AIDS Bunny (mega lop RMT) [RIP M-Lop]

Hello everyone, this is my first RMT since BW(which was my first post) and since I've still been a huge fan of RU and been an avid player. I kinda lost interest during late XY, but decided to make a comeback to the tier after Galladite was banned this gen. I ended up talking to some friends who play the tier and came to the conclusion I wanted to make a Lopunny-Mega team. It's been very successful so far and focuses on Lopunny and Cresselia as the team's main win conditions.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- High Jump Kick

I knew right when I saw Lopunny's standard sets that i wanted to run a Sub PuP Lopunny since it gives Lopunny a chance to beat some of its checks with a bit of prior damage once it nets a plus one. Lopunny acts as a late game cleaner, good general speed, win condition, and can give stall a fair bit of issues if it gets rolling with a few Power-Up Punches. Honestly its a pretty simple straightforward set, and it can be, because Lopunny is just that damn effective.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Moonblast

Cresselia is such an amazing pokemon in this meta I instantly knew it would be a staple on my team. The way it sits right now Cresselia basically checks any pokemon that doens't carry a crazy strong stab or super effective move. Sub CM gives Cresselia the option to mop up stall and be less vulnerable to toxic and other statuses since my team is far to offensive to make room for a cleric. Cresselia offers great synergy with Lopunny as it takes the fighting type priority that may be sent Lopunny's way and can take Fletchinder's acrobatics easily as well. It also is a very strong secondary win condition alongside Lopunny as Lopunny manhandles the steel types and other pokemon that give this set issues and Cresselia can wall or set up on many of the pokemon that force Lopunny out. I chose moonblast as my attacking move because it offers me the best overall balance of power and coverage. The EVs make me as bulky as possible while still outpacing jolly Pangoro so I can kill it with Moonblast.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
I wanted a good momentum grabber, stealth rocker, and knock off discourager. Thankfully I got all of this and more with Coballion! Support Coballion really helps the team because of its great defensive synergy with Cresselia, its support in Stealth Rock, and the momentum it can grab with volt switch. I chose support Cobalion because I wanted more bulk and Taunt is nice to stop entry hazards and status moves.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power Water
Jolteon isn't useful as much as I would like it to be, but it can definitely do what I added to the team for, and that is to act as an offensive check to Pidgeot-Mega and Fletchinder while also putting loads of pressure on the opponent with a strong Volt Switch. It also gives me a nice way to check choiced electric types as pokemon like Specs Magneton can have a lot of fun with my team. The Evs and IVs allow for max power and speed, while also minimizing foul play damage and keeping my Hidden power of choice: water. I chose HP water because it provides my with an SE hit on gligar and rhyperior and is generally the most effective hidden power typing for Jolteon sets.

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang

The savage himself! Tyrantrum acts as the team's wallbreaker as adamant choice banded outrages massacres anything that isn't a fairy or a steel type. Stone Edge acts as a strong secondary stab and is useful for when I don't want to lock myself into outrage because of lurking fairy types. Fire and Ice fang both get a Strong Jaw boost and help Tyrantrum better handle Steels and Gligar, respectively. Though not the best moves to be locked into they help Tyrantrum open up holes for Cresselia and Lopunny because of what they hit.

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Swords Dance

The final member of my team Fletchinder does a great many things to help the team along, whether it be spreading burns, revenge killing, depending on the pokemon walling, and sweeping Fletchinder has saved my ass in a few different scenarios. It can fearlessly burn and/or set up on the various fighting, fairy, and steel types that give Lopunny, Cresselia, and Tyrantrum nighmares and can rather effortlessly revenge kill some of the biggest threats in the metagame like Mega Sceptile and opposing Mega Lopunny. Max attack allows Fletchinder to hit as hard as possible, while the 104 speed evs are the standard amount of speed used to help Fletch beat opposing priority with a little added speed creep for opposing Fletchinder. The rest are dumped into HP to make Fletch a little bulkier while still letting it switch into SR three times. The one problem I have is that outside of Taunt on Coballion I have no hazard control. This makes Fletch essentially death fodder in many games where my opponent gets up rocks early, making Fletch easily my most replaceable member.

Thank you for reading and I encourage you to try the team and leave your own suggestions!

IMPORTABLE
Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Moonblast

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Water]

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Swords Dance

WELL FML M-LOP GOT BANNED WHILE I WAS TYPING THIS! oh well I hope you all still like the team and leave feedback! (possible a lopunny replacement that would let the team still function ;_;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)