Announcement Announcing the Smogon Draft Wifi Community Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjb145

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Draft Leader
Today, it is my pleasure to announce that the Draft League subforum is teaming up with 3 of the biggest Wi-Fi Draft Leagues around. These leagues are the Global Battle Association (GBA), the Pokémon Premier League (PPL) and the Breedjects Battle Royale (BBR). In case you haven't seen it, check out our announcement video here!

This collaboration was set in motion with the goal of bringing about a closer relationship between the PS and the Wi-Fi sides of the draft league community. These two communities are both currently in positions of strength, and it was agreed upon that all parties involved were looking for that success to continue into the future. The details of what this project entails can be seen below.
Actions to be taken on behalf of the Draft League Subforum:
• Creation of a Wi-Fi zone category in the Smogon Draft Discord Server
• Creation of one thread on the sub-forum per league for posting league content
• Creation of a sub-forum thread for answering questions relative to getting started recording draft league content, with queries answered by members of the partnered Wi-Fi leagues.
• Creation of a single pingable role for games after full round of weekly games uploaded
• Offer of consultation help relative to running WI-Fi tournament(s) for the larger community

Actions to be taken on behalf of partnered Wifi leagues (GBA, PPL, BBR):
• General encouragement of Smogon draft server as a place for newcomers that could be attracted to the format by watching the content
• Mandate that a never expiring link to the Draft League Smogon discord server be included in the video description of all affiliated league content being uploaded to YouTube and posted in Smogon's forum/discord server
• Appoint 1-2 individuals per league to answer general questions on the newly created Wi-Fi SQSA thread (will be live soon after this post) relative to amateur content uploading
This collaboration brings forward an exciting future for both sides of the Draft League scenes, with an overall goal of helping the format grow as a whole and bring fresh faces in to try the format for the first time. This is a project that I have been very passionate about becoming a reality and I hope that you guys are just as excited as I am to see what the future holds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)