Any improvements that could be made to this team?

This is a offensive set up based team I use to battle seriously in Gen 8 OU. Here follows the team.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Hypnosis
- Encore'

As you can see this is alolan-ninetales is build to set up Auroa veil and help my set up sweepers sweep with greater ease. I choose alolan-ninetails for this role beacuse I found it to be the most realible at the job. I could have used a tank with light screen and reflect but I decided with alolan-ninetails since it can get up auroa veil in just 1 turn. Freeze-dry as it attacking move to also counter water types. Hypnosis and Encore are there to deal with things that might threaten ninteales. Making it bulky and fast lets it outspeed more oppnents and set up aurora veil more reliably.

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buz

One of the set up sweepers meant to take advantage of aurora veil and be a threat. Quiver dance makes Volcarona an obivous choice for a spot on the offense group. Fire and bug also provide great covarge for the team and it has a strong stab move for both types. Roost is there for realible recovery. Heavy-Duty boots to deal with stealth rocks. Max SpA to help with offense and I decided not to put full EVs into speed since I felt volcarona need a bit of bulk to go along side roost.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Another set up sweeper similar to Volcarona, expect that bisharp is more offensive with Max Atk and Spe instead of investing into bulk. I choose bisharp for this role beacuse he has a strong attack stat,good type combo,knock off and defiant to punish defogs. I tend to use him either as a revenge killer or to pick of low oppnents. Sucker punch is especially helpful in this matter.

Garchomp @ Rocky helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

The 3rd and final set up sweeper. One of the things I like to do with this Garchomp is bring him in against a pokemon he is good against to try and force a switch, on the turn they usally switch I let garchomp set up stealth rocks. This is a reason I choose Garchomp as a sweeper. He has a secondary purpose beside offense. Ev spread is the same as Bisharp. Maximises offesensive capabilities.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Body Press

The back bone tank for all the sweepers. Incase something goes wrong with the set up sweepers I can fall back on Ferrothorn for safety. Ferrothorn is obviously the best mon at this. Exellent typing,great defensive stats and utility to boot. Sometimes I even lead with ferrothorn and let him get up early hazards. Has knock off to disturb opposing pokemon and since Garchomp took up the stealth rock role, he is free to run Body press as his forth move. Allowing this ferrothorn to even put out some damage. Max defensive Evs are only natuarl for a tank.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Taunt
- Scald
- Moonblast

Acting as a type covarge and a defoger, Tapu fini rounds this team up pretty well. Adding a water type as well as a fairy type with fairy moves gives the team the addtional type covarge they need. I choose tapu fini for my water type beaucse it's not just a water type. In addtion to providing additional fairy covarge it's also a great defoger and reasonability bulky. Let's me mainly threaten ground and dragon types realibily. The Ev spread taps into Tapu finis bulk more but I still wanted tapu fini to be able to outspeed the threats it was meant to check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)