Tournament AAAPL I - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
Scheduling

Scheduling should be done on Smogon Profile walls, plain and simple:​
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: Post on your opponent's Smogon wall, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you can't play for any reason, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.​
Use these posts as a place to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well (or bo5 if you're insane like that)!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to the Almost Any Ability Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​
All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to an activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S WALL); otherwise, it will be a deadgame. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and all match replays must be saved and posted in this thread.​

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and all of the hosts (Isaiah). This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.​
Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, following these guidelines exactly.​

Matchups

:Salamence: vs :Ceruledge:
Smashing Salamences (3) vs (3) Cherry Pit Ceruledges
SV: pichus vs Potatochan
SV: Hera vs Kaif
2AC: DeepFriedMagikarp vs Taka
SS: abriel vs zioziotrip
SM: Kinetic1000 vs db
ORAS: Cao Jie vs crow crumbs

:Charizard: vs :Honchkrow:
Charming Charizzards (5) vs (1) Head Honchkrows
SV: Ivar57 vs Scarfire
SV: ojr vs velvet
2AC: Atha vs Greybaum
SS: PandaDoux vs hayedenn
SM: The Number Man vs Andyboy
ORAS: PociekMociek vs Lasen

:Corviknight: vs :Psyduck:
Well-Baked Corviknights (3) vs (3) Psycho Psyducks
SV: temp vs Dragonillis
SV: pannu vs SparksBlade
2AC: RoFnA vs TTTech
SS: Don Vascus vs Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂
SM: shiloh vs Quantum Tesseract
ORAS: MZ vs Ainzcrad

Deadline:
10:00 PM (GMT -4) on August 27th, 2023

Smashing Salamences (0) vs (0) Cherry Pit Ceruledges
SV: pichus vs potatochan
ORAS: Cao jie vs crow crumbs

Charming Charizzards (0) vs (0) Head Honchkrows

Well-Baked Corviknights (0) vs (0) Psycho Psyducks
SV: temp vs dragonillis
SV: pannu vs sparksblade
2AC: Rofna vs TTTech
SS: Don Vascus vs Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂

Last edited:

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
Quick predicts feel free to :haha: (they're like 10 sec predicts because I'm at the fucking zoo)

Smashing Salamences (4) vs (2) Cherry Pit Ceruledges
SV: pichus vs potatochan
ORAS: Cao jie vs crow crumbs

Charming Charizzards (4) vs (2) Head Honchkrows

SS: Don Vascus vs Maybca

Yoko

I COULD BE BANNED!
predicts!!

Charming Charizzards (2) vs (4) Head Honchkrows

SS: Don Vascus vs Maybca

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I failed most of my predicts but eh, y'all aren't cooperatives

Smashing Salamences (4) vs (2) Cherry Pit Ceruledges
SV: pichus vs Potatochan - super cool team by pichus and solid plays, Potatochan is always a threatening opponent but pichus' a bit better and knows the meta well
SV: Hera vs Kaif - well Kaif didn't bring a really good team last week and he didn't play super well considering he was behind the whole game while Hera did a good game tbh
2AC: DeepFriedMagikarp vs Taka - Bug's team last week didn't feel really good and they kinda got lucky to run in another team that wasn't solid with excellent MU for Meloetta but DFM is a good player and Taka didn't convince me last week
SS: abriel vs zioziotrip - hype MU tbh, if zio gets an even MU/good MU i think he got the tools to beat abriel
SM: Kinetic1000 vs db - idk SM well but db is a slightly better player to me
ORAS: CaoJie vs crow crumbs - mf stayed T1 with Manaphy against Ferrothorn to click a Scald, can't bold you for the rest of the tour sorry, CaoJie just lost to Victini but well ORAS is broken it happens

SV: Ivar57 vs Scarfire - Ivar sadly got subbed out last week while Scarfire did a fine game against Dragonillis for their first time (went a bit unlucky by losing all the Lando-I speedties) but there were still some mistakes, and Ivar will prob be able to take advantage of that
SV: ojr vs velvet - goatjr, even if you brought double terrains which is cringe af you played quite well and you're gonna stomp that pool, don't let me down
2AC: Atha vs Greybaum - Greybaum didn't handle Chomp super well last week but he's still a very good player, atha is the clear favorite but I'll take a risk and bold Grey here cuz I think he's the only one in the 2AC pool who can rly annoy atha
SS: PandaDoux vs hayedenn - Panda got a really hard MU while hayedenn.. how do you lose so hard to Triage Lele..? Hopefully my baby does better so we can have a better game but Panda is better in game and I've been disappointed by hayedenn's build..
SM: The Number Man vs Andyboy - Interesting pairing but I'll bold Andy cuz TNM in a broken meta is less strong I feel
ORAS: PociekMociek vs Lasen - tricky one, both played quite well and this should be a fun game, will favor Pociek cuz he deserves it

Well-Baked Corviknights (2) vs (4) Psycho Psyducks
SV: temp vs Dragonillis - temp's team was quite cool last week but Drago is still the favorite here
SV: pannu vs sparksblade - awful awful team by pannu but they're prob better than sparksblade
2AC: RoFnA vs TTTech - I wasn't convinced by RoFnA's team last week although it was a bit unlucky and the T1 play that put him behind was a bit tricky so I can't rly blame him for that (you could guess that Hoodra wasn't RegenVest with Meloetta there, but the opponent play was also terrible so idk), but TTTech was solid with a cool Brambleghast so I'll bold him
SS: Don Vascus vs Maybca - Don lost to Tapu Lele, Maybca won with Tapu Lele. One has clearly understood the meta..
SM: shiloh vs Quantum Tesseract - shiloh seemed to not really care of the game last week but I hope the game vs QT will live up to the expectations, hopefully it'll be more close than Andy vs QT but it should be interesting
ORAS: MZ vs Ainzcrad - Ainz almost lost to Manaphy but I liked his game more so

@ SS players don't lose to Tapu Lele pls
@ ORAS players don't lose to PH Manaphy pls
@ SM players don't lose to uhm.. half of the metagame!

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Smashing Salamences (2) vs (4) Cherry Pit Ceruledges
SV: pichus vs Potatochan - love both and both are amazing at the game but only one is a swiftie. stream 1989 tv
SV: Hera vs Kaif - kaif good and hera struggles w consistency
2AC: DeepFriedMagikarp vs Taka - marginally higher skill ceiling
SS: abriel vs zioziotrip - think zio can take this if both perform optimally but this one comes down to who has better mu 27 times out of 28 imo
SM: Kinetic1000 vs db - I think Kinetic is good, db is too but this isn't really his tier and idk about his knowledge
ORAS: Cao Jie vs crow crumbs - I think this person is meant to be good

SV: Ivar57 vs Scarfire - starfire outsold
SV: ojr vs velvet - ojr is fire
2AC: Atha vs Greybaum - grey is good
SS: PandaDoux vs hayedenn - panda is good
SM: The Number Man vs Andyboy - I bold my friends sorry tnm
ORAS: PociekMociek vs Lasen - I don't bold my friends sorry lasen

also this trend of putting rizz in the team name whenever a pokemon has riz in its name has to be one of the worst trends of all time

Well-Baked Corviknights (4) vs (1) Psycho Psyducks
SV: temp vs Dragonillis - drago has more meta experience but I wanna see the youtube video of how temp won w trevenant sudowoodo or smth.
SV: pannu vs SparksBlade - I think sparksblade has always had a really high skill ceiling so I'm excited to see the aaa gameplay
2AC: RoFnA vs TTTech - ok let's not pretend tech isn't just gonna bring double regen double fluffy double unaware or something. this isn't me not knowing who to predict this is me predicting the game tying on 1000
SS: Don Vascus vs Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ - uh apparently maybca is good but their name is inconvenient to bold on phone
SM: shiloh vs Quantum Tesseract - shiloh is one of the best aaa players of all time but this is closer than it seems
ORAS: MZ vs Ainzcrad - MZ's buffed by dark void still being 80%. this has no relevance in aaa, it's just a vibes thing, like when you get a song you rly like on spotify shuffle (so never) and play better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)