SS Ubers Anti Stall?

:ss/kyogre::ss/dracovish::ss/necrozma-dusk-mane: :ss/palkia: :ss/yveltal::ss/zygarde:

Introduction

Hi, I played a lot of matches in SS Ubers because of the Ubers Ladder Tour and using mostly Hyper Offense. Stall is not as popular as Hyper Offense but it's still really annoying to deal with so I thought of building an anti team.

Teambuilding Process

:kyogre:

I started of with a mon that can threathen stall, and after a bit of research i decided to use block ogre from the sample submissions, i thought it was a cool idea to lure in eternatus even though eternatus is supposed to check Kyogre. Kyogre acts like a gothitelle for this team by spamming calm minds and rests.

:kyogre::dracovish:

Next I needed something that appreciates the lack of Eternatus. I've been spamming Raph's Dracovish Ho so i know that dracovish is a monster without eternatus so i used dracovish

:kyogre::dracovish::necrozma-dusk-mane::eternatus::yveltal:

Next is the three man core that's pretty much needed in every balance team not much to say Necrozma checks the fairies, Yvetal checks Caly and Etern checks Kyogre.

:kyogre::dracovish: :necrozma-dusk-mane::eternatus::yveltal::zygarde:

And then I needed something that can deal with Marshadow and DD Necrozma, I first thought of using tangrowth but that doesnt give much utility and my current team lacks any sort of offense so i decided to use zygarde.

:kyogre::dracovish: :necrozma-dusk-mane::palkia::yveltal::zygarde:

After a few tests with some people I noticed something the team lacks, speed, since my team is way to slow i needed a scarfer, scarf dracovish deals like no damage, scarf yveltal sucks because i dont want to use caly so i decided to change eternatus because scarf kyogre isnt really the biggest of threats on my team so finally i used scarf palkia. not sure if this is a great change but palk helps with the speed problem

The team

:ss/kyogre: :leftovers:

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Block
- Scald
- Rest
- Calm Mind

First off is Block Ogre, at first block kyogre may seem odd but luring in eternatus is really helpful because most teams don't have water resists but the problem is that it has no Special Attack even with max investment at +6 so its forced to pp stall most of the time. Rain support is great for ithis team for Dracovish and Palkia's water moves and helps Necrozma with resisting Fire moves.

:ss/dracovish: :choice-band:

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Outrage
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

Dracovish LOVES rain support, it deals a whole truck of damage even to resists! I aided Dracovish with Paralysis support from Necrozma, Zygarde and sometimes Palkia so that Eternatus gets 2HKOd by Fishous Rend even without rain while outspeeding it because of the para; and a paralyzed Zacian, Calyrex or any fast poke gets 1 shotted by the vish.

:necrozma-dusk-mane:

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 324-382 (81.4 - 95.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Necrozma-Dusk-Mane in Rain: 486-573 (122.1 - 143.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Resists?

:eternatus:

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Eternatus: 278-327 (57.7 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Does half.

Defensive tanks?

:tangrowth::toxapex::giratina:

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth in Rain: 246-290 (60.8 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Rain: 212-250 (69.7 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina in Rain: 254-299 (50.3 - 59.3%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

(Dracovish outspeeds Giratina)

:ss/necrozma-dusk-mane::rocky-helmet:

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Necrozma Dusk Mane is one of the best mons in the tier and youre forced to run it to deal with Zacian (ban zacian pls) and GeoXern. Rain support from Kyogre helps it against Meteor Beam eternatus and rare Reshiram and Kyurem-W. Thunder Wave support really helps at luring in Yveltal in exchange for an Item loss. I prefer Rocky Helmet over Leftovers on NDM because Zacian risks recoil damage if its spamming to many Play Roughs.

:ss/palkia: :choice-scarf:

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

Palkia helps with the speed control on this team outspeeding almost every scarfer and even Calyrex and Pheramosa! Surf over Hydro Pump helps it hit accurately against suicide leads and a consistent move is really good to not risk misses. Thunder uses Kyogre's rain as an accuraccy tool to avoid misses on Yveltal and get a small chance to paralyze Eternatus.
:ss/yveltal::heavy-duty-boots:
Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

Yveltal is a great revenge killer and utility poke. Knock Off is better this gen due to the lack of primals and megas so all pokes lose their important items likes Rocky Helmet, boots and Leftovers. Yveltal is also really bulky being able to check Calyrex and live a few hits from offensive Eternatus. Sucker Punch is really popular in the current meta because revenge killing stuff is really great for a utility mon. Defog is great in general to help its team mates switch around without hazard damage and removes spikes and toxic spikes from Ferrothorn and Toxapex.

:ss/zygarde-complete::leftovers:

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 16 HP / 224 Atk / 36 Def / 232 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Glare
- Dragon Dance

Since Dracovish deals a lot of damage to Tangrowth, Zygarde has an easier time cleaning through teams because of the fact that most team only have 1 checks to it. Zygarde's utility spams Glare and defensively checks Marshadow and Offensive Ndm and cripples them with paralysis.

Playstyle

Roles

Wallbreaker - :dracovish::zygarde:

Cleaner - :zygarde::palkia:

Utility - :Kyogre::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::yveltal:

My usual main goal is to paralyze every fast poke, switch in Dracovish then deal a lot of damage, but it's not that simple. Eternatus is a massive pain for this team because it can switch in to Dracovish and one shot it back, so I usually lead with Ogre then use Block to trap Eternatus then proceed to PP Stall it, after that Dracovish gets less switch ins to deal with. Against stall I don't follow the same game plan, I knock off the items on the opposing side to remove rocky helmets and leftovers before switching in Dracovish. The calcs show how much Dracovish does and deals 70% to all of it's checks in rain so I have to weaken some them without risking a status condition of get my choice band knocked off by Tangrowth.

Threatlist

:xerneas:+:zacian:

Really hard to deal with both because both of them deal over 50% to NDM (+2 Xern and CB Crunch Zacian)

(just ban zacian already dammit)

:zekrom:

Zekrom isn't that common but it is still a great threat against the team and I'm forced to sack one of my pokes to get it palkia safely and because NDM doesn't have Earthquake, my team has a harder time against it.

:shedinja:

Due to the Palkia change, shedinja is a bigger threat than before because I cant pp stall it with block and im forced to get into prediction battles from using Crunch or Fire Blast from Palkia and Dracovish.

Replay

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1345321771 (im mostly spamming ho or forgot to save replays lol)

Team paste

:kyogre::dracovish::necrozma-dusk-mane::palkia::yveltal::zygarde:

Last edited:

Garrett

Banned deucer.
Here to rate:
-Current Yv -> Foul Play > Sucker as you currently cannot guard Double Dance Don. It ideally should be max speed, 240 SpDef, 16 HP to minimize Calyrex-S damage and best guard against autolosing to Webs, which the team currently does.
-Your current Zyg spread does not let it reliably live +2 Precipice from Groudon before transforming. I would consider adding serious bulk.
-We lose to T-Spikes, so as much as Palkia is the funny mon, Boots/Black Sludge/Meteor Beam (possibly Cosmic Power because that things lacks checks to begin with) Etern would be better against HO, Kyogre, and Toxic Spikes in a pinch. You now also have a Knock Off absorber.

Calcs for reference:
+2 252+ Atk Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 16 HP / 36+ Def Zygarde: 358-423 (99.1 - 117.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre: 369-435 (91.3 - 107.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Here to rate:
-Current Yv -> Foul Play > Sucker as you currently cannot guard Double Dance Don. It ideally should be max speed, 240 SpDef, 16 HP to minimize Calyrex-S damage and best guard against autolosing to Webs, which the team currently does.
-Your current Zyg spread does not let it reliably live +2 Precipice from Groudon before transforming. I would consider adding serious bulk.
-We lose to T-Spikes, so as much as Palkia is the funny mon, Boots/Black Sludge/Meteor Beam (possibly Cosmic Power because that things lacks checks to begin with) Etern would be better against HO, Kyogre, and Toxic Spikes in a pinch. You now also have a Knock Off absorber.

Calcs for reference:
+2 252+ Atk Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 16 HP / 36+ Def Zygarde: 358-423 (99.1 - 117.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre: 369-435 (91.3 - 107.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
What set do I use on Zygarde? Still don't know if my team is "anti stall"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)