Level: 50
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 4 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpA / 92 SpD / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Thunder Wave
- Strength Sap
- Destiny Bond

Back again, I imagine for DNite as half of them won't hit(I don't either, if tera normal, so considering Icy Wind.) EVs for Gholdengo and Flutter can mostly get them. Dark tera for Pranksters and the ghost+dark resists. Def to take Meowscarada's Knock Off. T-Wave has been really good, I find both sides can easily get lucky w/ it, despite it technically proccing less than fissure hits. For now Destiny Bond is good at forcing a trade, I'm just not sure I can give up having any coverage on normals.

:Florges:
Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis

Very good into the new Ursaluna. I love the ability w/ tera, it finally does something in singles. Also generally good for Chi-yu. EVs maximize damage and bulk, w/ Calm just cause the base SpD is very high. Lefties are finally free again w/o Dondozo, so they are ofc the best item here w/ recovery and all. Probably usual moves if this mon were usual, only issue is coverage, but iirc that can't be solved.

:Wyrdeer:
Wyrdeer @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sap Sipper
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Psyshield Bash
- Earthquake
- Trick
- Body Slam

Kinda brought on as a regular(so regularly used, the flame mask,) Ogerpon answer. Outspeeds and boosts def on it w/ Psyshield, if we are both tera I resist their fire and absorb their grass. EQ is for steels, as this won't hit them otherwise. TrickScarf is a huge deal, even if I would rather keep y scarf vs Oger. Body Slam is stronger STAB than Psyshield Bash, and has an extremely useful para chance, as opposed to DE's recoil. I might use T-Wave. I bring this a lot cause it's often gret in theory, but it's just a bit frail w/o much investment, and sorta slow still.

:Weezing-Galar:
Weezing-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 124 SpA / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Strange Steam
- Acid Spray
- Overheat
- Gyro Ball

Idk where I got the idea for this mon, but I like AV on it a lot to stand up to most weather starters, who are among the nullified if I'm already in when they're sent out. One reason at least that this is here that I just remembered is Acid Spray on Dondozo. Great move besides. Strange STream is pretty strong and has a medium confusion chance, Overheat and fire tera are mainly for Ghold. Gyro Ball and min Spe gets Flutter and Ninetails-a. Overall fun, I'll hold off on really good or not, but it seems functional.

:Forretress:
Forretress @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile
- Earthquake

Possibly back for Espathra. Also can hurt a bunch. Including times when I tera, this has a somewhat positive match up vs all the moth like Pokes, DNite, Ting-Lu, Pao, and Wo-Chien for a few. Ofc much of that can go out the window w/ THEIR teras, but such is the new gen. EVs are all about ATk and bulk, w/ an odd HP and the extra in SpD and Spe for w/e. Spe is more noteworthy for not tying 4 Spe Arboliva. Sturdy gives this a shot vs. Chi-yu and other fire. Overall seems ok, I'm just not sure because Bax might need dice.

:Baxcalibur:
Baxcalibur @ Expert Belt
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 132 HP / 184 Atk / 124 Def / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Glaive Rush
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Here for Gliscor, and that's mainly why the tera, though it resists fairy and fighting too. Regular moves, though I'm actually trying out Breaking Swipe, just put Glaive Rush to look nicer. I really think dropping their Atk can be better than the extra damage sometimes. Expert Belt cause dice are taken. EVs aren't enough Spe, but otherwise help take Pawmot's CC, a mon I feel weak to. This mon also takes terad Doubleshock(say if I'm terad to make it stronger than their CC) into Mach Punch. The rest is in Atk. This seems ok.

Still losing bad, idk. LOTS of it is misplays, be they from what I bring or not. So the hope is the mons are sorta ok, and I'm the problem lol.

Ty both that's very nice of you DerpySuX. It may be important to note bax now out speeds oger at +1, and holds dice now. Idk if that means it should also run scale shot over whichever dragon STAB I would use otherwise.

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I feel that drifblim’s role can be done better by other mons. Cresselia walls most Dragonite with Tera Steel, and is able to actually become a somewhat of a threat. This drifblim is thwarted by many meta relevant threats like Ogerpon-H, Ursaluna-BM, and Gholdengo to name a few. It really just feels like a vanity piece, which I’m not a fan of.

With florges I again feel you can use tera steel Cresselia to cover the role you want it to fill, this would open up another team slot by compressing Drifblim and Florges into one poke. Cresselia can often bypass the coverage woes you talk about with stored power becoming so strong that even resists can’t take it, meaning all you need is coverage for dark types (i.e. Moonblast).

I’m gonna be totally honest I don’t know why Wyrdeer is even here. It’s not good at all. If you want a scarfer that can check Ogerpon, just use Urshifu. Tera strikes ohkos most offensive variants and you can pivot around with U-turn to chip it into range. Sap Sipper doesn’t even make a difference because of Mold Breaker, and nothing on your team is coming even close to forcing Ogerpon to tera off of it. Just looks like a waste of a team slot.

I just don’t really get what the Weezing is for either, weather outside of Snow isn’t really an issue for well built teams, and Baxcalibur will just earthquake and be done with you there anyway. If you’re worried about veil teams, Chien-Pao with psychic fangs provides a much more versatile threat that can even dissuade the opponent from bringing snow since it can abuse it as well.

Drop forre, give Bax the loaded dice, you mentioned using Rotom instead and yeah do that, bulky wisp or something or even just throw a Dragonite or something on here. This pick makes the least sense to me

Swap Glaive for Scale Shot, if you want go SD over DD, tera steel blocks toxic while resisting espeed from Dnite and other scale shot users.

In my honest opinion the only reason a team in regulation e would ever struggle with pawmot is because it’s very, very poorly constructed. If I’m perfectly honest I would just scrap this and start over. It doesn’t mesh with the metagame at all and nearly every role you have here can just be done better by a more relevant mon.

If you want to use less common mons, I can’t stress this enough, FIND A UNIQUE PLACE FOR THEM.
I really, really think you should just take some time to use and get accustomed to some standard teams and actually learn the meta. You can’t innovate on something if you don’t even bother to learn about it to begin with.

I feel that drifblim’s role can be done better by other mons. Cresselia walls most Dragonite with Tera Steel, and is able to actually become a somewhat of a threat. This drifblim is thwarted by many meta relevant threats like Ogerpon-H, Ursaluna-BM, and Gholdengo to name a few. It really just feels like a vanity piece, which I’m not a fan of.

With florges I again feel you can use tera steel Cresselia to cover the role you want it to fill, this would open up another team slot by compressing Drifblim and Florges into one poke. Cresselia can often bypass the coverage woes you talk about with stored power becoming so strong that even resists can’t take it, meaning all you need is coverage for dark types (i.e. Moonblast).

I’m gonna be totally honest I don’t know why Wyrdeer is even here. It’s not good at all. If you want a scarfer that can check Ogerpon, just use Urshifu. Tera strikes ohkos most offensive variants and you can pivot around with U-turn to chip it into range. Sap Sipper doesn’t even make a difference because of Mold Breaker, and nothing on your team is coming even close to forcing Ogerpon to tera off of it. Just looks like a waste of a team slot.

I just don’t really get what the Weezing is for either, weather outside of Snow isn’t really an issue for well built teams, and Baxcalibur will just earthquake and be done with you there anyway. If you’re worried about veil teams, Chien-Pao with psychic fangs provides a much more versatile threat that can even dissuade the opponent from bringing snow since it can abuse it as well.

Drop forre, give Bax the loaded dice, you mentioned using Rotom instead and yeah do that, bulky wisp or something or even just throw a Dragonite or something on here. This pick makes the least sense to me

Swap Glaive for Scale Shot, if you want go SD over DD, tera steel blocks toxic while resisting espeed from Dnite and other scale shot users.

In my honest opinion the only reason a team in regulation e would ever struggle with pawmot is because it’s very, very poorly constructed. If I’m perfectly honest I would just scrap this and start over. It doesn’t mesh with the metagame at all and nearly every role you have here can just be done better by a more relevant mon.

If you want to use less common mons, I can’t stress this enough, FIND A UNIQUE PLACE FOR THEM.
I really, really think you should just take some time to use and get accustomed to some standard teams and actually learn the meta. You can’t innovate on something if you don’t even bother to learn about it to begin with.
ok it's out. I'll try Cresselia, maybe that somehow gets past flutter too, but not ghold(idk that I'm bad w/ ghold.)

hm ok. Florges has been among the better mons recently, but even so I think Covert Cloak on this cress you suggest could give enough of Florges' benefit to allow me to replace her.

Ok Wyrdeer hm. I love that def boosting STAB butok if you think Urshifu helps more I have one I can eventually change to water tera. will try.

I am currently obsessed w/ Weezing g, nvm why cause idk. Really want to explore the cool ability, if I do all the rest and still lose cause Weezing, will replace that too. Also I'm allergic to DNIte, though really that's clear here :p

o hm. I see what you mean, but I KNOW I will lose using bog standard full stop. Because 9/10 times that's them too, and I'm not confident w/o some oddball mon that they can't reasonably guess what it'll do. And hax is really nice, I get lucky and very unlucky w/ it depending on who's parad, so best if I have some.

Also, poison is cool on Cress right? Just cause it's what I have.

DerpySuX

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Firstly no, tera steel is used specifically for the normal resist that helps check bloodmoon.

I’m going to be incredibly blunt here, because I said almost the exact same thing the last time I rated one of your teams and it appears that you have completely ignored all of my input.

Your teams are bad, simply put, and myself and others try to help you, yet it seems to do nothing.
Also I'm allergic to DNIte, though really that's clear here :p
This, here, is INCREDIBLY disrespectful to me. You post your team in a forum for team advice, bump the threads you post and when someone actually looks over the team, and gives you advice on how to improve it, you essentially say “No I don’t feel like it.”

You aren’t going to magically win by finding some kind of anti meta strategy because it’s abundantly clear that you don’t actually know the meta. I know this seems incredibly harsh, and yeah it probably is, but I’m not going to continue to rate your teams if you just blow off my advice every time.

Firstly no, tera steel is used specifically for the normal resist that helps check bloodmoon.

I’m going to be incredibly blunt here, because I said almost the exact same thing the last time I rated one of your teams and it appears that you have completely ignored all of my input.

Your teams are bad, simply put, and myself and others try to help you, yet it seems to do nothing.

This, here, is INCREDIBLY disrespectful to me. You post your team in a forum for team advice, bump the threads you post and when someone actually looks over the team, and gives you advice on how to improve it, you essentially say “No I don’t feel like it.”

You aren’t going to magically win by finding some kind of anti meta strategy because it’s abundantly clear that you don’t actually know the meta. I know this seems incredibly harsh, and yeah it probably is, but I’m not going to continue to rate your teams if you just blow off my advice every time.
Ok. I can try DNite too if you think that's the best way. I mean it's pretty much proven to be.

You're right, I won't find something great no one's thought of. There probably isn't even anything there, the meta is so stale. Like all of them. So the best thing to do I guess would be to BE meta, as creativity is punished more or less. I'll try that. I keep thinking I'll not care to win with standard stuff, but that likely isn't true given how fed up I am at losing often when I do like two different things all day >.<

Um, I'll try to get more steel shards. I agree with cress being steel for sure, even though technically the strat dex goes into poison/elec/fairy. Does Bax need it too, 100%? I'd like it I guess, but 100 shards still takes a while.

I'll put the holy Grail(DNite) over Weezing. That relegates me to bog standard, so I should expect results in theory. If I stop misplaying.

I have now that/ cress/ bax/ rotom w/ ogerpon-h/ urshifu re. I'll likely overlap 3 or 4 mons with plenty of people, and have no idea what to bring, but I'll try it cause you advise it um and sry. I maintain a steady level of passive irritation, not cause life is stressful, but because it is boring and I go nowhere much on the things I do for 'fun.'

DerpySuX

The dex for Cresselia is outdated, I wrote it for regulation D, with the introduction of Bloodmoon I personally think steel is almost mandatory on it.

Baxcalibur can technically run other teras, ghost is an option if you’re not super worried about sucker punch, I think either that or steel are needed on most scale shot mons since priority will be your main issue, and dragonite’s extreme speed is the most common priority in the game hands down.

Thank you for actually listening to my points in that post. I understand it was harsh, and sometimes using dumb stuff is fun, but if you want to consistently win, the standards are standard for a reason.

I also struggled with plateauing toward the end of Gen 8 and I felt like despite my efforts I wasn’t going anywhere so I definitely understand what you’re saying. I think for your situation if you take some time to learn the standards and get familiar with the metagame, you’ll be able to make progress much faster than you think, and eventually you’ll get to a point where if you’re inclined to you’ll be able to mess around with more niche options and find places where they can genuinely shine

We'll see ty. Ok, should have ghost shards, I still have some types saved up. Is Bax ok w/ DNite? It's standard in irtself to be sure, but DNite wins the standard competition easy so it can go if they overlap too much. Please let me know, cause it'd save shards and a TM lol.

And ty for not minding my rant. Pokemon could well be a small part of your life, and you excel at it. I'm much the opposite so eek.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)