ADV ADV Majors I - Round One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoyotte

formerly Bhalal
Welcome to the first edition of ADV Majors! In this tournament, participants will start off in a pool of five players, and the two best records within those pools will advance to the second stage. The Pools are randomised, with the exception of pool leaders. Each pool will have a leader, a credible player handpicked by me based on history and/or recent performances. This will ensure a balanced draw across the pools.
We will be going with 32 pools of 5 players. After this stage, the tournament will switch to a single elimination tournament with the 64 qualifiers from the pools (2 from each pool).

RULES
  • This is a standard ADV OU tournament
  • The format for Stage 1 is as follows:
    • Stage 1 of this tournament will be a round robin series. Players will be placed in (pending number of signups) 16 pools, and must play all other opponents in their pool.
    • Because Stage 1 is a round robin format, this means you are expected to play every opponent in your pool, even if you lose the first couple of games. If you are unwilling to commit to this format, do not sign up. You are also agreeing to play games with potential substitutes.
    • The best 2 players from each pool will advance to Stage 2.
    • Each pool will have a pool leader who will be determined by the host (me) based on past tournament results. The selection will be arbitrary, to some degree, but I will aim to be as objective as possible.
    • Stage 1 matches will be best-of-three. You may switch teams between opponents.
    • Due to the number of matches, Stage 1 will last for 3 weeks.
  • The format for Stage 2 is as follows:
    • The format will be best-of-three, single elimination.
    • Changing teams between matches is allowed.
    • Rounds will last the standard 1 week.
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! (Main or SmogTours)
  • REPLAYS ARE REQUIRED.
  • Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from another Tournament Director. Coin flips will be done publicly on PS!
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the ADV OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round.
  • Follow the General Tournament Rules and Guidelines.

Standard Rules and Clauses

• Sleep Clause: If a player has already put an opposing Pokémon to sleep using a sleep inducing move and that Pokémon is still sleeping due to that sleep inducing move, the player cannot put another opposing Pokémon to sleep using a sleep inducing move.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same species of Pokémon on their team, based on the National Pokédex number. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on their team.
  • Evasion Clause: Players cannot use Double Team or Minimize in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, they lose.
  • Baton Pass Clause: Teams are limited to 1 form of stat-boosting alongside Baton Pass across the whole team. Mean Look/Spider Web + Baton Pass is also disallowed.
What are we playing for?
This tournament will award points towards the 2023 ADV OU Circuit, which awards a ribbon to the winner of the entire circuit.

ADV OU Resources can be found here. ADV OU Sample Teams can be found here. The general ADV Forum can be found here.

REPLAYS ARE MANDATORY

Pool 1
Kollin7 RL Endill Magician PanWithQueso
Kollin7RLEndillMagicianPanwithQuesoScore
Kollin7vsWLWW3-1
RLLvsLLL0-3
EndillWWvsWW4-0
MagicianLWLvsW2-1
PanwithQuesoLWLLvs1-3
BigFatMantispaolode99toyteanegalvancRubybloodScore
BigFatMantisvsLDGLL0-3
paolode99WvsWLL2-2
toyteanDGLvsLW0-3
egalvancWWWvsL3-1
RubybloodWWWWvs4-0
BlazingDarkLekstazcyberasSANKE CARPQuarante8Score
BlazingDarkvsLLLL0-4
LekstazWvsWLW3-1
cyberasWLvsWL2-2
SANKE CARPWWLvsL1-3
Quarante8WLWWvs3-1

StarberryYves StoneMTBDKMScore
StarvsWWLW3-1
berryLvsWLL1-3
Yves StoneLLvsWW2-2
MTBWWLvsW3-1
DKMLWLLvs1-2
McMeghanAV11JuscelinoFakesAlecssScore
McMeghanvsWWDGW3-0
AV11LvsLDGDG0-2
JuscelinoLWvsWW3-1
FakesDGDGLvsDG0-1
AlecssLDGLDGvs0-2

ColteorWamrfalseExpulsofeenScore
ColteorvsLWWW3-1
WamrWvsLWW3-1
falseLWvsWW3-1
ExpulsoLLLvsL0-3
feenLLLWvs1-3
MrSoupTyCarterYak AttackGaineryלַ֫הַב†Score
MrSoupvsWWLW3-1
TyCarterLvsWWL2-2
Yak AttackLLvsLL0-4
GaineryWLWvsW3-1
לַ֫הַב†LWWLvs2-2
XelloWAC7LoD ShiddoMC Farziboris69Score
XelloWvsLDGDGDG0-1
AC7WvsLLW2-2
LoD ShiddoDGWvsWW3-0
MC FarziDGWLvsW2-1X²X²
boris69DGLWLvs1-2
CyberOdin✝goldmasoneifoCristian JimenezLubloomScore
CyberOdin✝vsLWWW3-1
goldmasonWvsWWW4-0
eifoLLvsWDG1-2
Cristian JimenezLLLvsW1-3
LubloomLLDGLvs0-3
Sheik :bydyweird monWaffleztastegoodGhostfall22Score
Sheik :vsWWWL3-1
bydyLvsDGWL1-2
weird monLDGvsWL1-2
WaffleztastegoodLLLvsW1-3
Ghostfall22WWWLvs3-1
robjrmonchoooMister TimBIG lovenadorluigiScore
robjrvsWLWW3-1
monchoooLvsWLW2-1
Mister TimWLvsLW2-2
BIG lovenLWWvsW3-1
adorluigiLLLLvs0-4
Jhonx~AlbiqdhwefdwBeatsBlackTyrone.Purpl3Score
Jhonx~vsLDGWW2-1
AlbiWvsWWW4-0
qdhwefdwDGLvsDGW1-2
BeatsBlackLLDGvsW1-2
Tyrone.Purpl3LLLLvs0-4
zerkasSlipThe918thDridri457MisteroussaintScore
zerkasvsWWLW3-1
SlipLvsLLDG0-3
The918thLWvsWW3-1
Dridri457WWLvsW3-1
MisterioussaintWDGLLvs0-2
airfareLhionsCdijk16MilkshookPure KillaScore
airfarevsDGDGWW2-0
LhionsDGvsLWW2-1
Cdijk16DGWvsWW2-0
MilkshookLLLvsL0-2
Pura KillaLLLWvs1-3
w_rMetroGloominstunner047SeanobiwanBka OnonScore
w_rvsWWWW4-0
MetroGloominLvsLDGL0-3
stunner047LWvsWL2-2
SeanobiwanLDGLvsDG0-2
Bka OnonLWWDGvs2-1
heysupAbbehatojrits_bizarreTGAScore
heysupvsWWWW4-0
AbbehatLvsLLDG0-3
ojrLWvsLW0-2
its_bizarreLWWvsDG2-1
TGALDGDGDGvs0-1
RedlessCielauPrinzkennytempScore
RedlessvsLLWL1-3
CielauWvsWWL3-1
PrinzWLvsWW3-1
kennyLLLvsL0-4
tempWWLWvs3-1
ChurielixMindnightSegaleBIG WILLIna fableScore
ChurielixvsWDGLDG1-1
MindnightLvsLLL0-4
SegaleDGWvsLW2-1
BIG WILLWWWvsW4-0
Ina fableDGWLvs1-1
Deezcastformspotato14798Mister McLovinhellpownadamien the geniusScore
DeezcastformsvsWWDGL2-1
potato14798LvsWLW2-2
Mister McLovinLLvsLW1-3
hellpownaDGWWvsL2-1
damien the geniusWLLWvs2-2
Liz Angelesleoperi99TenebriciteagentkevalPakScore
Liz AngelesvsWWWL3-1
leoperi99LvsLLL0-4
TenebriciteLWvsDGL1-2
agentkevalLWDGvsL1-2
PakWWWWvs4-0

DEADLINE : 8TH OCTOBER
I'll be doing activity checks at the end of this week, and substituting out any inactive players or players who have dropped out. If some players make contact via DMs or Discord and playing after this weekend, it'll be very helpful if you let me know in this thread.

Last edited:
Hold on, I'm confused. Shouldn't there be 32 pools? With only 20, that would be a 40 man bracket at top 2, and 60 for top 3. Where there just not enough signups?

Zoyotte

formerly Bhalal
Hold on, I'm confused. Shouldn't there be 32 pools? With only 20, that would be a 40 man bracket at top 2, and 60 for top 3. Where there just not enough signups?
You're right here i messed up the pools, i need to cut 4 pools to have 16. Sorry for the inconvenient.

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
so whats the criteria for the people who got cut off? my post is #12 on the signup form and i dont recall any rule made about this situation
You and other players that were cut for this will be reintroduced into the tournament. I am working with the host to fix this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
Redless Cielau shadowtime2000 kenny temp Churielix Mindnight Segale BIG WILL Ina fable Deezcastforms potato14798 Mister McLovin hellpowna damien the genius Liz Angeles leoperi99 Tenebricite agentkeval Pak

You were removed from the tournament due to a hosting mistake, your pools have been reinstated now. Please check the OP again and start scheduling with your opponents. Thank you for your patience, glhf

(To make 20 pools work for playoffs, the top 2 players from each pool will qualify, and the 8 best third places will advance. Tiebreakers may be played if required)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)