AG Anything Goes Spring Seasonal - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion

Welcome to the Anything Goes Spring Seasonal! This is the third tournament of the first season! Entering and winning in this seasonal earns you points for an overall Anything Goes leaderboard. After four seasonals, the top 16 players on this leaderboard will enter a seeded playoffs, where the winner of the tournament will become the Anything Goes champion!

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Gen 7 (USUM) Anything Goes Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 7] Anything Goes".
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown (or SmogTours server).
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. I will be somewhat lenient with this however.
  • Every round, I may choose several games as the Highlight Matches.
Clause:
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Giratina Stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

As a disclaimer: Since I plan to join this tournament, I will provide evidence of pairing randomization and/or have someone else do pairings for me each round.

Round 1
iLlama vs. DoW
Quantum Tesseract vs. LordST
GL Volkner vs. Satanic Beast
Reffrey vs. FyreDrakon
TastedSumo vs. TJ
Silent Mobius vs. DonnotheFirst
Alex is AG God vs. Isotonex
21pichus vs. Hijasu
PapaBisexual vs. Jase Duken
lhce628 vs. frogger1387
Whitewash vs. LaLeLiLoLuL
Balanced Freakmons vs. Mixing Dat Beat(Respect)
Silver_Lucario42 vs. MMagma
Deus the boy vs. vsomani
PushMyFinger210 vs. Lashum
Ransei vs. lotiasite
Blitzburgh vs. nehtri
GarbodorIsHot vs. jagonite
P.kaCHEW vs. byronthewellwell
King Billu vs. Kong Harald
Tox.exe vs. Go0d
Holy Break vs. neomon
Loloartsi vs. Cloud9 NxtLvl
bdov vs. Paycard
Alpha Rabbit vs. TylerWithNumbers
GRNBLN vs. Megazard
RaJ.Shoot vs. Thank You For The Game
dom vs. DurzaOffTopic
Catalystic vs. Anish
MickDoogler vs. Singiamtel
WTF THHE STALLS vs. Poison Adhesive
pqs vs. double switches
p0lt3rg3ist vs. BaconEatinAssassin
Cofaiclus vs. Tohru and the Adachi
tokyovania vs. ritabhas
Sets vs. HunterStorm
Hamhamhamham vs. GaleWingsOP
SomeoneWhoExists vs. Anthobetic
Xynix vs. Funbot28
Plas vs. Broken Phobias
Zesty43 vs. Sir_JaKrispy
Aaronboyer vs. LiAmbreon
zugubu royale vs. dogknees
Terracotta vs. Mysterious M
Kris vs. Chloe
Racool vs. Complexities
The Excadrill vs. cromagnet42
Pigeons vs. PurpleGatorade

Substitutes:
nehtri
GL Volkner
Alpha Rabbit

Highlight Matches:
Pigeons vs. PurpleGatorade
GRNBLN vs. Megazard
Silent Mobius vs. DonnotheFirst
iLlama vs. DoW
bdov vs. Paycard
Sets vs. HunterStorm
Xynix vs. Funbot28

Deadline: Monday, March 12th 2018
Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Pigeons vs. PurpleGatorade ( not predicting lame r1 mu both the homies loser will still make it late in the tour)
GRNBLN vs. Megazard ( pains me to predict against GRN but Zard is not only playing really well in AG but mons in general atm)
iLlama vs. DoW (more consistent and better knowledge of the tier)
bdov vs. Paycard (Probably too good to lose to heat)
Sets vs. HunterStorm ( forgive me sets but the GOAT is back)
Xynix vs. Funbot28 ( i hate BP)

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Lots of interesting teanms. here are some predicts cause im bored

Pigeons vs. PurpleGatorade - I cant see purple losing again after last ssnl because now he knows what to expect
GRNBLN vs. Megazard - the better player and builder, not much to say
iLlama vs. DoW - Illama is simply one of the best player in this whole tour. too bad he doesnt really play AG much, but i think he still got this.
bdov vs. Paycard - ummmmmm, srry bdov
Sets vs. HunterStorm- one of the best ag player of all time. he might be a bit rusty but he can pull thru
Xynix vs. Funbot28
Kris vs. Chloe - if kris uses sheer cold stuff, he might pull thru
Racool vs. Complexities - playing wise they are p equal, but complex knows the meta
The Excadrill vs. cromagnet42 - best ag player
Zesty43 vs. Sir_JaKrispy - Simple
Ransei vs. lotiasite - very close mu. i dont know who will win
Silent Mobius vs. DonnotheFirst - Donno :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)