Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: demist
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: demist
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2,mostly from 5PM to 9-10PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU/ BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Zero self-confidence, love Pokemon. I am 17 old person, I had few sessions with Ojama last round in BW OU, and now I'm kinda interested in lower tiers. I guess UU and RU are pretty fun, so I would love to Dig In there. I also like more balanced teams, never really tried full stall or Hyper Offensive teams. I also enjoy music, anime-manga, drawing. Trying to learn a lot of stuff(failing everywhere T.T). I'm also huge Japanoholic ^^

Username: Phoenix85x
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Phoenix_85x
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, 6-9 PM (sunday-thursday), 6-11 PM (friday), 7-11 (Saturday).
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU, BW LC (Mostly BW OU).
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 14 year old player addicted to pokemon. I have liked pokemon more than half my life but i recently started playing competitively. I want to get better at battling and i learn new things every day.

Reason why under 25 posts: This account isn't very old so i haven't had lots of time to post (and i am kinda shy).

I signed up in the last/old thread.

Username: lcarp97
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Carp9790
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST weekdays 3:00-9:00 weekends the time varies
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 14 year old male that loves to play football and pokemon. I've been playing pokemon for about a year now, and just can't seem to get the hang of it.
Reason for under 25 posts: I do not like to post in the forums, unless I am absolutely sure that what I'm posting is correct information. I usually just come to read the forums.

Username: norelationstojfk
Pokemon Online: NoRelationsToJFK
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 (Central Time, USA), all waking hours on weekends (8AM to 11PM), evenings (3PM to 11PM) on weekdays

What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, specifically to gain better team building skills and gain a better understanding of Pokemon synergy.

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a college student who has been a fan of Pokemon since I was 6. I've made many competitive teams over the years, trying to figure out the secrets to being great at the competitive aspect of this game, but to no avail. I've read the articles on the Smog, observed teams in RMT threads, and I still can't seem to grasp onto it. I know I have the potential, though. There's just something I am missing. I believe an experienced tutor can help me discover my flaws in competitive battling, help flesh out my strengths and weaknesses, and mold me into the battler I know I can be. I have a strong inclination towards offensive teams, and to an extent balance lately because of the current meta's affection with strong and bulky Pokemon.

I signed up for a tutor in Round 55 and was not given one. In the 56th and 57th rounds the thread was locked before I got the chance to submit an application.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Whoohoo! Tutoring!

Username: November Blue
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: November Blue, NoBlue
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Australian EST - GMT +10. I'm always available evening to late every night, and Sunday afternoons.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU or NU please.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a bloody awful battler. My teambuilding skills are haphazard at best, and I can't ladder to save my life. I've never broken 1200 on any ladder. I'm not sure why, maybe I just can't play consistently. One of the things I hope to get out of tutoring is to find out why I have so much trouble with laddering. My prediction is alright, but I sometimes feel that I have trouble discerning and adapting to an opponent's playstyle. One of the other main reasons that I'm signing up is because I want to be able to actively contribute to discussions in DST, help out with some of the battling-related aspects of C&C, and become a better battler.

Username: Fancifulashley
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ashes
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern, available anytime
What tier do you want to learn?: Everything possible. Starting with BW OU would probably be a good idea, though.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been with pokemon since RBY, playing the games and even collecting the cards as a child. I never knew there was competitive pokemon online so I was quite excited to learn about Smogon. I am planning on attending the Philly regionals but I have no idea what I am doing. I can teach myself, but gain more knowledge from hands on learning.

Reason for less than 25 posts: I just joined yesterday. I had done some reading on the forums and realized I didn't understand the mechanics enough to feel knowledgeable enough to post a comment. Once I understand things more I will be posting where I feel able.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Alright, sign-ups are closed. We have way more than enough.

I'll try to get tutoring assignments up later today!

1. Link
  2. Link
  3. Link
The people who signed-up first in the previous thread will get priority. Google cache is great, isn't it?

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Tutor assignments are up. I tried my best to give those who signed up when the thread was first posted a tutor (thank you google cache.) Look through the thread to see if you were assigned a tutor.

I skipped a few people who have received tutors before in the past to give those who keep missing out on tutors a chance to get one. I also tried giving tutors to those who repeatedly miss out on getting tutors. Of course, I wasn't able to give tutors to everyone who keeps missing out due to limited availability, but I did what I could.

BW UU requests were very popular this round, but unfortunately, we don't have very many BW UU tutors - if you're reading this and are proficient in BW UU, you may want to consider applying for a tutoring position!

Lastly, some tutors agreed to take on multiple tutees, so thanks to those who did! If you missed out on a tutor this round, I'm sorry. Timezones and tutor availability limits the amount of tutors I can give out. All I can say is "keep trying!" If a tutor becomes available later in the round or finishes with their tutee early, then maybe you'll get one.

That's all; happy tutoring, everyone. Feel free to contact me if any issues arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)