Invalid About /makegroupchat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys.We can use the instruction:/makegroupchat to create a private chat room.But I think if this chat
room is only temporary, it will bring some inconvenien
-ce.
We can make some assumptions:some users want to discuss some confidential issues in private in the chat room.They are taking enthusiastically, but if the host suddenly “You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted.”, the room will not be available.Unlike the official chat room,it needs the host to be online all the time to keep the chat room be available.
And when we play tour in our chat room,if the host have a bad network determines whether we can finish the tour.
This post is just my personal opinion,please point out any questions what it have.
Thanks for you reading it.

The fact that groupchats are temporary will not change; having a permanent room will require you to go through this procedure.

Also, groupchats will expire after 40 minutes of inactivity. So as long as you have at least one active user, it will not disappear. If you have an internet problem and are expected to return, don't worry about it. Ideally, the groupchat will want the host around to manage things but it will not disappear as long as it is active in a way.

Though, you might want to specify your suggestion. Are you asking for the rank to have permission to promote to staff rank? Or are you suggesting for the room to have a longer expiration date? 40 minutes seems long enough to me. As for the former, I personally don't think it's necessary to promote to staff as the host can do enough things such as making a tour and keep the groupchat going.

And when we play tour in our chat room,if the host have a bad network determines whether we can finish the tour.
You don't need the tour maker to be present in order for the tour to finish. To manage things sure, but assuming players are completing their battles, the tour will finish on its own. In this case, I recommend setting /tour forcetimer if you fear the tour will not be able to continue due to your bad internet connection.

thx,your re
The fact that groupchats are temporary will not change; having a permanent room will require you to go through this procedure.

Also, groupchats will expire after 40 minutes of inactivity. So as long as you have at least one active user, it will not disappear. If you have an internet problem and are expected to return, don't worry about it. Ideally, the groupchat will want the host around to manage things but it will not disappear as long as it is active in a way.

Though, you might want to specify your suggestion. Are you asking for the rank to have permission to promote to staff rank? Or are you suggesting for the room to have a longer expiration date? 40 minutes seems long enough to me. As for the former, I personally don't think it's necessary to promote to staff as the host can do enough things such as making a tour and keep the groupchat going.

You don't need the tour maker to be present in order for the tour to finish. To manage things sure, but assuming players are completing their battles, the tour will finish on its own. In this case, I recommend setting /tour forcetimer if you fear the tour will not be able to continue due to your bad internet connection.

thx! your answer is necessary for me!

This thread isn't very coherent.

Are you proposing a change to PS?
If so, what is it?
If not, your questions about /makegroupchat should be directed to to the Help room on Pokemon Showdown or the SQSA thread.
Ok,i see.This is my first post so i wrote it without conherent.

I wrote it because i want to create a temporary chat room to make our PS TEAM members join a privite room and chat in no time limit.Maybe we can chat in dawn or midnight without
host connect.cloudiness is a helpful man.He tell me everything i dont know.

Thanks for your reminder!

Annika

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
I wrote it because i want to create a temporary chat room to make our PS TEAM members join a privite room and chat in no time limit.Maybe we can chat in dawn or midnight without
host connect.cloudiness is a helpful man.He tell me everything i dont know.
It's not very temporary if there's no time limit. You might want a private room (the requirements for which are here), or a groupchat (which still lets you chat if the host is offline as long as someone has been chatting in the past 40 minutes). Regardless, I don't see any legitimate suggestion here, so I'm going to lock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)