In Progress Add a horizontal scrollbar for boxes on smaller resolution screens

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Heya, as many people I play PS a lot on mobile, and often came across an issue that never happens when I play PS on my laptop.

Many boxes, namely roomintros, dailies, or messy staffintro codes (which are covered by pants's suggestion) are too large to fit on the screen and often end up going out of the screen, making them impossible to read.

Help's roomintro, for example, is wider than my phone's width so I do not see half of the buttons, which can be counter-intuitive since roomintros are usually meant to gather the most useful links of the room in question

This command also cuts the image and makes it go out of the screen (presumably due to the length of the link) with no possibility to scroll to the left in order to see the image without clicking the link

I'm not going to add a staffintro example for privacy reasons, but in both cases above, the content manages to escape the blue rectangle in the back that it is meant to fit within, so I suggest adding a horizontal scrollbar (or I guess, just the ability to scroll to the left/right without making it drag the entire chat/page to the left/right since it mostly targets mobile devices, so really just scroll within the box like you'd do on PS with a roomintro that exceeds the height limit, for example) at the bottom of the box in cases like that, if it is possible for the site to detect that the content you're visualizing is wider than your screen. If anyone has examples of other commands that lead to a similar issue on mobile feel free to point them out because I must have forgotten some

Thanks for your time!

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Pull request made

Note that this won't fix every roomintro that looks bad on mobile, only the ones that are clipping outside of the bounds of your screen. If intros look squished or wrap in weird ways, ask room owners to give it a min-width property, which should then function completely fine on small screens with this change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)