Other <AG> Kellogs Squad (Peak #2) (Balanced Offense)

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
To start it off,
1) Thanks to Jirachee
2) Proof of peak http://gyazo.com/c2a7b962939dc9670d32ee61caa056b9 (yes this was around a week ago lol, I haven't grinded my new alt up yet)
And without farther adieu, the RMT!

Hey again smogon, here's my AG RMT. AG is my favorite meta on smogon, I really enjoy how many different elements it has, but I am going to move on to another meta soon so don't mind posting this. AG, the only meta with OHKO moves (low ladder at least lol), SwagKeys and Mega-mence 2.0 aka M-ray, the first mon to ever get banned from ubers. I hope you enjoy reading the RMT and try the team out, but if you do use it to ladder please keep nicks the same. Sorry for lack of sprites, as I said on my last RMT I really CBA.

I wanted to build a team around the legendary M-ray and Swagkeys. I had a sample team HunterStorm sent me to introduce me to the tier, so I took some of that. Every team needs a rock setter, Primal Groudon fits the role perfectly with its ability to put in work to whole teams as well as roar support. And of course its AG, and what's AG without an ekiller? So I tossed a standard HO ekiller on the team. My team was looking decent, but I had a decently large weakness to ekillers and of course M-ray, the lum berry variant of which could 4-0 no problem. To compensate? Yveltal, the greatest phat ass bird in the meta. After that I just wanted a hard hitting fast special attacker, for all of those burnspam teams, as well as something to hit minimizemons consistently. Primal Ogre was the first choice, but after some time, I realized how much I preffered scarf ogre instead. And with that, the team!

And here we go, into the team!

Rayquaza-Mega @ Lum Berry
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- V-create

Oh Ray Ray, why must you be so godlike. This is a pretty standard ray set, the first 3 moves are pretty much universal besides the niche special mrays. The last move is commonly EQ, but I don't believe in quaking the earth, because Vcreate has much better coverage. The only thing EQ hits harder than V-create is Pdon, and really it doesn't even do 50% on bulky variants so why should that be worth the sacrificial spot? And really, anything EQ hits super effectively it does 200 and DA does 180 with stab, so its not even a notable difference. Goodbye Skarm, Fearorthorn, Genesect and Steelceus. Adamant is for that extra attacking boost, which is needed for many reasons.
I always ascent once on any espeeder within kill range of me, if they fuck up and SD thats a free ko pretty much. In fact, ascent half the time you would espeed against most mons like other mrays, diancies, wewak mons etc . Because ops will dance, switch out, or other stupid overpredicting shit and get shat on.
Alternate sets: EQ > V-create.

Crackle (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Atk / 216 Def / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Fire Punch
- Precipice Blades

After mray, the only mon to be considered being suspected from ubers. Still being considered afaik. This thing is a fucking menace. It's insane stats, coupled with an amazing ability in removing its 4x weakness leaving it only weak to ground, pdon is just a menace. This is a very weird spread, but I'll explain.
236 HP/216 Def for general phat-assness. 20 spe to speedcreep other slow pdons, and why 20 over 4-8? Because I want to speed creep other speed creepers as well xD. Adamant and 36 Atk allowing it to OHKO most other dons, as well as hit a lot of shit incredibly hard for such a small investment. SR and Roar are necessities on any pdon because it needs to do its job. The rest is just bonus! Ground coverage is a necessity, so either blades or EQ are nice depending on how big your balls are. The last move slot is up for grabs, but I chose to go for stab + weather bonus.
Alternative sets: EQ > Precipice blades, Dragon claw/Thunder Wave/Lava plume (BURN THE WORLD)>Fire punch. Dragon claw is the one I recommend to fuck those rays anally on the switchin.

Pop (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse

One of the most underrated threats in my opinion, scarf kyogre is LITERALLY legenwaitforitdary. Boasting a monsterous 150 base spA, + rain, + stab gives his water moves 300 base power. That's a LOT. Water Spout OHKO's nearly anything that doesn't resist it at full health. If you kill something with it, and they send out an ekiller, this is a hard moment. If it's a bad player, switch into yveltal always (or swagkeys if rip yves). If it's a good player, you have to consider whether you think theyll predict a switch and SD, or just go for espeed to weaken spout to the point it doesn't OHKO. Note that scarfgre does live an espeed, even after rocks, and even with LO, so you can switch out and then proceed to come back. But that is not ideal. Spout will OHKO the ekiller and its won games for me, so just gage it. Note that origin pulse does not OHKO. Origin pulse is just forf when you are too weak to spout effectively. Thunder and Ice Beam for obvious coverage. Modest, because again, 10% spA is too much to pass up on. One note with scarfgre: if they have a pdon alive, play cautiosly. Ice beam does around 40%, but if youdo something else and they predict switch, you're in big trouble.
Alternative sets: Scald > Origin pulse if you have no accuracy balls or want burn chance, Sheer cold > ice beam or > origin pulse, which is good in a pinch but really unviable.

Rice (Yveltal) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Taunt

Oh bulkyveltal, why must you be so fucking GOOD! Now, why is this thing so fuckin good in AG? A few reasons. It hard counters/borderlines walls ALL offensive ekiller variants. The defensive ones like bulkceus or fairycrus get tox'd or taunt'd and switched on. This thing can take on every arceus in the world and beyond! Oh, and Ascent from an mray just does around 45%. So you can roost right back up! Just learn to be good with predicting roost and fplay, and you'll realise how insane this is. My standard speed creep EVS, and the rest in pure def/bulk.
Alternative sets: Sucker punch/Oblivion wing > Taunt

Krispies (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Standard ekiller, not much to say. Lum because fuck yo darkrai, yo keys, and yo smeargle. Other then that not much to say.
Alternative sets: Overheat > SE

Snap (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 228 HP / 244 Def / 36 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Double Team
- Swagger

I saved the best (or worst for my opponents) for last. Anyone who's played high ladder AG knows how annoying swagplay keys are. What's more annoying than a swagplay? How about one that you also miss 9/10 times you aren't confused or para'd! I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that runs this in high ladder AG, and its just soooo much better than swagplay, not to mention the joy of watching your opponents selfdestruct is excellent. This thing also beats other klefki's in PP, so there's that.
Alternative moves: I guess you can run foul play > double team, but if you do I lose all respect for you and will probably banish you to the depths of team aqua's lair.

Crackle (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Atk / 216 Def / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Fire Punch
- Precipice Blades

Snap (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 228 HP / 244 Def / 36 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Double Team
- Swagger

Rayquaza-Mega @ Lum Berry
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- V-create

Krispies (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Pop (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse

Rice (Yveltal) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Taunt

T h r e a t l i s t !

1) HO Yveltal
This thing wrecks me. Badly. SeasonalIam(not)prepared for this. Nothing to replace though, I usually lose a couple mons and kill it. Kill it with fire.

2) GOOD bp Teams
Holy fuck I hate baton pass teams. I only have one very SLOW taunter. Matching good baton pass teams is like a nightmare, and I have to pray to based rngesus to win.

3) Special m-ray
This lil bitch walks all over me. I'm not prepared for it; simple as that. Dragon claw helps but its draco OHKO'd pdon anyways so rip.

4) Special P-don
I can usually kill it, but holy shit it is annoying. This thing puts in a lot of work.

5) M-diancie
This is only an issue occasionally. Usually it EP's first turn, leaves pdon around 3-10% and gets ohkod by precipice or even eq, which is nice. Otherwise it can do some damage.

6) Let me know if there's anything I forgot, probably is.

Shoutouts
I'll keep it simple unlike last time, I mention u = u cool beans yo
Zangooser HunterStorm Piccolo Daimao Prosaic SpartanMalice baconbagon Zwexqukav Misaka Mikoto Ransei (for the mimez) @ the rest of the OM room and Monotype room that is chill and the 50 people i probably forgot while writing this sori.

Thanks for reading, please let me know any feedback you have or any suggestions for the team. If you are going to ladder with it and want help with it or help with AG in general, feel free to pm "Josh" on showdown and I'll help if I'm not busy.

:-]

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
You should probs add Solrock to your threat list, as it destroys 2/3 of your team.

Other than that nice RMT and Ty for the shoutout

DoW

formally Death on Wings
The only real weakness I can see that's not on your threat list is LO Edgequake Ekiller once Rocks are up, +2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 398-471 (87.4 - 103.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (assuming they set up as you switched out of Kyogre).
Of course you've got Pdon to counter this, but given that yveltal is your check to most Ekillers, if there's more than one Ekiller on the opposing team then this could put you in a tricky situation.
That said, your team has all the tools it needs to deal with this threat, you just need to be careful to deal with it in the right way.

The only suggestion I'd make for your team is to consider swapping Roar on PDon to Dragon Tail. This allows it to catch things like Mega Ray, which racks up huge amounts of damage if rocks are up. That said, it's weaker against Xerneas and Baton Pass teams, the latter due to not hitting through protect or sub and having lower accuracy. I'd still use it though due to taking the utility of both roar and dragon claw in one move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)