Serious Anti-Bullying Thread

Bullying isn't always intentional, but it can still hurt. My advice is to speak up and surround yourself with support. We got your back!

Mod Edit: This post bumped an old thread on bullying from 2018 (thanks BP) but I think it’s important for us to still have a 2023-equivalent for anti-bullying practice and community support. Feel free to use this thread to share personal accounts (to the extent you are comfortable with, within reason) and give others non-expert advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
I don't wanna talk about what happened in my case, but I was bullied for one year in 6 grade because in that year I was in public school, I fell for the "just ignore them" meme, tried my hardest to smile and just move on, or at worst just try to tell a teacher, too bad I was in a public school at that time so nothing works

I should have punched back, should have hit back, didn't, and now I have the resentment and regret, schools don't fucking care about you, your parents and friends do care about you, but you are the only one at risk, even the law approves this via self-defense, and the people who matter are gonna be proud of you

Like one guy on the internet said one time
Violence is not the answer
Is the question
And the answer is yes

If somebody disagrees with me, I get it, but this is from my own life experiences
EDIT: Also just noticed this thread was made in 2018 holy shit, you would expect something like bullying to have 10000000000000 replys, but nope, lmao

I say bullying is the intentional harassment of an individual for the primary goal of making them miserable.
here are some examples:
teasing: probably not bullying, but that doesn't make it right. what is acceptable teasing is up to interpretation though.
stealing: probably not bullying. if they are doing it to make your life miserable, its bullying, if not, its just larceny.
ridiculing: probably bullying. If they are doing it to look cool, then that's just them prioritizing their own social status over your mental health, which isnt cool, but not my definition of bullying.
violence: probably. again, if their doing it to look cool, or to get something, that's just a mean thing to do.
any of the above in retaliation: no, that's just being petty.
i dont find of these things acceptable except sometimes teasing, but just because someone does something bad to you doesn't make them a bully. it might just make them a jerk.

Hey there! First off, I'm really sorry to hear what you went through. Bullying can be a pretty subtle thing sometimes, and that's why some people may not even realize that their actions are hurting others. My definition of bullying would include any kind of intentional or repeated behavior that causes harm to someone – physically or emotionally. I've seen it happen at my school too, but it's more of a subtle, teasing kind of bullying. I think it's important to have open discussions about it and support each other. For anyone out there going through a difficult situation like cyberbullying or blackmail, there's help available at websites like https://www.digitalforensics.com/blackmail. Stay strong, and don't hesitate to talk to people you trust about your experiences. We're all in this together!

Last edited:

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
bullying's evolved with the times too.

when i was in high school, i didn't see or hear of much overt bullying (people locking each other into lockers, etc), but the one that struck me as particularly cruel was the ironic bullying.

there was a kid in the grade below me my sophomore year who was a bit weird but harmless (or so we thought). he would shake your hand before and after a conversation, call you sir/ma'am, talk about weird shit, and constantly post on his snapchat story stuff like "screenshot if you'd go to homecoming/prom with me" (in our school, freshmen and sophomores could only go to prom if asked by a junior/senior).

normally the reaction would be to just ignore it and laugh about it in private, but the people in the grade above me took a liking to him and twisted the "be positive!!!!!1" anti bullying education we all got into encouraging all of this and laughing about it in private. this culminated in one of the girls in that grade asking him to prom.

he turned out to be kind of a demon, constantly trying to grind on her at the party bus and at the dance. at the after party, he kept trying to drag her to the bathroom/bedroom for you know what, which she consistently refused.

after prom, he didn't show up to school for a week, and then came out with the fiction that they actually did fuck and that she gave him herpes (which was why he was gone for a week). this led to actual and relentless bullying of him to the point that he transferred out, but it wasn't seen as bullying because it was "justified." the fact that they had manufactured the whole situation and encouraged him the whole time seemed to be forgotten.

the people in my grade did a similar thing to another kid because he danced funny, but afterwards he was completely ignored.

i've never been bullied myself (beyond some hazing) so i wouldn't know, but i wonder what's more cruel: being straight up bullied or being ironically bullied into being straight up bullied?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)