Done Add highlight tag to HTML

This might sound like a weird suggestion, but would it possible to implement a way to add a tag along the lines of <highlight user="partman">? It may not sound that useful, except most of the things that would rely on this (Uno, for one) already have client-side implementations. The main use-case I have this for is Chess games - I'd like to be able to ping a specific user to notify them of their turn without spamming chat, but couldn't find one. I currently use PMs, but constantly switching is not an enjoyable experience. I can understand if this gets rejected, but I thought I'd put this out here.

This might sound like a weird suggestion, but would it possible to implement a way to add a tag along the lines of <highlight user="partman">? It may not sound that useful, except most of the things that would rely on this (Uno, for one) already have client-side implementations. The main use-case I have this for is Chess games - I'd like to be able to ping a specific user to notify them of their turn without spamming chat, but couldn't find one. I currently use PMs, but constantly switching is not an enjoyable experience. I can understand if this gets rejected, but I thought I'd put this out here.
In other words, you want to be able to tag people in auth-only posts. Jokes aside, this would be good. I think we should make it so any text within the highlight tag is clickable to display the userdetails like when you click on someone's name in the userlist.

I'd planned to implement this as a self-closing tag.

(Also, I don't get what you're trying to say by auth-only posts - only * and # can use these?)

Todoroki Delta

Banned deucer.
I personally like this idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)