Apprentice Program: Round Twenty

Status
Not open for further replies.

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
Assigned to Maniaclyrasist

Shoddy Battle nick: kd8otome, Doorman
Time zone: GMT -7
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays in between classes mostly, between roughly 1pm-11pm EST
Experience level: I know RSE, so I've been using mostly RSEish teams but I have no clue what's going on with most of the new pokemon
A little about myself: I can't seem to incorporate any of the "new" pokemon very well into my teams, want to work on that.

Assigned to PR3DAT

Shoddy Battle nick: Incarnati0n
Time zone: GMT +1 (the Netherlands)
Regular Online Hours: between 16:00 and 21:00 GT +1 from monday till friday, and between 13:00 and 20:00 in the weekend, I can be online (except if I have something else to do, of course).
Experience level*: I've played netbattle, and still play shoddybattle. I know all the stuff about EVs, IVs and all those other stats, so you don't need to learn me that. I can make a pretty decent team, but my synergy isn't really flawless.
A little about myself: I'm a big nintendo fan, excpecially metriod and golden sun. I have msn, which can make tutoring a lot easier. I signed up here because I want to improve my prediction and the synergy in my teams.

Assigned to Max

Shoddy Battle nick: RubyWeapon5
Time zone: GMT +1 (Hungary)
Regular Online Hours: Usually from 12:00 to 15:00 (which is 18:00-21:00 in GMT +1) but often even more. Weekends: it depends but I usually have time.
Experience level*: Novice
A little about myself: I did a lot of reading (movesets/strategies/how-to-build-teams) and I practiced some on shoddy, but I don't seem to be able to put together a really efective team, nor can I use it to it's fullest. This is mainly because of my lack of knowledge and experience. I didn't know where to start learning not just parts of pokemon but 'seeing competitive pokemon as a whole.' And this is why I seek help. Although sometimes I'm a bit lazy, I learn quick and I'm a good listener.

Assigned to the Lexx

Shoddy Battle nick: bball1210
Time zone: GMT -7 (Eastern Time Zone)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Weekdays from 4 PM - 8 PM.
Weekends from 1 PM - 6 PM
Experience level*: Ive been playing DP for about 6 months or so, with few battles on Shoddy. I use to Netbattle a while back, but mostly play Wifi. Am willing to play Shoddy as well. I would say as a battler, Im probably a B-/B
A little about myself: I've been playing DP for quite a while, but simply want to perfect my skills as a battler. I have a good grip on prediction, but my teams usually have blatant weaknesses that I cannot overcome. Other than that, I'm fairly easy going, play sports, and am about to enter college.

Assigned to marrilpet

Shoddy Battle nick: Castlevania
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3:30-4:00 PM on weekdays, fluctuating times for everything else.
Experience level: Amateur
A little about myself: I've been playing on the D/P scene since July now. I've been having troubles in how to handle a team, mostly in prediction. I'd also be extremely happy if I were paired with IggyBot, he's a friend of mine, to say. I'm still having a trouble getting over the 1400 hump of Shoddy.

Assigned to Calciphoce

Shoddy Battle nick: nibbler491
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5:00-10:00 PM weekdays, pretty much the entire weekend
Experience level*: I've been playing for around 6 months and would say I'm at moderate skill level. I have battle videos if that helps gauge how good I am: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=nibbler491
A little about myself: Junior in high school, Like playing Pokemon and Counterstrike. Played the Pokemon games as a kid, but D/P is the first metagame I've been competetive in. Would like to get better at team building.

Assigned to leech lyfe

Shoddy Battle nick: Aviation
Time zone: Central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7-11 on Monday and Wednesday
9-11 on Tuesday and Thursday 7-whenever I decide to go to sleep on Friday and most of the day on Saturday and Sunday starting after 1:30
Experience level*: Moderate.
A little about myself: I've battled a bit on Shoddy. Weak points are Team Building, which frankly, I suck at, and prediction in which I always over predict.

Shoddy Battle nick:zxn666
Time zone:Central
Onine hours:I play at random though you can expect to see me around 4-5 central time.
Experience:Moderate
About me: Despite my name, I am not a Satan worshipper. I've played for a while on shoddy, and I've also played against many of the tutors here (With me losing most of the time). I have the most difficulty playing defensively, since I've not had much experience with defensive battles.

Shoddy Battle nick: Sklez
Time zone:
GMT+9 30
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
5-11 pm weekdays and 12pm-12am weekends (thats in +9 30 time)
Experience level*:
Very much a beginner, although I did well in the Australian tour, I do not know much about team building or advanced strategy at all.
A little about myself: I live in South Australia and to tell you the truth I haven't played much Pokemon at all lately but only because i was never great at competitive battling. This would give me the opportunity to learn a lot and become competent. If i don't get in this round i will be happy to wait till the next one.

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All tutors are currently assigned, so sorry to anyone who signed up later than Resum. Try again next round!

To all of this round's tutors/apprentices, good luck!

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, great round guys!

Apprentices, please reply to the PM survey that I'll be sending out sometime this weekend to evaluate the tutors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)