All Gens Ancient Lower Tiers Premier League Vol.2 - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the second edition of the Ancient Lower Tiers Premier League! Lower tiers of these older gens tend to get less representation in their respective subforums for many team tours, so this tour is designed with the goal to give these tiers an extra team tour to shine! There will be 10 total tiers for ALT PL:
  • RBY Ubers :Mewtwo:
  • RBY UU :Tentacruel:
  • RBY NU :Moltres:
  • GSC Ubers :Lugia:
  • ********GSC UU :Granbull:
  • GSC NU :Xatu:
  • ADV Ubers :Kyogre:
  • ADV UU :Walrein:
  • ADV NU :Wailord:
  • FLEX SLOT :Machoke: (This flex slot will change each season, but for this edition it will be GSC PU but with Furret banned)
********GSC UU will be officially testing Muk. As such, Muk will be unbanned from GSC UU for the duration of this tour. NOTE: Aerodactyl is NOT unbanned for this tour, only Muk.

If you are interested in being manager, use the following form to sign up below!

If you are a returning manager, make sure to identify the team which you are reclaiming by the letter assigned to it. While returning managers have a certain level of priority over their team, they are obviously not guaranteed to be selected. However, they may not choose to take over any other team besides their own (if they want to manage a brand new team then sign up as a new manager).

Manager name:
Co-manager name:
Returning manager: (yes/no)
Previous team (if applicable):
First Team Preference:
Second Team Preference:

example:

Manager name: BigFatMantis
Co-manager name: Hiro
Returning manager: yes
Previous team: C

or

Manager name: Hiro
Co-manager name: BigFatMantis
Returning manager: no
First Team Preference: A
Second Team Preference: D

• All managers must have a co-manager, but you can list your co as "TBD" if you do not immediately have one (must have one before manager signups close though).​
  • You can self-purchase one, both, or neither manager. The first manager retained for your team will cost 13.5k credits. You can then retain a second manager for an additional 26.5k credits (both are considered "20k credits" each if you do this).​
  • There will be 6 total teams, regardless of signups. Therefore, there will be 6 total manager duos selected.​
  • All teams are required to have a minimum of 13 players (i.e. 3 subs) - the reasoning behind this is that all 10 tiers are different and there is a tier lock in place for regular season, making it difficult to manage substitute situations as needed without at least 3 subs.​
  • The total amount of starting credits per team will be 125k credits.​
  • The manager selection process is admittedly very subjective - please do not be upset if you are not chosen, and we hope you can have fun anyways as a player!​

POSSIBLE TEAMS:

Team A: Shuckle Soldiers :shuckle:
Team B: Slay Queen Snorlaxes :snorlax:
Team C: Top Percentage Rattatas :Rattata:
Team D: Trailblazer Torchics :Torchic:
Team E: Criminal Cradilys :Cradily:
Team F: Permafrozen Piloswines :Piloswine:

NOTE ON REBRANDS: If you choose to rebrand, you MUST choose a pokemon mascot from the same gen as the team you are rebranding. For example if you want to rebrand to the Persevering Pidgeottos :Pidgeotto: then you need to be assigned either Team B or Team C as those are the two teams with Gen 1 mascots.

ALT PL I Team and Player Standings and Records

Note: Players who managed last year cannot be retained as players. However, they can self-buy if they choose to manage again.

If you would like to retain a player, the price to retain them will be the player's cost from last year's ALT PL with an additional 3K cost. The minimum cost to retain a player is 10K credits (so if someone was 4k credits last year, their price to retain them this year is 10k credits, not 7k credits, since 10k credits is the minimum). Please refer to the sheet to calculate their cost, and if you have any questions regarding a specific player feel free to reach out to the hosting team.

Note 2: Retained players for regular season are tier locked out of the tiers they noted as "Tiers NOT played" in last year's signup, regardless of what they note for this year's signup.

Manager Signups will close at 11:59 PM GMT-4 on December 24th or potentially a bit sooner/later depending on signups.

Have fun everyone!

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Manager name: Sabelette
Co-manager name: corvere
First Team Preference: B
Second Team Preference: C and we rebrand

TLDR I had my managerial debut this last RBYPL, we won the whole thing, now I want to try to take the team I played for last ALTPL to the top. I'll be doing my GSC/ADV research + corvere my GSC GOAT will add a lot of knowledge here :D If we get Rattatas I'm rebranding to something with Sandshrews but if we get laxes we are absolutely keeping the greatest logo/name OAT intact

Edit: I also unofficially managed for Snorlaxes since we always knew they were buying me, and I am the one who named the team so please give us Snorlaxes so I can continue a franchise I was involved in originating please and thanks

Last edited:

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
Manager name: Sabelette
Co-manager name: corvere
First Team Preference: B
Second Team Preference: C and we rebrand

TLDR I had my managerial debut this last RBYPL, we won the whole thing, now I want to try to take the team I played for last ALTPL to the top. I'll be doing my GSC/ADV research + corvere my GSC GOAT will add a lot of knowledge here :D If we get Rattatas I'm rebranding to something with Sandshrews but if we get laxes we are absolutely keeping the greatest logo/name OAT intact
confirming. i just won gscpl btw

Last edited:
Manager name: dawnbuster
Co-manager name: Concept Everything
Returning manager: Nope
First Team Preference: D, rebrand
Second Team Preference: C, again Rebrand

I will manage the tour I really wanted to manage last year. I am very familiar with the GSC metagames, while Concept Everything knows ADV and RBY. I have managed a couple of tours before, including GSC PL 2 where I made it to finals.

I want to self buy and play GSC PU.

Last edited:

BeeOrSomething

Daylight Savings Time sucks
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Manager name: BeeOrSomething
Co-manager name: Teh
First team preference: D
Second team preference: C, rebrand

I managed the Sleepy Snorlaxes in GSCPL to great success, never losing a week in the regular season and only getting eliminated in semis after being taken to tiebreaks. I would also consider myself to have strong knowledge of GSC UU and GSC NU, and at least some idea of the RBY tiers/GSC Ubers. Teh meanwhile is a very active and enthusiastic RBY lower tier player and can bring knowledge of RBY tiers and GSC PU. I also played in this tournament last year on the Trailblazer Torchics to solid success and have learned a lot about other lower tiers.

Last edited:

Teh

the saint
is a Pre-Contributor
Manager name: BeeOrSomething
Co-manager name: Teh
First team preference: C, rebrand
Second team preference: D

I managed the Sleepy Snorlaxes in GSCPL to great success, never losing a week in the regular season and only getting eliminated in semis after being taken to tiebreaks. I would also consider myself to have strong knowledge of GSC UU and GSC NU, and at least some idea of the RBY tiers/GSC Ubers. Teh meanwhile is a very active and enthusiastic RBY lower tier player and can bring knowledge of RBY tiers and GSC PU.
confirming. i just won rbypl btw

As for our qualifications, since some users may question it, i won back to back spls and was on the first team to do so, besides having a history of playing both officials and unofficials on adv/gsc tiers, having played both adv uu and nu on several ocasions (uupl, uusd, nusd) and also having played gsc uu on uupl. Excal won scl as a manager, is an accomplished rbyer and also has a ton of experience in tournaments. We compliment each other perectly and are able to cover every gen and help our players on every tier on this tour. We are willing to give our best and lead the snorlaxes to glory.

Manager name: Beleth
Co-manager name: Inder
Returning manager: n
First Team Preference: C (rebranding)
Second Team Preference: D or F rebranding too

Really motivated and already have experience managing, Inder won UPL as manager and reached recent Teamballo finals, also Inder and i are the best duo so trust the process.

Concept Everything

Neko no Ensekan
is a Pre-Contributor
Manager name: dawnbuster
Co-manager name: Concept Everything
Returning manager: Nope
First Team Preference: D, rebrand
Second Team Preference: C, again Rebrand

I will manage the tour I really wanted to manage last year. I am very familiar with the GSC metagames, while Concept Everything knows ADV and RBY. I have managed a couple of tours before, including GSC PL 2 where I made it to finals.

I want to self buy and play GSC PU.
Confirming

Manager name: Glue
Co-manager name: HSOWA
First Team Preference: A & F / D & E (Rebrand) We like Mawile & Misdreavus equally
Second Team Preference: C & B (Rebrand) Tangela

I managed Team UK in WCOP and I managed Roapl. I won BLT 6 as a manager.
I have played ADV UU and NU competitively in UUPL, UU Snake, NUPL, NU Snake and ADVPL.

HSOWA has managed 2 Roapls and LC winter league
HSOWA has played ADV NU and RBY Ubers

Hiro'

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
RoA Leader
The teams and managers for this second edition of the Ancient Lower Tiers Premier League will be:

:shuckle: Shuckle Soldiers - Hyogafodex and Excal
:snorlax: Slay Queen Snorlaxes - Sabelette and corvere
:unown: TBD - Beleth and Inder
:Torchic: Trailblazer Torchics - BeeOrSomething and Teh
:Cradily: Criminal Cradilys - Amaranth and Maître Apagnan
:Piloswine: Permafrozen Piloswines - Glue and HSOWA

If you chose to rebrand, please contact BigFatMantis or myself as soon as possible with your new mascot and team name.
If you choose to rebrand, you MUST choose a pokemon mascot from the same gen as the team you are rebranding. For example if you want to rebrand to the Persevering Pidgeottos :Pidgeotto: then you need to be assigned either Team B or Team C as those are the two teams with Gen 1 mascots.

Player signups will be up momentarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)