Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@freaktron: I suppose it could be either, but that is generally considered irrelevant now that there are Platinum move tutors for many of the more useful Emerald/FRLG tutors (a simple one being that a Quick Feet Ursaring with an Elemental Punch was very uncommon before Platinum tutors)

@Xia: Deoxys-S (or Deoxys-E). Deoxys-A (Deoxys-F) is second, I believe. Easy way to find is to click the arrows to the right of "Spe" twice on this page: http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/spikes

That would work for any move, really.

So I have been making my first team lately.

What are the common names for types of roles on your team?
Like Tank and stuff like that?
I am raising a pokemon but I don't know what it will do for my team except hit very hard witha special attack Solarbeam.

So I have been making my first team lately.

What are the common names for types of roles on your team?
Like Tank and stuff like that?
I am raising a pokemon but I don't know what it will do for my team except hit very hard witha special attack Solarbeam.
EDIT: Random Pizzaman was totally faster than me, that's the last time I get a glass of scotch mid-post.

For any vocabulary pertaining to pokemon teams, I always start here:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/pokemon_dictionary

For more introduction on the team building, begin at the beginning!

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/intro_comp_pokemon

Tons of good info in those two, especially the intro.

Now my question, what does it take to break into the trade threads to get some desired pokemon, like say a shiny Milotic or something like that [I've been fishing in Pearl for months :( ]? Do I just need to start RNG-breeding everything I can get my hands on until I get say a shiny Eevee female that's a good nature so she can be pimped out?

Question two: how do you guys get more TMs of something that only exists once in the game and can't be purchased, like say Hail (I think it's only on 217, and can't be bought with BP, but it's just an example)?

Actually, you can also receive Jirachi from Pokémon Channel..

and more importantly, there is currently a wifi event that allows all players of Japanese Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, to receive a copy of a Jirachi that knows Draco Meteor. :>

Actually, you can also receive Jirachi from Pokémon Channel..

and more importantly, there is currently a wifi event that allows all players of Japanese Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, to receive a copy of a Jirachi that knows Draco Meteor. :>
Does Pokemon Channel really count?

And I forgot about the event, can't wait for that to come to the states.

EDIT: If that event is going on right now, how come Shoddy hasn't been updated to include Draco Meteor on Jirachi's moveset?

Is there any advantage to teaching a Pokemon an egg move via breeding instead of using the Move Tutor/TM to learn it?

(Eg. Outrage, which Garchomp can learn as an egg move, or via the move tutor).

Edit: Thanks, swinub.

Is there any advantage to teaching a Pokemon an egg move via breeding instead of using the Move Tutor/TM to learn it?

(Eg. Outrage, which Garchomp can learn as an egg move, or via the move tutor).
None whatsoever, other than the amount of time for breeding, and the heartscale for tutoring.

I am planning on making my first team UU.
After I play a couple games will I most likely see patterns in the game and how people play?

Does Pokemon Channel really count?

And I forgot about the event, can't wait for that to come to the states.

EDIT: If that event is going on right now, how come Shoddy hasn't been updated to include Draco Meteor on Jirachi's moveset?

Yes, Pokémon Channel does count. That is where I get my Jirachi(pl.) normally, so I don't believe you can really dismiss a game that gives you a constant supply of a rare Pokémon ? no.

Draco Meteor really isn't that useful on Jirachi, anyway; I imagine they are busy with Shoddy 2?

^what NikLink said.

Yes, Pokémon Channel does count. That is where I get my Jirachi(pl.) normally, so I don't believe you can really dismiss a game that gives you a constant supply of a rare Pokémon ? no.

Draco Meteor really isn't that useful on Jirachi, anyway; I imagine they are busy with Shoddy 2?

^what NikLink said.
The Pokemon Channel thing was sarcasm.

Draco Meteor would be wonderful on Jirachi.

Hits a lot more pokemon for neutral.

Any pokemon that would take SE dmg from Ice Punch takes 140 instead of 150 (big difference)

Hits Mence, Flygon, and Dragonite for about the same damage as Ice Punch, while hitting Kingdra and just about everything else harder. I don't see how it wouldn't be useful on Jirachi. IMO, Draco Meteor is strictly better on than Ice Punch on Jirachi.

NoloContendere: Not sure what to say about the first question. As you can probably deduce, the standard here is very high. All I can say is that sometimes you will get lucky with giveaways or perhaps find a generous user.

As for the second question, some people clone their pokémon holding the item, but people here typically use a cheating device to create multiple items. Otherwise, trading is your best bet.

Dragonight: The experience is subjective, so it really depends only on how quickly you catch onto the meta.

Who said I was comparing it to Ice Punch? ;o

I'm a bit tired now, but somewhere someone wrote quite a lengthy piece regarding why Draco Meteor is not a phenomenal addition to Jirachi's movepool.

Who said I was comparing it to Ice Punch? ;o

I'm a bit tired now, but somewhere someone wrote quite a lengthy piece regarding why Draco Meteor is not a phenomenal addition to Jirachi's movepool.
Well, Ice Punch is the most obvious comparison, as most likely it would share the same role as Ice Punch.

And I thought of a decent reason to keep Ice Punch, the 20% freeze-rate due to Serene Grace.

And I will try to search for the thread, seems interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)