Apprentice Program - Round Forty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoddy Battle nick: Huntofthelion.
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Really flexible hours, so I can meet with a tutor any time as long as its a reasonable time.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes, but I'm not signing up for OU so I'm not sure if I can.
Experience level: Coming up on the year anniversary, gotten decent at OU and Uber.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): CaP/LC, UU, NU
A little about myself: Just your average 15 year old guy, nothing extraordinary. Been playing this game for a while, and getting a little bored of the standard tiers. After trying to learn LC in a day, I realized it might take a little longer =\. So since this is up I thought I'd apply for some help. I'm also trying to become more involved, so a tutor that is a contributer or something would be cool.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: Jiovaine11/Starstorm98
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays 3pm-6pm Weekends 3pm-8pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: No
Experience level: I'm a lot better than last time
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU/Ubers/OU
A little about myself: This would be my third time here on Battling 101 and I still feel like there is more to learn. Last time I was trained in OU now I'd like to be trained in UU.

Assigned to Great Sage

Shoddy Battle Nick: thechocolatebunny
Age 15
Time Zone EST
Regular Hours Weekdays 6-10 weekends random hours
Do you want to play in the tournament? yes if there are available spots
Experience Level: Good at ubers and UU, ok at OU
Tier I need help with OU/ubers/UU
About me: just a regular kid, play sports, go to school, hang out with friends, have tried to get into battling 101 but can never sign up early enough

Assigned to Colonel M

Shoddy Battle nick:Mr.Pizzle
Time zone:Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8-11 PM weekdays/not sure on weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?yes
Experience level:not much
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU/UU
A little about myself:I dont really play too much, just sticking to learning the booksmarts of the metagame. This I havent done well at all XD I have attempted UU, but OU is where my focus is here.

Shoddy Battle nick: DracoWarrior
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays 3pm-9pm Weekends 9am-11pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: pretty good but want to be better
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU/UU/UBERS
A little about myself: i have been trying to get in these for a few months and i want to learn team building, stall and i usally play ou

Shoddy Battle nick: Nightshade Zero
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): anytime in between 3:30-10:30, unless I’m at work
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? sure
Experience level: used to be pretty good in the D/P metagame, but I have no clue about the DPPt metagame
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, maybe ubers.
A little about myself: I work at a supermarket deli, am obsessed with mega man x games and have no life whatsoever :D

I'd like to request Kevin Garrett as my tutor. I asked him and he said it was okay and told me to put this at the end of my application

Shoddy Battle nick: Psylia
Time zone: GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 1:00pm - 4:00am
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level: I have a good idea of what to do in most situations, but i like to over-predict and i cant build a team to save my life.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU
A little about myself: I'm a gamer I like to excell(which is why i'm doing this) and thats about it.

Shoddy Battle nick:darknite
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!) 9pm to 10:15pm weekdays, varies saturday, 2pm to 5pm sunday
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? if possible, yes
Experience level: amateur
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU
A little about myself: I play basketball for my school. I have been lurking on smogon and shoddy battle since last summer. I would consider myself somewhat knowledgeable of competitive battling, but I would really like to improve and get on the leaderboard.

Shoddy Battle nick: The Wolf
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!) 5:30-9:30pm weekdays Im not on Saturday. Im on 8:30-9:30pm Sunday
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level: average
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU, Ubers, and UU
A little about myself: I enjoys playing pokemon. I'm a very likable person, have great sense of humor. I'm a sophomore in high school and I do track and basketball. For fun, I like to play amatuer sport and play video game. I'm very easy to get along with.

Shoddy Battle Nick: (none so far) I have a nick on the shoddy official server as well as the cap server both of which are flying tacos. I can't seem to find the smogon official server on my shoddy battle; can anyone help me with that?
Time Zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!) 830pm to 10:30pm during the week. Saturdays are completely random as are sundays
Experience level: My biggest issue is prediction. I think I have a good concept of moves and decent teambuilding
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU, Ubers, UU
A little about myself: I started playing pokemon a long time ago when I was around 8-9 and then I stopped because everyone was telling me it was childish. Then at the beginning of this year, a friend showed me rom-hacking w/pokemon and then he showed my shoddy battle and I have been playing competitively ever since
Edit:
In case it is necessary, when I can find the smogon server, my nickname will be flying tacos unless its already taken
Edit2:
I found the port and host for smogon server, my nick is officially flyingtacos (no caps or spaces)

Shoddy Battle nick: Arthok
Time zone: GMT + 1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 10am - 13am (12am - 23pm weekends)
Do you want to play in the tournament: Nope ><
Experience level: I started playing competitive pkmn a few months ago, took a break, and now I want to learn so I can have good matches against my friends =D Average I guess.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU
A little about myself: I'm from Spain, I played Pokémon since RBY, I like manga, ping-pong, Lord of the rings, Song of Ice and Fire, blah blah blah...Oh, i'm studying Java at school =P And Oracle SQL too.

Shoddy Battle nick: H3ll_Wraith
Time zone:Mountain Time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):1pm-10pm
Experience level:My rating on shoddy is around 1300, but i don't really know what that means
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU, Uber
A little about myself: I am currently attending high school, grade 12. Pokemon is basically the only video game i play now and i think its great fun. Would be glad to learn more about it, thanks :)

Shoddy Battle nick: KahunaWave
Time zone: Central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Around 5-9
Experience level: Fairly average
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: I'm in High School and I am a freshman. Grew up with Pokemon and yep. I'm interested in learning more about it.

Shoddy Battle nick: YoshiThePirate
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-7
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? no
Experience level: Medium-High
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU
A little about myself: I love the game of pokemon and it is currently the only game I am playing. I've been playing OU for a while now and want to get as good as I can with it before I move on to Ubers which I need to refresh my skills in.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shoddy Battle Nick: matty
Time Zone: Mountain Standard
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-12
Do you want to play in the tournament: no
Experience Level: Awful
Tiers I need help in: Ubers
A Little About Myself: I mercilessly kick fools from Shoddy. I've been thrown into the clink a few times. Caelum is my twin brother

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: iBojangles
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays: 7:30-9, Anytime Friday night or saturday
Experience level: I'm fairly good at OU, but it seems like I'm lacking something in the way of prediction
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU
A little about myself: I'm in 10th grade and have rediscovered pokemon lol. This will be my second time in the program.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Shoddy Battle nick: ReyScarface
Time zone: CST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Im on almost everyday in forums, mirc and shoddy.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? if theres space, yes
Experience level: I guess im decent
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber, UU
A little about myself: This will be my second round of tutoring program, after a few more of this i know i will be ready for standing alone.
Im mexican :D

I would like to have Stathakis as a tutor, since he agreed he could tutor me beforehand and we are on always at the same time =)
Also, i really want to finish up the things we didnt manage to finish on the other round.

Shoddy Battle nick: Darkvirus
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2pm-7pm( days depending and if i got time time changes right >.>)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: Fair experance ive been palying shoddy for about 4 months i think but used to play Netbattle back before D/P/P
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): All Ou/Uber/UU( but wish to learn all about the same amount)
A little about myself: I enjoy the community that gose on here helping everyone out (i try do my part) and i feel i have much room for improvement on my current level of play. If i play something that i enjoy i feel i need to learn and become a top rank player because its who i am i have to win XD but then again im sure alot of us feel that way . i am now currently trying to make my 1st compettitive team on Pearl even though i have no wi-fi as this site inspired :D

Shoddy Battle nick: lol my box
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 9-11 (Weekdays) All day on weekends
Experience level: I recently started competitive pokemon so I am not all that great. I able to predict pretty decently I just need help making teams.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: Hi I'm Michael and I would like to learn more about Pokemon. I am a fun person, I learn quickly and I am a good listener.

Shoddy Battle nick: GroundedINflight
Time zone: est
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): usually 6-7 weekdays and weekends usually from 11am-2pm then 7pm-to when ever
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes sure
Experience level: moderate
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): ou, uber, uu
A little about myself: Names Tyler and well i got in to shoddy a little bit ago and can make ok teams but would like to get better at battling and have teams that work well together, unlike my mainly free-for-all teams i have now. Well i am also a sophmore and was lucky enough to play on my high school's varsity soccer and lacrosse, and i also have an xbox with live. Gamertags are tytencents and xFrostFear. Hope you have a spot for me!

Shoddy Battle nick: kaze.
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Any time after 7pm, and usually any time on weekends
Experience level: Beginner - Moderate (My prediction is pretty bad lol)
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU
A little about myself: 3rd year college comp sci student, interested in competitive battling since beating the game on single player is only so entertaining

Shoddy Battle nick: Neosquid
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4.PM-9. PM(Usually)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Maybe
Experience level: Beginner
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU
A little about myself: I really havnt cared or tried to be competitive or anything until now. Im not a noob or anything, but Im not good. I do have most of the games.

Shoddy Battle nick:Kjt
Time zone: GMT +12:00/ Pacific.
Regular Online Hours: 10:00am-12:00pm, 1:00pm-4:00pm
Experience level: Average.
Tiers I need help in: OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: I live in New Zealand, and enjoy Pokémon, reading, SSBB. I like reading warstories from Stark Mountain. Enjoy Pokémon contests, don’t have Wi-Fi.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright I think we have more than enough applications ^__^;

I'll assign tutors when I get a chance, probably tomorrow night!

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All tutors have been assigned. I had to skip a few people near the end because they asked for tiers that weren't available because of limited tutors.

Sorry to everyone that wasn't able to make it in! Good luck this round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)