Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO UU

Status
Not open for further replies.
assigned to Sage

Username: BackAtYouBro
PO/PS! Username: Greninja+Grimsley
Your timezone: GMT -4 (Eastern Standard Time)
Usual Hours of Availability: 3P.M.-5P.M. on weekdays. I am usually available on weekends depending on what I’m busy with (I do some community theatre. Acting always comes first.)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): So hi! I first started playing competitive back before drought was was banned in UU. From there, I played a bunch of different meta games OU, NU, PU, and LC (rip RU). I’m now dedicated to just playing OU and UU. I am mostly being a positive person in the Lobby chat but I’ll sometimes speak in OU and UU. My main issues at battling is 1. I’m pretty bad at teambuilding. I usually slap a bunch of things together and then I see what gives this team problems in battle and make adjustments. This is an unhealthy playstyle since I have to go through the trouble of battling real players. 2. I overpredict way too much. I make many assumptions that can end up costing the game because I think my opponent will drag something in to stop me and then I predict wrong and lose a mon. I’m hoping that a tutor can assist me in learning UU and especially OU.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I’ll download Discord right away.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I do

Last edited by a moderator:

daunt vs

Of Course You Won't
is a Tiering Contributor
assigned to Indigo Plateau

Username: Zekrom Fan
PO/PS! Username: Daunt VS
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: 3 pm - 12 am (i can be flexible isn't a problem) I can't weekends and I wouldn't be able since 6 of August
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing in summer of 2016 since then I have played but with some stops. I have played some ssnl uber tier and I was tutored past summer in sm uber tier. I want to be able to main Uber and uu and that's why I want to be tutored in UU
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord but I can't do calls
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
y

assigned to Accelgor

Username: MysticlaHaze
PO/PS! Username: MysticalHaze
Your timezone: EST to be KST on the 16th
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually during afternoon (est) dont know how my schedule will be on my vacation (its a relaxation vacation) Ill update when I arrive there.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I just recently started playing due to me falling into mons. Play a lot of OU and some RU and Ubers here and there and also some UU which was always fun and diverse. I want to get better at UU and become better.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord but no vc unfortunately.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Username: eden's embrace
PO/PS! Username: eden's embrace
Your timezone: GMT+5:30
Usual Hours of Availability: usually my evenings
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): find uu p cool, was looking to pick it up
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

assigned to Accelgor

assigned to Sage

Username:vexyyyy
PO/PS! Username:vexyyy
Your timezone:Central
Usual Hours of Availability:20
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I used to play competitive mons 3 years ago and I got okay nothing great and did some forum tourneys but quit and since then i lost a lot of my skill and want help on building teams and learning the new meta as i've been gone awhile. On ladder my peak was around 1600 and i've won one smogon tourney and built like one team so I know the basics but would love to become a top UU player!
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes i have both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username:šugoi Nexus
PO/PS! Username:Nexus2011x
Your timezone: gmt+1
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I play comp. pokemon since early oras mostly OU and I want to get into the UU tier. I think that Ive a good understanding of game mechanics but still struggle with constitant play and teambuilding. My Peak on the Ou ladder was just around 1500-1600.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
yes

assigned to Accelgor

Username: iry
PO/PS! Username: tralalalalaala
Your timezone: i travel an absurd amount so this varies wildly
Usual Hours of Availability: again, i travel a lot but pretty flexible on weekends. i can do some weekdays too depending on work schedule.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i know how the game works. primarily an ubers player, looking to get into uu cuz the tier looks really cool.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes, discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes.

Sage had agreed to tutor me a while back but i'm not sure if he's still up for it

assigned to Accelgor

Username: swansong420
PO/PS! Username: swansong420
Your timezone: Mountain (GMT -6)
Usual Hours of Availability: afternoons are good for me! any day but monday and friday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played bits and pieces since ORAS, never got very far though. I've played fairly casually in a couple different tiers in SM/USUM and I figure it'll be better for me to stick with one tier, learn the metagame, etc. and UU seems like fun to me as a few of my favorite mons are here. I think teambuilding is probably one of the things I'd most like to learn more about.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I prefer Discord, but Skype would be no problem.

Username: sinkyr
PO/PS! Username: Sinkyr29
Timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: Almost every day, especially saturdays and sundays, from 10am to 1am.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive pokemon: I started playing competitive last summer and i have improoved since then thanks to the help of good friends. I have played tours in a small spanish community called PA, i have played unnoficial tours of smogon and OST and lsst tour i have played is Ruleta of Pokespain and im looking forward to improove.
Are you able to use either Skype or Discord: Yh, discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works: Ye

Assigned to Amane Misa

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Username: Nat
PS! Username: Nat
Timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: mornings, nearly daily
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive pokemon: I've had some success in mons this year and have felt at least competent in most metas, though constantly struggle in current gen UU. I started out playing UU 2 years ago though moved away from it rather quickly, and think it would be fun to try and actually learn more about the meta that stumps me the most.
Are you able to use either Skype or Discord: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works: yes

assigned to Amane Misa

assigned to Indigo Plateau

Username: InvejaMata
PS! Username: InvejaMata
Timezone: GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability: at night 7-11 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive pokemon: I started to play competitively like 2 years ago, but, i was doing something like playing, start get some knowledgment and i stop, this time i really wish to take it serious, and i hope someone can help me to fly higher in UU
Are you able to use either Skype or Discord: yes, Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works: yes

username: 'sei.
ps username: sei la vie
timezone: est / gmt -4
availability: anything past 4 30 PM
PERSONALLY REQUESTING ACCELGOR
about me: been playing for a little while, always thought the idea of getting a tutor was played until i came back from hiatus recently. im willing to do what it takes to learn from tour replays, ladder matches, scrims, people i respect on ps about builds and compositions in general (PSA: that's not an invitation to be weird and PM me thinking u know your shit, because chances are, you don't).

Doing this strictly for building, if any of the other tutors want to hmu and discuss composing builds or any of that stuff I'm down, but builds only.

big s/o to Accelgor for giving me the time of day, you won't regret it.

assigned to Accelgor

assigned to Sage

Username: Guilhew4k
Time zone: gmt-5
Usual hours of avaibility: weekend, and sometimes in Monday’s and Wednesday
My experience in pokemon: well, I think I’m a decent player, im a main player of usum ou and I played some stours, and some other less relevant Tournaments or other forums of pokemon like pokespain, i think I’m a decent player, but I want to be better :)
Im able to use discord and I understand how the blacklist works
Srry 4 my english, isn’t my native language

Username: EndlessAge
PO/PS! Username: Endless
Your timezone: gmt-5
Usual Hours of Availability: Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays, Saturday nights after 7 and Sundays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played a bit, but basically a total beginner. Played some DPP meta, but haven't found much success here.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes, discord.

assigned to itsjustdrew

Mikaav

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Username: Mikaav
PO/PS! Username: Mikaav
Your timezone: gmt+5.5
Usual Hours of Availability: nights on weekdays, weekend anytime
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play mostly LC this gen. UU seems cool meta would like to learn.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: y
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

assigned to Moutemoute

Username: PHILISTEEN
PO/PS! Username: wall of separation
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual hours of availability: weekends and 7-9 most weeknights
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Messed around in some tours like POCL, spanish snake, and FPL, played ORAS during those tours.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: can use discord.

Username: JayTheAye
PS Username: JaytheAye
Timezone: EST
Usual hours of availability: Usuaully everyday around 5:30 EST, unless i'm going somewhere.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing pokemon for 3 years, started showdown a year ago. I'm an average learner but will listen to advice.
Are you able to use Discord or Skype: Discord.
Do you understand how blacklist works?: No.

assigned to itsjustdrew

Username: toinha
PS Username: toinha/ Hero Signal
Timezone: GMT -3
Usual Hours: Recently, everyday all day long (until i got prepared to do something) [ Or when my family call me to do other things ]
Tell us about your experience in competitive pokemon: i've never played UU hardly in my life, i just laddered in some alts and reached top 300 or something like this, and played some Brazilian tours. Reacher Round 2 in UU Open at smogon, but nothing too serious as i said. But i would like to know about teambuilding and things like that.
Are you able do use discord or skype: Yes, Hero Signal#6392
Do you understand how blacklist works: Yes.

assigned to Accelgor

Username: Mitsuki
PO/PS! Username: Mitsuki
Your timezone: - 2
Usual Hours of Availability: Pretty much any time from my 11am to 8pm due to vacations
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have joined ps mid 2014 but have never really gotten into competitive. Lately I've been interested in SM UU and I think I can play decently enough sometimes but I feel like I can improve a lot. I have qualified for the last two suspects if that's worth mentioning.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

assigned to vivalospride

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
assigned to itsjustdrew

Username: Scizorphobic
PO/PS! Username: Scizorphobic
Your timezone: - 4 (EST)
Usual Hours of Availability: Pretty much any time after 5pm my time weekdays and after 3 weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been pretty active as of late and would like the improve team building. SM UU is the tier I’ve played the most so I’d like to get better. I have some bad habits in regards to relying to on the same stuff when making teams and would like to improve at different builds.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

assigned to itsjustdrew

Username: Zodiacs

PO/PS! Username: Zodiac Sign

Your timezone: PST

Usual Hours of Availability: 11AM - 11:59PM

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitvely before making a showdown account for a few years but i've always been trash. I excel at making brazy plays and trying to mindgame all the time. I have no idea how to play any other way, so i'm hoping one of you lovely tutors can help set me straight. I like UU cause Mega Shark exists, as well as other really cool mons that get smashed by ou mons.

Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes

Do you understand how the blacklist works?: no issues

Username: SacredLatias
PO/PS! Username: SacredLatias
Your timezone: UTC -5:00 EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 4 PM to 12 PM, Weekends 12 AM to 12 PM.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started laddering a couple years ago under a different name, but started getting into UU about a couple months ago. I've mostly kept pokemon as a casual thing, but would like to start competing soon. My knowledge of the meta is mostly confined to gen 7, but I am willing to learn more metas if given time.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Available on Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Loud and clear.

assigned to itsjustdrew

Username: BoopToOblivion
PO/PS! Username: BaneOfAll
Your timezone: GMT +0 (UK time)
Usual Hours of Availability: 5-7PM Weekends almost always work. Apart from that, I can’t be reliably on any other time.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Hi. I’ve loved Pokemon for ages, found out about showdown about 1 1/2 years ago. Since then, I’ve mainly played OMs, being pretty average at all of them. I’ve been looking for a tier to get into (as in to master) for quite a while, and intending to get into UU for months. I’ve dabbled a bit in it, not much, vivalospride is a total legend I’ve found out. I overpredict way too much, but can never read the opponent’s predictions.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord but I don’t have a mic and can’t get one :(
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I do

vivalospride is a total legend, he directed me here.

Username: COLLENGHI
PO/PS! Username: COLLENGHI
Your timezone: gmt -3
Usual Hours of Availability:
Weekdays at night and weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started laddering last year, I participate in OU tournaments, almost every week, I get good results in OU, but I would like to start learning UU. My knowledge of the meta is mostly confined to gen 7, but I am willing to learn more metas if given time, and a love tournaments.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Available on Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

assigned to itsjustdrew

Username: InfernoDolphin73
PO/PS! Username: GoogleLover20000
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: 3 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in Competitive Pokemon: I have playing UU Pokemon Showdown for 2 years now. I left about in December but I came back as more time was gained. I have played in multiple discord leagues like DPL and EPL but I would still like to improve my game in UU. My record on the UU ladder was 1720, but I would like to get to the point where I can be in more leagues and tours. Teambuilding is also something I want to learn on.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)