National Dex AceGren Balance (looking to improve it)

Hey all! This is my first time posting an RMT, so here we go!

Click on the sprites for a link to the Pokepaste!
:cinderace: :slowbro: :blissey: :latias-mega: :greninja-ash: :garchomp:

:cinderace:
Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

First off, we have Cinderace. Cinderace is currently a fantastic offensive threat, boasting versatility, longevity, speed, and power. It's so good that it currently is being suspected. This is a fairly standard Boots Ace set, with Pyro Ball, High Jump Kick, and Gunk Shot providing three powerful offensive STABs that hit many top Pokemon for high damage, with U-turn providing a weaker but incredibly useful STAB that provides momentum and chip damage on everything. Paired with Heavy Duty Boots, Cinderace has great longevity and can stick around and pressure things throughout the course of a game. It also has a distinction as the team member with the best matchup against Fairy types such as Clefable thanks to Gunk Shot. It best functions by being brought in by slow U-turns or switching into certain resisted attacks, and then choosing the right move for whatever is in front of you. I usually spam U-turn in the early game until its checks are weakened enough for one of its stronger attacks to finish them off.

:slowbro:
Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Teleport
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Slack Off

Next up, we have Future Sight Slowbro. Slowbro is fantastic in the metagame at the moment, with incredible longevity given its great bulk, typing, Slack Off, the ability to wear Heavy Duty Boots, and Regenerator. It usually sticks around for the entire game as a result, constantly walling dangerous physical threats across the meta, and supporting my team with Future Sights that keep pretty much anything from switching in, depending on the situation. Scald is a staple move on bulky Waters and this is no exception. You can feel free to put Ice Beam on instead if you want to handle Landorus-Therian and Garchomp better, though. Keep it away from powerful Dark and Electric types, as they can take advantage of its relative passivity and make progress.

Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Teleport
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Next up we have Blissey. It is an incredible special wall and defensive pivot in this metagame, capable of living almost any special hit. It pairs phenomenally with Slowbro, as the pair can wall most of the meta together. Softboiled is obligatory for staying healthy throughout a game, Teleport provides momentum and safe switches to my frail breakers, Thunder Wave supports the team against offensive threats and Seismic Toss prevent it from being completely shut down by Taunt, and gives consistent, reliable damage. Keep it away from physical attackers if you can manage it. It can still sponge hits on that side if needed, fortunately.

:latias-mega:
Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Aura Sphere
- Psyshock

Next up we have Calm Mind Latias. It has been a stellar threat in the metagame ever since the DLC, where it got Aura Sphere to nail Weavile and Tyranitar, which otherwise would Pursuit-trap it. It has amazing bulk and after a Calm Mind boost or two, is extremely difficult to KO and can KO much of the metagame in return. Roost grants it longevity throughout a game, and let it 1v1 many threats in the metagame. Psyshock is the main attack of the set, and can break through Blissey quite well by targeting physical defense. Aura Sphere has great coverage with Psyshock and lets it deal with Heatran, and the aforementioned Weavile and Tyranitar, among other things. It can switch in decently well due to its great bulk, especially if you lead with it so it has the superior Mega bulk from the get-go. You can run Defog in place of Calm Mind if wanted.

:greninja-ash:
Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Greninja forms a fantastic offensive core with Cinderace, being able to shred through each other's checks and threaten the majority of the defenive metagame. Choice Specs grant Greninja immense power especially after transforming. Hydro Pump and Dark Pulse are the obligatory STABs, Water Shuriken provides useful priority (probably don't use it until you tranform), and Spikes lets you punish things like Blissey and Tapu Fini trying to come in on its STABs and force progress. Try to bring it in via Teleport from Blissey or Slowbro, or U-turn from Cinderace.

:garchomp:
Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage

This is a fantastic mon in the meta. Offensive Rocks gives you multiple ways to punish switches depending on the situation you find yourself in. Additionally, it gets a ton of juicy KOs and 1v1s opposing Garchomp better. Obviously Stealth Rock is fantastic and it beats common hazard removers which makes it even better. Swords Dance lets you quickly shred through the opposition and at +4, literally nothing can stand up to Devastating Drake but immunities. Good natural bulk lets it set it up reliably as well. Earthquake is the obligatory main STAB move and spamming this is a legitimate strategy. Outrage really shouldn't be used if you can help it but hits very hard if needed. Dragonium Z lets you break through checks like Slowbro and a few other things as well. It also can switch in to Regieleki reliably, unlike the rest of the team.

Note: This team has no hazard removal. Three members of the team have Heavy Duty Boots, one has Levitate and thus only takes Stealth Rock damage, and neither of the other two are weak to hazards due to their typing and offensive leaning. I tried Defog on Latias for a while but I like Calm Mind more.

Weaknesses:

:beedrill-mega: Mega Beedrill
This thing shreds through my team completely. It only has a small amount of fringe viability, but if you ever bump into one, the best way to handle it is to try and get Greninja transformed so you can kill it with Water Shuriken, or Thunder Wave it with Blissey. Otherwise, you pretty much autolose at team preview.

:crawdaunt: Crawdaunt
Crawdaunt blows past my team like Mega Beedrill, but not as well. Basically, try and Thunder Wave it, or get Mega Latias in on it so you force it out and get a free Calm Mind if it is Band, Aura Sphere if otherwise. Its a really hard MU, but precise switching and careful play can handle it.

:weavile: Weavile
Similarly to the two above, it can break through the team without much effort. It can be played around more easily since Band is so common.

:azumarill: Azumarill
See Crawdaunt. It isn't as scary to face, but still watch out. Slowbro can actually deal with it, unlike against Crawdaunt.

:swampert-mega: :pelipper: :greninja-ash: :manaphy: Rain
Rain is so annoying for this team. Just kill Pelipper early and get your Greninja transformed first if you can.

I probably need to go to bed now haha, feel free to criticize/make suggestions!

Last edited:
Obligatory bump
Seeing as how I was responsible for the “team” part of Rate My Team and you guys were responsible for the “Rate” part

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)