Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still so confused. I really don't have much experience or knowledge with AR. Are there things that AR does to a Pokemon that will make it illegal or something? I keep seeing people saying in there trade threads that they won't take hatch code or iv fast check pokemon and stuff like that. Are these thing really affecting the pokemon, and if I enter these pokemon in official tournaments, will they be allowed? It's so mind bottling.

I'm still so confused. I really don't have much experience or knowledge with AR. Are there things that AR does to a Pokemon that will make it illegal or something? I keep seeing people saying in there trade threads that they won't take hatch code or iv fast check pokemon and stuff like that. Are these thing really affecting the pokemon, and if I enter these pokemon in official tournaments, will they be allowed? It's so mind bottling.
The people that say no IV check or fast hatch codes are just ANTI-AR. Technically Those codes do not alter the legitimacy of the pokemon but some people just hate AR that much. It depends on the tournament you join if they allow them or not. There is no way of telling if you used those codes or not unless you tell them.

Is there any in-game way of telling where a copy of Diamond or Pearl originated in the world? I need to know for the sake of compatibility with dongle games.

Some people do not hold themselves to double standards and wish to have purely un-"hacked"/cheated pokemon. It's not necessarily Anti-AR, and it makes a lot more sense than people that allow fast-hatch, but look down on hacked parents et al.

But to answer your question, no, fast hatch and IV checking are not detectable.

Also, what is the minimum SpAtk needed to OHKO all three OU dragons with HP Ice 67? Assuming Dragons have 31 in SpDef, and the attacker has 31 SpA.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lucario's weaknesses are Fire, Ground and Fighting. Ground and Fighting are usually physical. On the other hand he's 4x resistant to bug, dark, and rock and those usually physical except for Bug Buzz. Tough call but I say -Def just because Earthquake and Close Combat are so common and he usually won't live through those anyways.

Is there any in-game way of telling where a copy of Diamond or Pearl originated in the world? I need to know for the sake of compatibility with dongle games.
The only way I know to tell is by opening your save file with pokesav but you need an R4 for that. Alternatively, if you give a pokemon you caught/bred on that game to someone with an R4 they could check it for you.

JRT said:
Are you able to lay down toxic spikes and stealth rock?
yes.

I love how no one knows the answers to my questions, lol:) Anyway, what for the last time is jumpman's team?, and is there anyway to calculate EVs of a pokemon that you don't know the EVs for?

please could i know a balanced pokemon team becausei am new to diamond and i am curious i have all over pokemon games so i could transfer them but i need to know a team that is legal and balanced

I'm asking this although I doubt anyone will be able to answer this (correctly):

Does anyone know the Ivs of Xenaz's Dragon Dance Salamence?

Starter question

hey, i need help with a good starter for online competitive play. i've used ambipom in the past as a starter but i would like to know any other great starters. the starters i allready know are spiritomb, abomasnow,ambipom,gyarados, aerodactyl, gengar, salamence, garchomp,and infernape. are there any other great starters??

hey, i need help with a good starter for online competitive play. i've used ambipom in the past as a starter but i would like to know any other great starters. the starters i allready know are spiritomb, abomasnow,ambipom,gyarados, aerodactyl, gengar, salamence, garchomp,and infernape. are there any other great starters??
crobat is pretty good, with a very fast hypnosis, as well as taunt and roost.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why would Zapdos not work as a lead?

To the person above me, Gengar sucks as a lead. I'd never start with something that has the potential to be OHKOed by Weavile no matter what I do.

crobat is pretty good, with a very fast hypnosis, as well as taunt and roost.
true but the accuracy of hynosis is a letdown for crobat. taunt will do great due to the amount of stat passing baton passers as starters. i'll check it out thanks. any more help will be gladly accepted

EDIT: thanks i'll aslo try a azelf. i've also tried zapdos before but somehow got KOed by a gyarados in one hit with stone edge. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)