Rejected Add an !FAQ about COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the rapid spread of this virus, I would imagine many users would wish to discuss it to some extent in many rooms across the site. Because of this, I think there should be an !faq on the matter to denote the rooms best suited to discussing the matter, such as Scholastic, Lobby, and the non-English rooms, but remind people that it can be talked about across the site. I think it should also advise users to, when discussing it, only use its accepted names like Coronavirus or COVID-19. Finally, I feel it's necessary to remind people that terms like "Wuhan Virus" or "China Virus" are extremely viewable as racist and room punishments may result when using using said terms.

I feel that a command name for it would be "!faq covid19" for example.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
To anyone feeling the need to reply to this: the only relevant part of this suggestion is about the !faq command, as moderation of rooms and their accepted topics are up to the rooms themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)