SS OU Anti-Meta Defensive Team

ANTI-META DEFENSIVE

Hi guys, so this is my first team I've posted on here. I wanted to make an Anit-Meta team to deal with some of the most common annoying OU threats whom have few switch-ins. Anyways this is my crack at it.

1665818740593.png

Slow-Bruhh (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Toxic
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball

This standard Aegislash set is great to deal with many psychic and fairy types. Although not the best technically for slowbro if it has a fire type move, slowbro would not like to take a shadow ball from Aegislash and also resists its future sight and is immune to its body press. Its also a hard wall to another pokemon this team would not otherwise take too great. Zapdos-galar. Being immune to its CC and resisting its brave bird or accrobatics. Just remember not to use kings shield. Sub Zap-Galar might be slightly annoying to deal with.

1665819117693.png

Heat-Ran (Araquanid) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Soak
- Toxic
- Mirror Coat

Ahhhh yes. My favorite Heatran switch in. Arguably the best heatran switch in, with its decent special defense. And fantastic ability water bubble, cutting its damage from fire types attacks to 50% and making it immune to burn. Araquanid comes in on heatran with absolutely zero problems. Try not to leave rocks up on the field because it will take 25% damage making switching in on fire types a little harder. Liquidation with mystic water will ohko any heatran there is. Soak toxic is here for the bane of Araquanid, Ferrothorn. Mirror coat can be good in rare situations where your water type is resisted, but you can still take a hit. I didn't add sticky webs because this team is so defensive it wouldn't gain much from it, (won't hit hard either way, very slow speed tiers).

1665819572776.png

Land o-ooooo (Buzzwole) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 184 HP / 72 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Roost
- Close Combat

Buzzwole, the defacto lando switch in. Albeit the rare fly landorus. This pokemon will tank hits from some of the hardest heavy hitters there is. Designed to absolutely destroy Urshifu with its rocky helmet and return with a thunder punch to finish them off. Roost offers buzzwole fantastic recovery to guarantee he can keep taking those eq's, CC's and other physical attacks. Also checks many Kartanas who arent using Aerial ace. unfortunately wont be hitting the hardest with ice punch and thunderpunch, CC will do decent damage to those steel types. And although you're not hitting the hardest, roost will allow you to keep hitting and win. As long as the opponent doesn't have recovery.

1665820105533.png

Zap-DOH (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest
- Volt Switch

Designed to be the hardest of walls to that annoying Zapdos. It is immune to all electric type attacks (volt switch, thunder). And resist Zapdos' weather ball, hurricane and heatwave. Throw off a toxic or a scald, status your enemies away. This Pokemon is also a hard wall to Regileki, a pokemon that will absolutely destroy any team without an electric immunity. All the while not being the obvious ground swap. Whatever can take a scald, probably cant take a volt switch and vice versa. Although Lanturn is fairly bulky, we may find ourselves in a situation where we need recovery during toxic stall, hence rest.

1665821948546.png

Melmet-Uhhh (Moltres) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog

Our Melmetal switch in. Resistant to the vast majority of Melmetals' move pool. All the while with a great chance of terribly crippling it with flame body. This goes for all physical attackers, and especially u turn. Be warned of knock off, you do not want your heavy duty boots to be knocked off. This pokemon is one of the best switch ins for nearly all contact moves due to flame body, besides super effective ones. Fortunately we are only weak to rock, electric, and water. Many of the games physical attackers do not use those attacks.

1665821305842.png

Draga-thesenuts (Umbreon) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

Being a rare pure dark type with fantastic bulk, we have found our dragapult wall. Tbh sub disable pult might just beat this. However, it is not just for dragapult. This is our teams Cleric. Wish passing will be fantastic for Araquanid and Aegislash. Also heal bell can wake our sleeping Lanturn! With the weird choice of black glasses we can do 20% more damage with our foul play. This will come in very handy against ghost types, and physical attackers in general outside of dark and fighting types, and fairies too i guess. With many physical attackers you may be able to just wish protect foul play them into oblivion.

Notes: Yes there's no hazard setter.
All comments and criticisms welcome.
All teams have weaknesses/ there are no perfect teams.
if i were to point out my biggest weaknesses its being taunted, disabled, bulk up, knock off, hazards. And generally not doing much damage. Calm mind t bolt clefable would probably 6-0 this team. I'm sure theres lots of other stuff, but dont forget the idea of this team. Its pretty good against some very annoying specific pokemon.​

Attachments

Last edited:

SpaceSpeakers

eeny mine moe
is a Tiering Contributor
Did u forget to put other 4 evs on Aegislash, Araquanid and Lanturn?
Also can u send some replays for us to know how this team works lol

SpaceSpeakers

eeny mine moe
is a Tiering Contributor
Yes sometimes I forget the last few EVs if I'm just doing 252 252.
ah ok
But is Araquanid needed?
Urshifu is totally better imo
:ss/Urshifu:

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

ah ok
But is Araquanid needed?
Urshifu is totally better imo
:ss/Urshifu:

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn
lava plume burn would make it irrelevent
water bubble avoids that

lava plume burn would make it irrelevent
water bubble avoids that
They have Umbreon to deal with burns, so i would also run :urshifu-rapid-strike: urshifu rapid rather than :araquanid: araquanid. Urshifu is faster, has fighting coverage, aqua jet, can pivot with U-Turn and isnt weak to stealth rocks.
Also Umbreon heals paras or burns that Shifu might get because of Flame Body and Static. Umbreon can also heal Shifu with wish if it gets weakened due to rocky helm/iron barb chip.
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Heatran on a critical hit: 396-468 (102.5 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Mystic Water Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Heatran: 342-404 (88.6 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Major Changes
:araquanid: -> :urshifu-rapid-strike:
explained above
:moltres: -> :landorus-therian:
:ss/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog

No point in keeping moltres as a Melmetal counter, you already have buzzwole which is essentially the best Melmetal counter. I’ve swapped it to Landorus-Therian, to help protect against Zeraora (which can break past lanturn if it has bulk up/ by weakening it slowly). Lando-T also just provides general utilty with stealth rock and u-turn. Also helps with Zapdos. Lando likes umbreon’s wish as it can heal up.

:lanturn: -> :tapu-lele:
:ss/tapu-lele:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Future Sight

Lanturn is sort of niche, and Landorus-T helps against Zapdos, so we’re running standard set scarf Lele here to help clean up after the mons are weakened down. Urshifu-Rapid appreciates future sight support, as it can force in dark types to tank the fs, and kill with Close Combat.

Minor Changes
Change Umbreon’s item to Leftovers (not sure why black glasses, i don’t think the boosted foul play damage is relevant in any calc)
Final Pokepaste- https://pokepast.es/a6a22ebf2492081b

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)