SV OU ALOMOMOLA VOLT-TURN BALANCE - PEAKED #1, 2038 ft. Thundurus-Therian

I offer tutoring and you can sign up with this link: https://forms.gle/74XyWZxGkSpBJM26A

• Cool, I knew that.

Votes: 13 11.4%
  • I didn't know that!

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Crabominable?

Votes: 74 64.9%

• Total voters
If I tell I didn't hate this team I would be lying. I am running against a lot on the ladder and if with this entire article it is still very hard playing against it. Amazing team, Pinka :) 10/10

Great team, saw it a ton while doing reqs and feels like prob the most common team on ladder rn, big fan of the Thundy I love seeing that guy shine and Knock is a really cool tech on Specs that I feel like ppl fall into the trap of never clicking. Alo set is prob the coolest metagame innovation I’ve seen since the DLC lmao good shit

How do you normally play this vs Manaphy? I notice that it’s not in the listed threats but a bunch of times I’ve ran into it I swept with double dance, granted that a lot of the time they don’t preserve Red Card, go Gking on it and give free setup but yeah after a Take Heart and post-Tera it’s hard for Thundy to muscle past it without sacking guys to get volts off, I figure there’s a better way to handle it but yh curious of how you’d recommend dealing w/ that mon (even if it’s just holding onto Red Card for longer)

Great team, saw it a ton while doing reqs and feels like prob the most common team on ladder rn, big fan of the Thundy I love seeing that guy shine and Knock is a really cool tech on Specs that I feel like ppl fall into the trap of never clicking. Alo set is prob the coolest metagame innovation I’ve seen since the DLC lmao good shit

How do you normally play this vs Manaphy? I notice that it’s not in the listed threats but a bunch of times I’ve ran into it I swept with double dance, granted that a lot of the time they don’t preserve Red Card, go Gking on it and give free setup but yeah after a Take Heart and post-Tera it’s hard for Thundy to muscle past it without sacking guys to get volts off, I figure there’s a better way to handle it but yh curious of how you’d recommend dealing w/ that mon (even if it’s just holding onto Red Card for longer)
Yea double dance Manaphy is certainly a big threat, I've struggled with it as well. Sadly the only real answer is holding onto your red card longer-- I like to go hard into Thundurus if I suspect Double Dance, and use Volt Switch. This will force them to Tera (likely Dragon), as you Volt Switch. This is a major advantage that you can utilize. That being said, Alomomola WILL get OHKOd by a fully boosted Stored Power, so you need to bait an attack (ideally Scald). I use Kingambit to do this.

The best way of handling Manaphy is to just keep offensive pressure up, and never give it an easy entree opportunity. Basically against Manaphy, avoid letting it enter on the passive pokemon of the team (Glowking and Alomomola) unless you're using Flip Turn or Chilly Reception as it comes in. If Thundurus is in on Manaphy, instead of using Volt Swich, if you strongly suspect Tera you can also go for Knock Off. Removing Leftovers is MASSIVE, and once you force them out with Alomomola Red Card, there's no way their manaphy will be able to stand up to Slowking-Galar Ice Beam + Cinderace U-turn chip without Leftovers.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey Pinka,

I just wanted to say, this is an incredible team. Used it a bit for my suspect run, I just wanted to commend you on building it because it's not often I pilot a team and am just impressed with how easy it is to use and overall favorable matchups for the most part. Very glad it's considered a sample team, thanks again for posting Pinka it's given me a new found respect for Thundurus-Therian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)