Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking of making a Ice and Fighting Pokemon Team. I am thinking of it being my Gym Leader Team of sorts. Purely experimental.

Also, one rule here. Two Pokemon from each of the three main tiers must attend.

You can breed Salamence for Dragon Dance with both Gyarados and Dragonite. I think you can do this with Kingdra and Altaria,too.
Anything that can breed with the Salamence line and can learn Dragon Dance will work. Salamence is in the Dragon egg group, http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dragon_(egg_group)
Kingdra, Gyarados, Dragonite, and Altaria are the ones that learn Dragon Dance by level up. Charizard can get it by breeding, and pass it on to Salamence, if you happen to have a DD Charizard around.

Spent some time trying to make WishBissey by breeding a Togetic with Wish onto it. Failed, and now I can't get Wish on my Blissey.

What are some good Alternative sets for Blissey that pairs up with WishBliss? I didn't like a lot of the ones on her page.

Alright, trying to figure something out.

If someone uses an AR to create a Pokemon and then uses it in a battle in D/P/Plat, even if it looks like a normal EVd Pokemon with good IVs or whatever, would it be caught as a hack?

I want to get some Pokemon made for my Diamond team, but if I enter any actual tournaments irl, I don't want to be disqualified.

Spent some time trying to make WishBissey by breeding a Togetic with Wish onto it. Failed, and now I can't get Wish on my Blissey.

What are some good Alternative sets for Blissey that pairs up with WishBliss? I didn't like a lot of the ones on her page.
Err, how does this look for an alternative?

Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Healing Wish
Flamethrower

Then would it sound decent? I have to breed Roserade with her to get Aromatherapy right?
It does sound decent with that addition; it walls with Softboiled, stalls with Toxic, and supports with Aromatherapy.

Here is the list of moves Blissey learns by breeding, and who to breed her with.

is there only one leftovers inplatinum?
Only one that you can find in a certain location, yes. However, if you have a Pokémon with Pickup above level 81, occasionally they'll find one.

Alright, trying to figure something out.

If someone uses an AR to create a Pokemon and then uses it in a battle in D/P/Plat, even if it looks like a normal EVd Pokemon with good IVs or whatever, would it be caught as a hack?

I want to get some Pokemon made for my Diamond team, but if I enter any actual tournaments irl, I don't want to be disqualified.

Thunder Wave is a viable alternative to Toxic.

You can breed a Roselia, which learns Aromatherapy at level 43.
Cool.

If anybody ever made a Blissey special Tank just for shits would it ever work? I mean with Serene Grace and Thunderbot/Ice Beam/Flamethrower you could be pushing a lot of buttons.

How come when people do damage calculations they say like 45%-66%? I thought this whole time that it was the difference bettween attack/defence and spatk/spdef would be subtracted from hp. o.O

How come when people do damage calculations they say like 45%-66%? I thought this whole time that it was the difference bettween attack/defence and spatk/spdef would be subtracted from hp. o.O
The game uses an elaborate formula to calculate damage and subtracts the value from the Pokemon's HP. The percentages just tell you how much of the Pokemon's HP is lost. If you had 300 HP and someone tells you a move could do around 50%, they really mean the Pokemon loses 150 HP.

Where can I find the chart that X-Act did a while ago that had the best overall type while bringing into account the metagame's overall physical and special bulk?

The formula is a lot more complicated than that.

Notably, there is a random element; minimum damage is 85% of maximum damage.

People tend to use percentages because that way you don't need to be told the defender's HP. Saying Choice Band Scizor's Bullet Punch does 195-229 damage to minimum defense Salamence isn't very useful if you don't know what Salamence's HP is. Saying it does 58.9% - 69.2% instantly tells you that it cannot OHKO after Salamence has taken SR damage.
However, the basic relation is that damage is proportional to the attacking stat DIVIDED by the defending stat.

You posted the same question three times in an hour. Chill out a little, and someone will come along who can help.

Do Lunar Dance and Healing Wish come before a Pokemon is damaged by entry hazards or after? (If Lunar Dance is used, and the switch-in is in damage range for entry hazards to KO, does the HP get restored first, or was the attack wasted?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)