Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
O darn. Flower Gift? This is Sunflora it's Solar Power. Well at least Blissey isnt in UU.
>_>..Sorry got mixed up between the two.. but with both abilities it does the same damage.. the only difference that Flower Gift boost Sp.D as well and Solar Power decreases HP *correct me if I'm wrong*.

For Bibarel's Simple ability is the opponent under this effect such as they use a stat raising move, is that stat modification doubled?

For Bibarel's Simple ability is the opponent under this effect such as they use a stat raising move, is that stat modification doubled?
Not sure, but it doesn't double it afaik. Through a YouTube video I watched, it increases the current increase by 2 levels.

Oh that's right it doubles the stat modification increase, for example if defense curl is used it raises Bibarel's defense by 3 stages and not just one right?

EDIT: Also anyone know where I can find Ancien Regime?

If im not running Psychic on my Bold Starmie does it really need the speed to outrun Adamant Heracross??

Oh that's right it doubles the stat modification increase, for example if defense curl is used it raises Bibarel's defense by 3 stages and not just one right?

EDIT: Also anyone know where I can find Ancien Regime?
no... it does not double the stat modification.. and 1*2 != 3
Simple just doubles the stat modification while it holds the ability, it does not double when you use things, i.e. Simple Pokemon using Defense Curl DOES NOT get +2, they only get +1 however because they have Simple it's considered +2 when the stat gets modified, therefore if you Baton Pass from a +1 Pokemon to a Simple Pokemon, that Pokemon recieves +1, but has +2 stats...

Yes it does because even with the speed it still just barely outspeeds Adamant Heracross by one point.

huh?

The point of my question is, is if im not going to OHKO Heracross anyways and therefore need to switch away from it, does it need speed?

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't even play in-game so this question is irrelevant to me, but I was just curious. Let's say you are trying to catch a Ditto and Ditto Transforms into the Pokemon you are using to capture it, is Ditto's Catch Rate change or does it remain the same?

I don't even play in-game so this question is irrelevant to me, but I was just curious. Let's say you are trying to catch a Ditto and Ditto Transforms into the Pokemon you are using to capture it, is Ditto's Catch Rate change or does it remain the same?
iirc almost everything about Ditto changes once it transforms... it takes on the catch rate and the EVs given of whatever it transforms into...

It changes to the catch rate of the pokemon it transforms into. It really makes it really easy to catch Dittos if you make them transform into Magikarps and you use a repeat ball.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Alex Kidd (Gallade) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 64 HP/252 Atk/192 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Hypnosis

is this a good set

Alex Kidd (Gallade) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 64 HP/252 Atk/192 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Hypnosis

is this a good set
Well, it looks alright to me, I guess. Only problem is the slow speed of gallade, but that's not really a problem that can be solved if you want to use gallade. I'm wondering what the 192 speed EV's are trying to outrun though...Is it enough to outrun certain base "x" speed pokemon, or designed to outrun a specific threat, like say, salamence.

Is Dark Void Banned in doubles battles, where the settings are uncontrolled?
Aka Not PBR where it has a Sleep Clause Setting, but like a normal DS battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)