An #underused RMT

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
INTRODUCTION:

Hello all, and welcome to my RMT. This UU team is probably the best and most solid team that I have ever built, and now that Smogon Tour is over (for me) and DPP is winding to a close, it’s about time to retire it. With various versions of this team, I won two UU Tours in Smogon Tour (and got 24 points total in UU, highest out of all players), beat Folgorio numerous times, and made a decent name for myself in UU. It is a pretty solid team, one that I would say has no serious weaknesses. However, it is by no means infallible, and there are certain Pokemon who can cause some problems for me. Thus, even though I won’t extensively use this team much more, I am open to any suggestions that would help improve it.

I would say that this team is pretty much the epitome of a “balance” team, as it has a nice blend of offensive and defensive Pokemon and aims for overall utility and cohesiveness as a team rather than being focused around one sweeper. This team also has pretty tremendous staying power, as all three members of my Fire/Water/Grass core have reliable recovery moves and are rather bulky. The goal of the team is to simply wear down the opponent by any means necessary, which is usually accomplished by just keeping as many Pokemon alive as possible while predicting and switching correctly. Each Pokemon on my team serves many roles at once, and this blanket coverage allows the team to comfortably deal with many common threats. Without further ado, I present to you:

AN #UNDERUSED TEAM

Team-building process:

I started this team in the pre-Heracross meta. I wanted to build around a double-Grass core of Leafeon and Venusaur that could easily over power most teams.

I then added in Registeel, SpD Arcanine, and Donphan to add defensive and support, Stealth Rock, and a Rapid Spinner.

Registeel and Arcanine worked to counter the fast special attackers who could easily revenge kill my two sweepers, such as Alakazam and Mismiagius. Arcanine also easily walled the fuck out of all Weezing, who could hard-counter both of my sweepers. Donphan could switch into Registeel, who also walls both Grass-types, all day and even gets free turns to spam EQ, Head Smash, or Rapid Spin.

Finally, I added a Sharpedo anti-lead to stop any setup from the lead slot. This version of the team won a tour in the first UU week, with Leafeon and Donphan tearing through the opposition.

After Heracross dropped, I decided that I had to make some changes. Folgorio had suggested changing Sharpedo to Mismagius, and that was an easy choice. Mismagius was just as an effective as a Taunt anti-lead and was a lot bulkier, while also bringing important resistances to Fighting- and Bug-type attacks.

I then changed Venusaur's set from Special Life Orb to physically defensive, since Heracross and other Fighting-types like Hitmonlee were causing me a good amount of trouble.

However, I eventually replaced Venusaur with Milotic, since she provides an additional hard counter to Moltres and Houndoom while also taking care of Azumarill and DD Feraligatr. This turned out to be the final version of the team.

At a glance:

This team has kind of a ‘throwback’ look to it, as it doesn’t use the recently-UU Heracross and is composed largely of staples from the past metagame. I guess there’s only one thing to say about that: it still works amazingly. It also may appear to be bog standard, with Pokemon among the most used of UU. Again, it simply works: the standard is standard for a reason, and who’s to say that this team if a product of the metagame rather than being responsible for defining it?

Mismagius @ Leftovers **** Folgorio
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpA
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

A bit of an unorthodox lead to start things off, but it’s one of the best in the business and people are starting to catch on to it. Even though Folgorio sucks to the infinity, I have to give him the credit for coming up with the idea to lead with Missy, and then deciding to make it bulky. Lead Mismagius pretty much stops all entry hazards in the beginning of the match, as she is extremely hard to KO and can use Taunt to stop any setup or Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers like Kabutops and Qwilfish, who may try to predict by attacking right off the bat. Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt won’t be doing that much damage without any investment, but they still take care of the pixies and the fossils, respectively.

After Mismagius accomplishes its job of wreaking havoc from the lead slot, she can easily switch out and come back later to combat Fighting-types and block Rapid Spin from the likes of Donphan. The scarcity of Pursuiters in UU makes Missy rather durable, as almost nothing can straight up OHKO her with her base 105 Special Defense and ability to burn any physical attackers. As such, her usefulness extends throughout the match, and I usually need to keep her healthy to deal with Heracross and other dangerous sweepers, as she is my only Fighting resist.

Missy is named after Folgorio, as he came up with the set. Also, his vagina shakes in anticipation when he sees Eo, much like how Missy’s does when she’s up against an inferior lead ripe for the picking like Uxie.

Milotic @ Leftovers **** Eo Ut Mortus
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
- Surf
- Hidden Power Grass
- Recover
- Toxic

Standard Milotic, nothing much to see here. I went with the standard EV spread since it’s pretty much exactly what this team needs: a full stop to Moltres, Rhyperior, and Heracross (after Arcanine switches in and Intimidates him). Surf and Recover are givens on its moveset, while HP Grass and Toxic allow it to take care of bulkier Water-type sweepers like Azumarill while also being able to cripple opposing Milotic and specially defensive Arcanine. I chose to forgo Ice Beam, since Arcanine and Registeel together are able to switch into almost every Grass-type and take care of it.

Unlike most teams, Milotic doesn’t really serve as a safety net against a wide range of sweepers. Rather, she is only a portion of my defensive core, as almost every threat that she takes care of is at least somewhat covered by her teammates. This way, I don’t put too much pressure on keeping her alive, since she is not the only Pokemon standing in the way of a sweep by, say, Houndoom or Alakazam. However, Milotic remains one of the best all-purpose Pokemon in the metagame, so she certainly pulls her weight on this team.

Milotic is named after Eo, since she is the most defensive member of the team and Eo is using bs stall even in this Heracross meta. Also, Eo is just as extremely effeminate as Milotic, and is beautiful as well (perhaps only in The Cicada’s eyes, but still).

Leafeon @ Life Orb **** PK Gaming
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Leaf Blade
- Double-Edge
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis

Swords Dance Leafeon takes on the role of sweeper on this team, and is the only completely offensively-geared member. The moveset is standard, with Double-Edge over Return to provide some extra punch, allowing +2 Leafeon to OHKO Venusaur and Moltres without Stealth Rock or residual damage. With her great Speed and excellent Attack, which is further boosted by Life Orb and hopefully Swords Dance, Leafeon is fully capable of quickly running through any team that lacks Registeel or Weezing. However, she is not merely a sweeper; Leafeon’s sky-high Defense stat allows her to switch in against physical attackers like Swords Dance Kabutops and Rock Polish Torterra (and Dragon Dance Feraligatr in a pinch) and either eliminate them with Leaf Blade or set up with Swords Dance.

Because of Leafeon’s good defensive capabilities, she fits rather well on this team. She can function perfectly as a sweeper while at the same time checking some physical threats without even having to invest in HP or Defense. Synthesis helps greatly when breaking down stall teams, as it allows Leafeon to freely set up on weak attackers like Torterra and Hitmontop. Synthesis also extends Leafeon’s lifespan, which means that she will likely have more than one chance to initiate a sweep.

Leafeon is named after PK Gaming, since both of them are just cool in general. Leafeon has also gained recognition after languishing in NU for a long time, while PK Gaming is really improving in UU and is becoming a top-tier player.

Donphan @ Leftovers **** Bluewind
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 244 Atk / 172 Def / 92 Spe
- Earthquake
- Head Smash
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Shard

Donphan serves as my Rapid Spinner and emergency physical wall. This set deviates a bit from the standard, and I’d say that it is much more useful overall. Rapid Spin and Earthquake are givens on practically any Donphan set, but Head Smash and Ice Shard really help to make Donphan an offensive threat. Head Smash really should be standard, as it packs a huge punch (effectively giving Donphan two 150 Base Power moves that have practically perfect coverage together) and hits those annoying Levitating Ghost-types for massive damage. Ice Shard provides the ever-useful priority, allowing Donphan to finish off weakened, frail sweepers.

Since every team should pack a reliable switch-in against Registeel, Donphan fits into this team rather well. The EVs may seem odd, and they kind of are. First off, I dumped 84 EVs in Speed in order to 2HKO Clefable with Earthquake, as Clefable is a pretty big problem for this team. Then, as more and more people started doing the same, and after battling Folgorio one time, I decided to up the Speed Creep ante and run 92 Speed. I pretty much outspeed all Clefable, Azumarill, and opposing Donphan, allowing Donphan to wreak some unexpected havoc at opportune times. I then put in 252 EVs in Attack and the rest in Defense, but then I shifted 8 EVs from Attack into Defense to make Donphan a bit bulkier. I invest in Defense rather than HP because at times I need Donphan to check Heracross and Rhyperior, which he would have trouble doing without these EVs. However, I am considering moving them to HP to take Seismic Tosses a bit better.

Donphan is named after Bluewind, since elephants are a very common animal in Bluewind’s native Amazon rainforest climate. Also, this Donphan set is pretty much extremely sexy, as was Bluewind’s performance thus far in Smogon Tour.

Registeel @ Leftovers **** Bad Ass
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
- Seismic Toss
- Shadow Claw
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Standard Registeel here. It’s incredibly predictable and limited offensively, but it still does its job incredibly well. Registeel’s great defenses and typing allows it to come in without any risk on so much of the tier that it’s ridiculous. Because of this, it is the perfect Pokemon to set up Stealth Rock with: even though it will most certainly attract Ground-types like Donphan and Torterra, I have enough defensive support on the rest of the team to ensure that these easy switches do not break through the defensive core.

The rest of the moveset lets Registeel do its job. Seismic Toss hits for consistent damage, while Shadow Claw lets Regi counter Mismagius and Rotom. Thunder Wave is always useful for crippling random sweepers. Max HP and SpD allow Registeel to counter almost every special attacker in UU, while Arcanine easily takes care of the Fire-types who can break through Registeel. The combination of Registeel + Arcanine renders this team largely impervious to any special assaults, as their great synergy and awesome bulk can shut down pretty much any special attacker.

Registeel is called Bad Ass, since it resembles Bad Ass’s dick very closely. The red spots on its body are dickeys (dick hickeys) from extraordinary amounts of sucking on it by girls, which the arms and legs just serve to add to the pleasure. Also, both are hard and refuse to be put down. At least according to Bad Ass.

Arcanine @ Leftovers **** uragg
Nature: Careful
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Morning Sun
- Toxic

Specially defensive Arcanine is the final member of the team, and, in my humble opinion, the ULTIMATE glue Pokemon in UU. While Arcanine really can’t act as a defensive bulwark against some of the more powerful sweepers, it can check about 80% of the metagame when it needs to. This set has certainly gotten popular in the relative short time that it’s been around, and for good reason. Arcanine blends good enough bulk and reliable recovery with good power and Speed, making a monster that is almost impossible to switch into without getting a Pokemon crippled. Flare Blitz and Extremespeed still hit hard enough to take care of frail sweepers like Zam and Missy, while Toxic cripples pretty much anything that would want to switch in against Arcanine.

Arcanine sort of just reinforces the defensive cohesiveness of this team, and he can serve as a backup check to pretty much any sweeper when I need him to. Apart from being just generally useful, Arcanine (sadly) my primary Heracross check. Intimidate helps weaken Hera and lets the rest of the team switch in easily, while Flare Blitz threatens to OHKO almost all versions. As mentioned before, Arcanine and Registeel team up to wall and eliminate all special attackers, and with Milotic added to the mix, almost every sweeper in the tier is thoroughly checked by at least two Pokemon on the team.

Arcanine is named after me, because I am an egomaniac. I invented the set as simply a tank who could plug in some holes on an offensive team, and look how far it’s come: it’s one of the best and most used Pokemon in the metagame. This is kind of analogous to my journey through the UU tier, coming out of unimportance and anonymity to become one of the better UU players. Also, Arcanine is pretty fucking badass. Like I am.

THREAT LIST

I’m not going to really bother with a huge long threat list here, as almost all threats are decently covered. However, a few big ones are:

: My best switchin against this monster is SpD Arcanine, which says something about this team. RestTalk Bulk Up variants aren’t as problematic as pure stallbreaker ones (SD, Toxic Orb, Choice Band), who can really tear through this team with proper prediction. Leafeon does some huge damage to offensive versions though, while both Donphan and Milotic can reliably switch in after Heracross has been Intimidated.

: Goddamn. This thing. Is. Such. A. Huge. BITCH. Probably the most problematic Pokemon to this team. Luckily, it’s been on the decline with Heracross roaming the streets of UU. Donphan outspeeds and 2HKOes with EQ and Leafeon can easily KO at +2 with Leaf Blade, but Clefable with a moveset of Thunder Wave/Softboiled/Encore/Seismic Toss dicks with this team to no end. For this reason, I’ve been tempted to replace Leafeon with RestTalk Life Orb Heracross (RTCross).

: Life Orb versions are easily dealt with by Milo and Arcanine, but SubRoost versions give this team a lot of trouble. I have to rely on smart switching to reset Toxic counters on Milo and Arcanine as well as keeping Stealth Rock down in order to emerge victorious.

CONCLUSION:

Not much left to say; it’s about time to retire this team. Rate, steal, whatever. Although DPP UU is pretty much done, I’d still be happy to take any suggestions for improvement. Thanks for reading!

#underused
Even though I only have 6 slots on the team, all of you guys are great, even our resident Mexicans tito and rey. Special thanks to:

IBanez: nigga you made have had an epic failure of a name change, but you’re still awesome. One day I’ll stop getting destroyed by you so often, and thanks for supporting me since way back when we were UU ladder noobs.
franky: glad to hear you got off the drugs, and good to see you back. To show my appreciation, I’m not even gonna make a Canadian joke here.

Shace: just an all-around awesome nigga who’s always willing to test stupid shit with me. One of the most promising users out there.

Alan: for posting a lot

Jumpluff: for being female and providing some classic moments

EDIT:

iconig: for being a nerd

MDragon: for being Spanish

Hi there, this is a great team and your performance in the Smogon Cup has proven this, but I have a few suggestions to improve it greatly.
Spike Stacking Teams that don't use their stacker in the lead can give you issues, as it requires you to switch to Mismagius which gives them a free layer up on you, as all of your pokemon are grounded except Mismagius this can be a huge issue. A Sturdy blocker like Bulky Mismagius (similar set to your lead) will give Donphan issues while trying to spin the spikes. To fix this i recommend that you change Donphan's set a bit and add Assurance over Head Smash, as Donphan already hates the recoil as he has no way to heal back that damage other than Leftovers. Assurance gives you reliability against most blockers along with Earthquake.
Well I wish you Good Luck in the future of UU, in the Black/White Metagame once it gets sorted lol I hope you take my advice into consideration =)

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
well, my incredibly hard dick has really taken much of the blood flow from my brain, and i am currently alternating between typing at 234 words per minute and 17 words per minute so perhaps this should be shoRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

my only suggestion is to swap the items on mismagius and leafeon. i find that mismagius is never sticking around for much longer with the leftovers anyway, and the extra kick from lo helps get more damage on stuff (e.g. 2hkoing milo, getting 30% in on clefable, more on spdef arcanine, 2hko donphan, etc). leafeon also doesnt need life orb, just double edge. and life orb and double edge is never useful.

as a final note, some uragg x the cicada x eo fanfic.

I had longed for him for longer than even I could remember. My friends, however, remembered the exact date which i began yearning for him. I had talked incessantly about him, filling many damp, sweaty nights gasping for breath at the monumental release of endorphins that rushed through my brain at the peak of my pleasure.

Oh, yes, I wanted him terribly.

But he was taken. His boyfriend was beautiful as well, long face, with two pieces of hair always slightly sticking up. His voice had a metallic chirp to it, just a slight rolling of the r that made him so sweet. He had muscles. Not bodybuilder muscles, mind you, but the muscles to caress you and hold you tight during a bout of lovemaking. I am sure he had felt Eo's sweet ramrod many a time, yet I could never bring myself to think about it, someone penetrating and being penetrated by MY swarthy prince. I could feel myself moisten at the mere thought of his name. There must be some way to separate the Prince and his bug. But how...

I lathered my hair, so thick. How did Eo like a woman's hair? Cicada had short hair. Long enough to give him a certain air of sex appeal, short enough to be kept tame and gentlemanly. Eo had a luscious hairstyle; gorgeous jet black hair swooshing down ever-so-lightly over his eyebrows, ever-so-gently. Once in a while he would brush it back, giving a better view of his eyes. Oh, his eyes! The deep brown could stare into a woman's very soul, very being. And they had on more than one occasion. His hair smelled of the best thing I had ever smelled, a sweet lavender field in the midst of a Spring's bloom, with the slightest hint of kiwi fruit. Once I had stood behind him in a line, standing on my very tip toes, and gotten the slightest whiff of his mane. It was the most beautiful scent on Earth.

Today I am going to approach Eo. I cannot stand it. I just need to wait until the Cicada is away from him; not an easy task. the Cicada and Eo are mercilessly in love, tearing out my heart at every possible opportunity with their young-and-in-love kissing, the slight slip of a tongue into the other's mouth. That should be my tongue. That fucking bug stealing my sweet Prince from me, I should take an ax and slam it into his man-stealing skull. And I want to. With every fiber of my being, I want to. I refrain only for my sweet prince.

I finally found Eo alone, sitting with his hand on his forehead, fingers sifting through his hair, lest is dangle below his eyes as he reads some text; is it Arabic? Has he gone to the point of learning his love's language? This may be more difficult than previously imagined. I unbuttoned the uppermost button of my blouse and sauntered over to Eo. There was a chair directly across from him. My knees felt like the sweet man-gravy that Eo had hidden deep with in him. I stumbled. Eo felt a disturbance -- the slightest movement disrupting the air around him. He twitched, pulling his hand out of his hair and moving his head oh so slightly. He flicked his eyes at me and looked back at his book. I took a seat next to him.

"Hello," I said. "Uh, hi." Eo glanced at me like, who the fuck is this girl?. I knew I had to make a better first impression. "Is that Arabic?" I tried to make some small talk. "Yeah." Eo's hardened outer shell was still not broken. "That's a book on animals, right? I can tell from the cover." All he muttered was a soft "Yeah". I knew Eo's one weakness, and I was closing in fast. Soon, Eo would be holding a firm hand on the base of my back as he entered me from....can't get wet yet, Uragg, keep yourself calm. "You know I used to raise some animals myself...bunnies, in fact."

SEE THE REST AT GODADDY.COM

WARNING: WEB CONTENT IS UNRATED!!!!

ps good job in the smogon cup

Nas

Banned deucer.
28 speed evs on arcanine will be very beneficial to you...it will let you outspeed the Jolly Torterra's...which currently give your team lots of grief...also outspeeds HeysupSaur...

also consider haze on milotic...it will let you not be raped by crotomb and other stat boosters...

otherwise very sexy...

I think yours is a very brave team ... you run one Fighting resist, a ghost who's vulnerable to Pursuit. While I've also noticed fewer Pursuiters recently, it's still possible you face one, for example:

You lead Mismagius vs. Uxie - you Taunt, he U-turns to Scarf Heracross. Heracross uses Pursuit (ouch). Once Mismagius is dead Heracross can freely spam Close Combat and sweep your entire team, especially if SR is up. I think you really could use a second Fighting resist somewhere, although exactly where I don't know. Do you need to run max speed on Mismagius? Offensive Uxie runs at 95 base speed, Qwilfish at 85 base speed, etc. Max speed Mismagius outspeed all of them by a mile. You could run lower speed and add some kick to Mismagius's SpA.

Also RestTalk Milotic + Registeel walls almost your entire team. I think you could try a different sweeper instead of Leafeon (Sceptile? Torterra?).

Finally I think you can try your own RestTalk Milotic. SpD Arcanine already walls other Milotic + already has Toxic, and RestTalk Milotic pwns Moltres npnp (not to mention can somewhat wall Heracross if it's asleep).

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the rates everybody.

McNUTTY: Although it is true that Head Smash recoil wears down Donphan quickly, I still prefer its raw power and versatility over Assurance. Assurance is incredibly weak if I don't hit Ghosts on the switch with Stealth Rock down, which is certainly not a given. Head Smash, however, easily 2HKOes both Rotom and Mismagius when followed by Ice Shard. It also hits Heracross and Moltres a lot harder than Assurance.

Bad Ass: hmm, Lefties on Leafeon seems like an interesting idea that I'll have to try out. Her damage output at +0 certainly takes a hit, and Double-Edge won't be able to OHKO Moltres and Venusaur without hazards at +2, but it's worth a test. For Mismagius, the extra bulk actually really helps it stay alive throughout the midgame. However, a more offensive LO lead could work as well, so I'll test that as well.

RT: Leafeon takes on Torterra like a bo$$, so I'm not sure how much I need Arcanine for Torterra killing purposes. Donphan also hits offensive versions hard with Ice Shard. Haze would probably fit over Toxic rather nicely on Milo, and the only reason why I'm not currently using it is because I wanted Milo to be able to deal with opposing Milo. However I think that Haze would be more helpful overall, and Leafeon still does take care of Milotic pretty well.

Banedon: Scarf Heracross is actually the least threatening Heracross for me to face, as it can't 2HKO Arcanine or Milotic with CC. However, it is true that a second Fighting resist would help me. It would probably have to fit in Leafeon's slot, so I would need a sweeper who can break RegiMilo while being able to switch into Heracross. Max Speed is absolutely necessary on Mismagius; its usefulness isn't just limited to the lead slot, and not even having a chance to tie with opposing Missy and Scyther is really painful. RestTalk Milo would deal with SubRoost Moltres, but leaves me more open to sweepers like DD Feraligatr and Heracross since it's more focused on SpD than Defense. If there's a sweeper who can destroy Clefable, Milotic, and Registeel while being able to deal with Torterra and Heracross decently, I will be glad to use it over Leafeon.

I want a Pokemon that can sweep your team, RT's team, Eo's team, ToF's team, Heysup's team and Bluewind's team, regardless of which Pokemon they're using!!1!

Lol :D

But you could consider Sceptile. LO Sceptile with Leaf Storm, Focus Blast and HP Ice / Psychic can break through RegiMilo + hit Torterra or Heracross super-effectively, outspeeding the latter as well. It cannot, however, switch into Heracross.

I think you should reconsider the speed EVs on Mismagius, because you do not need to tie with other Mismagius and Scyther - other Mismagius are (generally) handled by Registeel, while Scyther by Arcanine (and to a lesser extent, Registeel). So you might as well run less speed ... as for RestTalk Milotic, it still checks Feraligatr and Azumarill quite well in my experience, but you could run 252/252+ Defense if you're worried. Unorthodox, but all you lose is Toxic, which isn't that important since you have Arcanine.

Finally, as for Arcanine, Jolly Choice Scarf Heracross Close Combat vs. 252/4 Arcanine is 39.8% - 46.9%. That really is deadly if Stealth Rock is up. You have no time to Morning Sun and have to Extremespeed. You could go to Milotic after the Intimidate of course, but then Arcanine would never be able to switch in again. The same Close Combat vs. 252/252+ Milotic is 40.6% - 48%, which would again be deadly if Milotic has taken prior damage (which isn't that hard, since Milotic is expected to tank so many Pokemon ...). I think you really could use a second Fighting resist somewhere, but I don't know where to put it. Physically defensive Arcanine might help, but that's a Pokemon I've not used yet so I don't know.

gl :)

PS: I do think there are no elephants in the Amazon rainforest.

EDIT: Looking at the analysis page it seems physically defensive Arcanine is tailored for OU. It doesn't even have Morning Sun, a move I would certainly give Arcanine in UU. I don't know how it works in UU. It would also mean you lose SpD Arcanine. Considering what you use Arcanine for, I don't think that's a good idea. I don't have any more ideas then ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)