Action Replay broke my DSi. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to use an action replay many years years ago, and one day it was in my DSi XL and I accidentally pulled it out before I exited the action replay. Now my DSi XL doesn't work when I turn it on the top screen is all black accept for yellow digits "0000FE000", and the bottom screen is all white. It also doesn't turn off, I just have to let the battery run out.

This happened about year ago, and my warranty is up. I know club Nintendo lets you register a system to increase the warranty by 40 days, but I think it's 40 after the warrenty ended, so that won't work. If somebody knows a way to help, please tell me.

Does your DS start up and go to the main menu first normally or did you set it up to automatically start the inserted cartridge?

Regardless of if you can get a new warranty, it wouldn't cover damages caused by an external device (which I think voids the warranty anyway). The only thing I could think of is somehow manually resetting it to the factory default, but idk how to do that.

Answer: Some users have been able to solve this problem by resetting the system. To do so, hold down every button while the system is on except the D-Pad and power buttons. Otherwise if the problem continues you'll likely need to send in your system for repair. To setup a repair, call Nintendo's Consumer Service Department at 1-800-255-3700 from the hours of 6am - 7pm, Pacific Time, 7 days a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)