Approved Allow more flexibility in modlog searches

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
This has for sure been suggested before in different formats but I'm going to make another attempt in order to generalise the suggestions into a format that seems both easy to implement and easy to use. The gist of the problem is this: There are various scenarios where you might want to search modlog without viewing all the clutter from actions you don't really want to see.

To this end, I've seen a suggestion that said "allow us to exclude certain actions when searching modlog." I'd like to turn this suggestion around: Allow for "or" in modlog searches. I don't think this would be particularly hard to implement (just needs a bit of thinking about intuitive syntax), and the performance hit shouldn't be significant either.

Primarily, I'd want this so I can /modlog action=[mute | ban | hourmute | warn | blacklist], which would mean I can use /punishlog if it weren't for modnotes showing up in punishlog which...

[2024-01-28]
[09:00pm] (1v1) NOTE: by secura: OFFICIAL: gen9
[06:30pm] (1v1) NOTE: by secura: OFFICIAL: gen8
[02:49pm] (1v1) NOTE: by secura: OFFICIAL: gen5
[12:00pm] (1v1) NOTE: by secura: OFFICIAL: monopoke
[11:40am] (1v1) NOTE: by secura: OFFICIAL: gen7
[09:00am] (1v1) NOTE: by secura: OFFICIAL: gen9
[07:45am] (1v1) NOTE: by secura: OFFICIAL: gen9
[12:00am] (1v1) NOTE: by secura: OFFICIAL: monopoke

so an alternative suggestion is to remove modnotes from /punishlog but I don't actually think that's desirable.

Annika

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
This should be very possible; if anyone wants to implement it feel free to make a PR and ping me about it in the Smogon Development Discord server. If not, I can do it, but I might not have time for a month or two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)