Not open for further replies.

CTI

black
Assigned to KD24

Shoddy Battle nick: lolwut
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-10pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No
Experience level*:A little about myself: I'm decent. Been playing for a while, just need more help.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Assigned to DawnBringer

Shoddy Battle nick: Da Letter El, mastircheese, anything with DLE in it (as far as I am aware of), and LEAVEBRITNEYALONE. There are a few others, but those are the ones I usually use.
Time zone: PST (GMT -8)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Mostly from 10 PM-2 AM; I can be pretty flexible, though.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? YES
Experience level*: I consider myself to be a decent overall player. Still, I want to work out the kinks in my teambuilding process and find ways to make better team unity.
A little about myself: I enjoy pokemon and basketball and luv Fire Emblem. I'm on my school's speech and debate team and...yeah, that's about it.

Assigned to Max

Shoddy Battle nick: Bladejtr

Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):2-4pm and 11pm-5am
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes please
Experience level*: little other than playing the game itself
A little about myself: I tend to use borderline pokemon instead of the stuff that everyone uses.

Shoddy battle nick: Johhnny
Time Zone: London (gmt+1)
Online hours: 3am-3pm (est)
Tournament: Yes please
Experience: PLayed ruby, fire red. NEw to all competitive aspects including d/p pokemon. Need most help on understanding the OU metagame, team building and threats.
About myself: I play RPGs seriously, GCSEs this year, strong in maths (British LOL), sciences, French.

P.S. Typing this on an iPod, I'll fix it up +EST times tomorrow.

Shoddy Battle nick: yank dat SHODDY
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3:00 PM - 9:00 PM (Weekdays). Anytime I want on Weekends.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yep.
Experience level*: I've been playing for more than a year, I do have a good knowledge of the D/P metagame, basically knowing what's going on in it. I know how to predict, and I really know how to form teams around one specific sweeper, knowing all the sweeper's counters that must be eliminated and shit. I'm alright in each tier. Basically it's the tournament part that gets me interested.
A little about myself: I know Youtubers suck. ^_^ School for the LOSE!!!!!! Yeah lol.

Sidenote, Shoutouts: Spanky is win <3. Make it 32 =(

Goddammit, why am I always late for this?

Shoddy Battle nick: StarmanXL
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6:00 P.M.-10:00 P.M. Mon-Wed
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level*: Well, I know about standard metagame and have played competitively since D/P came out, but I still suck badly at it; I'm only good at doubles. I've been through this program twice before, but because I barely ever got to meet with my tutors, I didn't gain anything. On the whole, I'm bad with both team building and basic prediction.
A little about myself: Well, I'm doing our school's fall play this year, which explains my weird hours. Also, like I said, I'm way better at doubles than I am at singles.

Shoddy Battle nick:Bronzgong
Time zone: central -1 eastern time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):anytime between 3-10 all days of the week might be on everyday
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? sure, but wouldnt do well
Experience level: decent now all about the games and competetive movesets just cant use them right
A little about myself: im in school and play tennis

P.S. favorite tactic is to toxic spike wil-o-wisp stall lol i guess you could call me a staller

Shoddy Battle nick: Accipender
Time zone: Eastern US
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6-9
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Definitely, if I can!
Experience level*: Well…Ive been playing Pokemon since Blue Version, but only started palying on any competitive level midsummer. Since then, Ive become decent, earning ~1350 on the Smogon Ladder, but I still have much to improve on. My team building skills are meh, my prediction is off at (most) times, and as Im new, I don’t know ALL of the popular sets.

A little about myself: Im a VERY offensive player. I HATE sitting around, cowering behind a wall, its just not fun for me. I enjoy sweeping teams. I also enjoy a little bit of abnormality, but not at the cost of a decent team *one of my fave pokes is Shedinja)

Shoddy Battle nick:Itchni

Time zone:est
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):Weekdays after 9 all weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?yes
Experience level*:Medium high
A little about myself: Im good at battlign but team building is a bit of a weakness. it took 5 months to egt a good team together

I'm interested, but my wife and I are moving in 8 days and I'll be absent from the entire internet for 4 days! (gasp..my whole world is upside down.)

Should I just wait for the next one?

Shoddy Battle nick: cuttingedge4321 (I can make a goodbar account if its easier)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Kinda varies, not always in the middle of the day (11-4ish)on weekdays, weekends vary too probably best in the day or late at night (12am+), but i'm pretty flexible
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes if I can =/
Experience level*:A little about myself: I'm a college freshman at UMich. I am somewhat knowledgeable of the metagame and play shoddy once in awhile. I feel like I need to sharpen my prediction skills a little but more importantly I don't feel like I have great team building skills, I find it hard to pull off good strategies I guess.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm interested, but my wife and I are moving in 8 days and I'll be absent from the entire internet for 4 days! (gasp..my whole world is upside down.)

Should I just wait for the next one?
The round is 3 weeks long, you won't miss a gigantic amount in 4 days. I'd say give it a shot for this round if you feel like it.

Good lord, how'd it get to full up all of a sudden? D:

Shoddy Battle Nick: TheWolfe
Time Zone: EST
Regular Online Hours: 9-12 PM EST
Do you want to play in the tournament? YES!
Experience Level: The last time I actually battled competitively was during the RBY days (lawle) and that was full in due to Pokemon Stadium allowing me to practice at will. As the generations went by, I tried jumping into the metagame but I felt more and more detached to the competive scene that I couldn't keep up. Then I found out about this tutoring program and yay! ^-^

There seems to be a ton and ton of applicants signing up. It's said the first 16 people will be participating but at the rate this thread going, we might end up with over 32.

Shoddy Battle nick: Aero_Zeppelin, Suicide_X
Time zone: Eastern Standard Time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3:00 P.M. - 7:35 P.M.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level*:A little about myself: Well to be honest I am a bit rusty in Pokemon, I have not have a Standard Match in a couple of months, and with the DPPt Metagame lauched I am not even more lost in Standard and I really want to get better. The last time I was playing Standard my Team Building was ok (this was a few months before Garchomp became Uber.) I tried to build a team to adapt to the the release of Pokemon Platinum, and I was in a complete lost.

I have a Question about how the tutoring program works. So do we just get on shoddy then talk to our turor there and stuff or what exactly?

Shoddy Battle nick: Helix
Time zone: Eastern Standard Time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Mon, Wed 12AM-3PM, 10PM-2AM, Tues, Thurs 9PM-2AM, Fri, 7PM- 2AM, Sat, 1PM-4:30, Sun All day
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Sure
Experience level: I've had marginal success on the Smogon Latter, and I'm pretty confident with my team at the moment. I'd mostly like to work on my battling skills in general, as sometimes those are more in the lacking than my actual team. I haven't implemented Platinum to my current team, and to be honest, I don't think I will.

Thanks!

Shoddy Battle nick: Disgrace
Time zone: AEST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Varies, try 3:00pm- 5:00pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Once I get better(Not yet)
Experience level: I'm somewhat of a decent batlers, I don't really excell at anything. I have been number 4 on smogons ladder but, that was for Ubers. I am trying to get better at standard.

Shoddy Battle nick: Dylan
Time zone: US Central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):4-11 PM EST.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level*:A little about myself: Not too experienced, just looking to learn. :)

I feel a bit too late..

Shoddy Battle nick: Miltonic
Time zone: Eastern Time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8pm to 11pm sometimes later sometimes sooner
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? probably will if time allows
Experience level*: i have some trouble team building and predicting and tend to overpredict sometimes, i also feel a little slow adapting to the newer trends coming along.
A little about myself:
i graduated from high school this year and currently working to save money for myself and go to college later on.

Shoddy Battle nick: Darkforce
Time zone: mountain standard time (B.C)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekday 7:00 Pm- 12:00 (I'm on and off) Weekend: Random times through out the day (I'm on just about everyday)
Do you want to play in the tournament: No thanks ( I dout there's room anyway)
Experience level: I'm only a couple of months into competitive (as well as this site(I don't post much just read)) but I have terrible team building skills My prediction is bad but I'm getting a little better... I have participated in about ten bettles on shoddy with moderate to very little success (as in 5-6 to 0-6)

Shoddy Battle nick: samael021
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): varies between 3 PM- 3 AM
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?: at this time, no
Experience level*: in my opinion, between mediocre to moderate at best

i've regained interest in pokemon around march of this year, mostly in hopes of actually fighting against human opponents for once. in terms of team building, frankly, i think i suck with out help/assistance/advice. in battling itself, i fair moderately well.

i hope to use the lessons and experience from this (and hopefully, if allowed, other) round(s) to build up i team i can fair well with without having to delve in to CC territory. (and perhaps to help in making a good BL team in the future....why do most of my favorites have to be in the lower tiers? T.T)

and tutor would do, as i'm still relatively new to battling and this forum.
Thank you for your time...

I'm hoping to use what info i can aquire for use in wi-fi battles (informing now in case either the issue comes or if it changes the tutors on call for it)

Wow this thread got posted at 3:40 in the morning :S. Guess I'll have to miss this round then. Aeolus, can you please start the thread at a different time next time? I can never post between 3 to 6 am...

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Shit, this is 2 pages long.

Aeolus, is that a "no" to the PM I sent then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)