Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 18 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Platinum, I faced the 5 maids at the Pokemon Mansion, they set me a target of 8 and I only use 5 turns but they then basically told me I failed and I didnt get my "prize". Whats with this? Are you not meant to win?

You're meant to K.O. all of the maids in exactly (EXACTLY) 8 turns. Don't worry, her wording threw me off too!

Hi there,

I am trying to find a good Pokemon team for after 'finishing' the game, a group to EV train and make the best they can be. Unfortunately, I am pretty picky about which I like!

Looking at the OU and Uber... most of them are pretty ugly, minus a few that I cant get (Celebi! =P).

I do like Togekiss, and to give you an idea of some others I'm fond of: Milotic is probably my favorite, I used Gardevoir all game and love her still, although she seems kind of weak.

So, what pokemon would you recommend I take a look at for my team? =D

In Platinum, I faced the 5 maids at the Pokemon Mansion, they set me a target of 8 and I only use 5 turns but they then basically told me I failed and I didnt get my "prize". Whats with this? Are you not meant to win?
You have to do it in exactly the number of turns they specify. Sometimes, they like to throw you off by using Endure and such. XD Once you're successful, you get to fight a Rich Boy with a Blissey which you can use Thief on to steal a Rare Candy from. I believe the 5th maid also has a Clefairy with a Rare Candy, although I could be mistaken.

Hi there,

I am trying to find a good Pokemon team for after 'finishing' the game, a group to EV train and make the best they can be. Unfortunately, I am pretty picky about which I like!

Looking at the OU and Uber... most of them are pretty ugly, minus a few that I cant get (Celebi! =P).

I do like Togekiss, and to give you an idea of some others I'm fond of: Milotic is probably my favorite, I used Gardevoir all game and love her still, although she seems kind of weak.

So, what pokemon would you recommend I take a look at for my team? =D
Unfortunately (or maybe not so), that is a question only you can answer! You even state so yourself that your palate is difficult to satisfy. One must realize, though, that if you'd like to succeed in competitive battling, you will have to accept that your favorites are not going to pull you to the top of the ladder!

It's as they say: beggars can't be choosers. (In this case however, the beggars are those who want to win. :P)

Before you start training your team in-game, I'd recommend battling other players online via the ShoddyBattle simulator if you haven't done so already. From there you can test out multiple teams with a diversity of Pokemon almost instantaneously! Testing a potential team here first is the best course of action before attempting in-game preparations.

Judging from your preferences, you might be interested in playing in the UU metagame, where Milotic shines best. (That's not to say you can't use Milotic or Gardevoir in OU, but they are considered under-used for a reason!...)

@ Monkeymeet

Electric/Ice hits everything except Magnezone, Lanturn and Shedinja neutral

Rock/Ground hits everything except Bronzong, Claydol, Flygon and Breloom neutral

Dark/Fighting hits everything except Toxicroak and Heracross neutral

Ice/Ground hits everything except Bronzong, Shedinja and Surskit neutral

Only steels resist dragon, so any type neutral to steel and dragon will have few resists

This is mostly repeating what others have said, just thought I'd chime in.

Is there a way to find my SID without hacks? Preferably Emerald but if there's a way for DPPt, being pointed in that direction would help also.

At level 50, will a Moltres U-turn ohko a level 50 smeargle with defense investment and moltres has an attack hindering nature?

I was wondering;

Azumarill cannot get encore+aqua jet yes? I just battled someone who had the set.

Considering aqua jet is not compatible with azurill, who is only able to get encore, and marill cannot get encore without the evolution of azurill who would be without aqua jet regardless.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I was wondering;

Azumarill cannot get encore+aqua jet yes? I just battled someone who had the set.

Considering aqua jet is not compatible with azurill, who is only able to get encore, and marill cannot get encore without the evolution of azurill who would be without aqua jet regardless.
Directly from the analysis:

It should be noted that Encore is illegal with both Belly Drum and Aqua Jet.

can someone help me by telling me a good EV set thingy for my togekiss? it has these IV's 31/30/31/31/25/31 (Nasty Plot) and it is modest. It also has t-wave and air slash so i was hoping to make it a flinch togekiss but smogon stretegy says it need to be calm =( any help?

Maybe use it as a Choice Scarf lead? Max Speed/Special Attack EV's, dump Nasty Plot, pack Fire Blast, Trick, and/or Aura Sphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)