Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i use my Arcanine @ Physical Choice Movest and Evs as a lead? And if i do so should i replace choice band with life orb for more coverage against other leads?

Just wondering if the event chansey with wish, came as an egg or if it was just given as a chansey, at said event? This could prove the legitimacy of a very nice wish blissey.

Can i use my Arcanine @ Physical Choice Movest and Evs as a lead? And if i do so should i replace choice band with life orb for more coverage against other leads?
You could try Mixed with Life Orb since Flare Blitz has it's nasty recoil downside. With Extremespeed, Fire Blast or Overheat, HP Grass, and maybe Morning Sun. Has a great coverage.

You could try Mixed with Life Orb since Flare Blitz has it's nasty recoil downside. With Extremespeed, Fire Blast or Overheat, HP Grass, and maybe Morning Sun. Has a great coverage.
How exactly does hidden power work? how do i know that it will be HP Grass?

Hidden Power's type and power depend on your Pokemon's IVs. Type can be anything except normal, and power is between 30 and 70 inclusive.
Metalkid's IV calculator, http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx will find your IVs, and thus the type and power of your Hidden Power.
You can also find the type of your Hidden Power directly, either by attacking a Kecleon, or by speaking to a man in the Veilstone (or Celadon in HGSS) Game Corner's Prize Exchange.

Could someone suggest natures and perhaps EV spreads for the following? Thanks in advance!

Golem with Curse
Camerupt with Stockpile/Swallow/Spit Up
Corsola with Curse
Seviper with Switcheroo
Toxicroak with Counter

What is an iv battle? What does iv stand for?
An IV Battle is when you take a bunch of low level Pokemon, like 5 that just hatched, and you battle online with a friend. They will automatically go to level 100. Then you can enter their stats into pretty much any IV Calculator and get their IVs.

IV's are Individual Values, and are what determine the stats of different Pokemon, specifically of members of the same species, and are the equivalent to genes. There are 6 different types of IV: one for each of the Stats, though in Generations I and II there were only 4 due to the fact that instead of the Special Defense and Special Attack stats there was only the Special stat, and the HP stat was determined from the values of the Defense, Attack, Speed and Special IVs. Gender is also detmined by IVs, with Males having higher IVs and Females having lower IVs. IVs also detemine the type of Hidden Power a Pokemon will be able to use. A Pokemon will only be "Shiny" if it's IVs are of certain values, and because of this, are only capable of using Hidden Powers of either the Grass-type or the Dragon-type.

Could someone suggest natures and perhaps EV spreads for the following? Thanks in advance!

Golem with Curse
Camerupt with Stockpile/Swallow/Spit Up
Corsola with Curse
Seviper with Switcheroo
Toxicroak with Counter
Golem @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
228 HP / 72 SpA / 208 SpD

Corsola @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD

Seviper with Switcheroo depends if you're going to either use Choice Specs or Choice Scarf. You can find its sets here. If you choose to use the Choice Band variant, I suggest replacing Body Slam for Switcheroo. If you're using the Choice Specs variant, I suggest replacing Hidden Power Ground.

Toxicroak @ Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Hope this helped.

Gender is also detmined by IVs, with Males having higher IVs and Females having lower IVs...A Pokemon will only be "Shiny" if it's IVs are of certain values, and because of this, are only capable of using Hidden Powers of either the Grass-type or the Dragon-type.
That is all only true in the second generation. In the advance and DS generations it is not the case: gender is determined separately, and shinyness depends on the players Secret ID (like a second Trainer ID, but not displayed in-game) in conjunction with the IVs.

Despite only having three possible Pokemon to begin the execution of it, is the MST (Mean Scarf Taunt) combo viable at all in the metagame?

Mean Scarf Taunt is where you begin by using Mean Look, Baton Passing to a Trick-Scarf that knows Taunt, and attempt to lock them into a status move before using Taunt to completely lock out their options, forcing a Struggle. You then proceed to defeat the Pokemon with any attacks the TrickScarf has, hopefully taking out a core Pokemon of the team.

Despite only having three possible Pokemon to begin the execution of it, is the MST (Mean Scarf Taunt) combo viable at all in the metagame?

Mean Scarf Taunt is where you begin by using Mean Look, Baton Passing to a Trick-Scarf that knows Taunt, and attempt to lock them into a status move before using Taunt to completely lock out their options, forcing a Struggle. You then proceed to defeat the Pokemon with any attacks the TrickScarf has, hopefully taking out a core Pokemon of the team.
Nah, I wouldn't use this strategy competitive at all. You are limiting yourself way too much just to take a chance of having this strategy work. While you're only going to beat one Pokemon as a reward? The probability of winning a game is lessened.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just condense that all into just Tricking the Scarf on something that doesn't like it. There's no point in going through all that effort as Arin said.

Some advice: creativity IS a big part of competitive Pokémon, but simplicity is as well. I drive from my house to Georgia Tech on the interstate. Sure, it's not a very creative route, like driving on backroads to the beach and then back to Atlanta would be. But that wastes time and resources and requires a million times more effort to get to the exact same place I would have ended up anyways.

Coming up with something new and different is great if there's not already an easier way to do the exact same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)