AAA Almost Any Ability Seasonal - Round 11 (Losers Finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Art by Senko

Welcome to the Almost Any Ability Seasonal!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • 2023 OM Circuit information.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Almost Any Ability ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown and can be found on the strategy dex.
  • Best of three, double elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • S/V cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Replays are REQUIRED.

Round 11

Atha vs Siamato

Deadline is Sunday, August 20 at 11:59 PM EDT (UTC-4).

Last edited:
Won in 2, ggs out of respect Atha, you're still the AAA goat even though Osake and myself keep saying you're washed, vieux débris va :heart:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9almostanyability-1928154937
I know atha really loves playing Fire mons and even Fire core sometimes cuz they can perfectly work together. That's why I decided to go with an excellent Fire MU keeping WBB Treads and luring EE (could have been EE Treads and WBB Lando). atha outplayed but the MU was just so defavorable to him so I could play very safely and still win without much to worry about. Somehow sad it ended to a MU win but that's also the game we play and it's especially true in AAA. Let's just say my prep was better?
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9almostanyability-1928166996 (atha timed out but I'm not taking timer win against a friend so I accepted Isaiah's proposal to recreate it through logs, thanks for the proposal.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9almostanyability-1928178766
The HO vs HO MU we all fear to play cuz one play can end the game in an instant. I decided to try this Focus Sash Techni Beat Up Weavile Career Ended played during testing games against us quite a long time ago with some really heat Offense (non Screens or Sticky based) and I decided to try that myself cuz it's neat and worked well against both of us if I remember well. I went with the Aerial Ace tech to catch some Intimi Quaqua and making Dred able to sweep easier than what you think. Then it's quite standard, I feel EnamT Triage and ZamaC are Offense stapples due to the utility they offer defensively and are excellent wincons. I wanted a Ground or any Elec immunity to not lose to simple Vswitch spam so I first picked VA double dance Corv cuz atha lost to WBB one against Osake. But after playing Osake in a testing game and losing to Proto Boost Lucario I decided Proto Lando might do a great job offering some revenge killing options while being hard to revenge kill itself. Quaqua was initially the classical MGLO double dance (spin) set but I changed it to Psea double dance because I needed MG on Drednaw. Dland Moth being fake nowadays it looked fine.

In-game, atha played quite well and was perhaps in a winning position with Haxorus (depends on what Protean type it gets) but the crit with Quaqua just ruined it. Still the game went on and ended up in a really difficult situation but I think I had better odds thanks to Rock Slide OHKO roll and flinch chances anw.

Mitigated on this BO against my friend that was the only one I was really hyped for so far (I wanted to play my other friends but The Number Man and Ivar57 lost earlier cuz they're bad and Osake was too scared to enter when atha and me were in smh). It felt an interesting BO but wasn't really clean due to almost autowin MU and crit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)