AG Anything Goes Spring Seasonal - Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion

Welcome to the Anything Goes Spring Seasonal! This is the third tournament of the first season! Entering and winning in this seasonal earns you points for an overall Anything Goes leaderboard. After four seasonals, the top 16 players on this leaderboard will enter a seeded playoffs, where the winner of the tournament will become the Anything Goes champion!

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Gen 7 (USUM) Anything Goes Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 7] Anything Goes".
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown (or SmogTours server).
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. I will be somewhat lenient with this however.
  • Every round, I may choose several games as the Highlight Matches.
Clause:
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Giratina Stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

As a disclaimer: Since I plan to join this tournament, I will provide evidence of pairing randomization and/or have someone else do pairings for me each round.
Winners Bracket: https://i.gyazo.com/d5e0180505580c1b24033fa07acdd384.mp4
Losers Bracket: https://i.gyazo.com/626b838362d9db0cbb46a3632c7453e7.mp4

Round 6
Winners Bracket

21pichus vs. Racool
Megazard vs. Fardin
Paycard vs. Mysterious M
dom vs. double switches
HunterStorm vs. Xynix
Hamhamhamham vs. p0lt3rg3ist

Losers Bracket
Singiamtel vs. GaleWingsOP
PurpleGatorade vs. lotiasite
TastedSumo vs. Catalystic
Alpha Rabbit vs. Sir_JaKrispy
Poison Adhesive vs. Silent Mobius
WTF THHE STALLS vs. DonnotheFirst

Highlight Matches:
Megazard vs. Fardin
WTF THHE STALLS vs. DonnotheFirst
HunterStorm vs. Xynix
PurpleGatorade vs. lotiasite
21pichus vs. Racool

Deadline: Wednesday, April 18th 2018
Extension: Friday, April 13th
Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
21pichus vs. Racool : playing really well right now and I'm sure fardin will pass teams for this round
Megazard vs. Fardin : This is a mu I've wanted to see sense the first ssnl two of in my opinion the best 4 or 5 players in the tier
Paycard vs. Mysterious M : this is one of the two or 3 guys i think i would pick to beat M right now i think pc or fardin is going to win this ssnl so
dom vs. double switches : i dont know either too well but i know double switches plays some ubers
HunterStorm vs. Xynix : xynix gets upset that people say she uses bp in the predictions so I'm not going to say that
Hamhamhamham vs. p0lt3rg3ist : hamx4, hamslam, hamgang, hamhamhamham

Losers Bracket
Singiamtel vs. GaleWingsOP : i think gale wings is underrated
PurpleGatorade vs. lotiasite : i dont think this should be too hard for pg in all honesty
TastedSumo vs. (Winner of Mixing Dat Beat(Respect) vs. Catalytic) lipstick
(Winner of Pigeons vs. Alpha Rabbit) vs. Sir_JaKrispy : the american wigeon is a blah blah blah
Poison Adhesive vs. Silent Mobius : my challenge is for you to play before the deadline
WTF THHE STALLS vs. DonnotheFirst : this is gonna be a good one but i have to pick donno cause he's so handsome ;-;

PA

Purgatory.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:pikuh::pikuh:Well i wasnt really gonna call act here but you can look at my vms to see why im calling here he said hes not free on sunday so i asked him if he was free on saturday he later then said that sorry that i couldnt make it and soon after i asked him if he was free monday at a time and still havent got an answer

Calling act on ham, he's on but isn't responding and we don't have any other time when we're both available.
Please learn to schedule properly, you can't call act on me when a I've been following all the scheduling protocols, b the only time you've contacted me on ps was to say 'I can play in 4 hours' at about 8:30pm my time when I immediately responded saying I can't do that cause it's too late. If anything I'm calling act on you.

Calling act. I sent him a vm but never got a response despite the fact that he's been on since then
1524041670949.png

edit: zesty managed to get him on ps but i can't play today as i have other shit so I'm asking for an extension

edit 2: we scheduled for today and he didn't show so I'm calling act again

1524092250348.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)