team, and what attacks you can sponge with your other members, definatly torterra. Aggron has a surf weak, and a 4x weak to fighting and ground, two of the most used attacking types in the game. Torterra on the other hand resists stonequake, plus as an added bonus he has STAB earthquake to hit fire types switching in. Ice type moves are also rarer in UU so that's less to worry about.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ok I need some clarification on this, it was mentioned in a smogon thread that:

Fast Ball has a capture modifier of *1. When used against Abra, Dragonair, Dratini, Eevee, Entei, Grimer, Latias, Latios, Magnemite, Mr. Mime, Porygon, Quagsire, Raikou, Suicune, or Tangela, this modifier becomes *4.

but then bulbapedia says that *4 modifier will occur when ever the Pokemon has a base speed of 100 or more. Furthermore, why would it have a *4 modifier on something like magnemite, grimer, quagsire, and a few others when none of these pokemon have good Speed. So if anyone can explain this or link a post that discusses this in detail it would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by Fat Da Rules

15. As a site dedicated to competitive battling, we request that your team is as competitive as possible within its given metagame. In-game teams and gimmick teams will be closed. Battle Tower teams are permitted. "Theme Teams" are also OK as long as they demonstrate an understanding of the competitive metagame they are to be used in.

I used Action Replay to get a Jirachi code in SoulSilver. However this code doesn't give Jirachi straight to your party with perfect IV's or a Jolly nature. It's IV's and nature are completely random every time I SR it, just like a regular a stationary legendary. It is the Nintendo Zone Jirachi (OT is Gamestop or something like that) and I can receive it from the Delivery Man in PokeMart after activating the code. Is this Jirachi legitimate or not?
Nintendo can't tell if you hacked the wonder card right?
The perfect ivs can come from regular RNG abusing!

So I'm having some extreme breeding problems. I want a female, modest Ralts with WoW, and I've hatched approx. 130+ Ralts. Only one was modest, but it was a male. The parents are a female Timid Ralts and a male Modest Duskull. Am I just having bad luck, or is there a way I can remedy my problem?

How do I create a box that users can scroll through within a post so they don't have to read the entire list if they so desire ( as seen on trade threads often )

Thanks

So I'm having some extreme breeding problems. I want a female, modest Ralts with WoW, and I've hatched approx. 130+ Ralts. Only one was modest, but it was a male. The parents are a female Timid Ralts and a male Modest Duskull. Am I just having bad luck, or is there a way I can remedy my problem?
You're just unlucky. There's a 1 in 50 chance you'll get a female Ralts with the nature you want. If all you want is a Timid female one, you can use the Pokeradar on Route 203 in DPPt and make sure you have a Pokemon with Synchronize and a Modest Nature and each one you run into will have a 50% chance of being Modest.

How do I create a box that users can scroll through within a post so they don't have to read the entire list if they so desire ( as seen on trade threads often )

Thanks
Highlight the text you want and click the # symbol on the top toolbar in the post window. If you're editing a post, I think you have to either click the Go Advanced button or type
Code:
 and [ /code] (without the space) around the text yourself.

You're just unlucky. There's a 1 in 50 chance you'll get a female Ralts with the nature you want. If all you want is a Timid female one, you can use the Pokeradar on Route 203 in DPPt and make sure you have a Pokemon with Synchronize and a Modest Nature and each one you run into will have a 50% chance of being Modest.

That sucks. I was starting to think my game was rigged. What Pokes have the ability Synchronize?

i am almost sure that the natures reset(same for ivs), i checked and it look like that but i would need to test in-game to be 100% sure.

i take that by smogon you mean the forums(here) because they are multiple servers on shoddy battle, with the main one being the smogon server.

anyway no, not all mods from the forums are moderators on the smogon shoddy battle server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)