......And I'm still lost...

I read a previous thread on how to input new Pokemon into Shoddy Battle, but I'm still a little lost on how to do it. I understood needing your own server to do it, and to input the info into the patch file............but I don't know where the blasted patch file is..... >_<

I apologize; I haven't used a Java program like this before, so I don't know how it works exactly.

Btw, weirdest selection of smileys I've ever seen on a message board before.:pimp::naughty::toast:

well, you first edit server.properties specifiying what the name of your patch file is. go into the 'server' file, then CREATE the file of the name of the patch in server.properties. input this code

Add Pokemon: Name, HP, Def, Atk, Spe, Satk, Sdef, Type1, Type2, (Male/Female/Both);
Name: a+Ability1, a+Ability2, move1, move2 move3, <etc>, move1000;

hope i helped.

Did you run it via netbeans? Just hit the green triangle, or press F6. Then open up shoddy, hit advanced. For host, leave it blank. For port, used what you used for port earlier

..........Ok..........downloaded NetBeans.........had to dl the Java Development Kit thing with it; but the Kit wouldn't dl all the way for some apparent compatibility issue..........and I STILL can't access my server even with NetBeans running.... >_<

No no no, did you download the default server package where you just input name, decription, uuid, port, username and password? Then just go to...

Administrative tools (Coltrol Panel) -> Services -> Shoddy Battle Server -> Start

or

C:\Program Files\Shoddy Battle Server -> Bin -> Start App (XP)

For XP or lower...

C:\Program Files\Shoddy Battle Server -> Bin -> Start App (Right click, run as administrator)

Then connected advenced to your server. Should work.

Ok, did that, and I got "Could not start the Shoddy Battle Server service on Local Computer. Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified." Tried it the other way, and same message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)