Other Metagames AAA EJECT BUTTONS GALORE - 300th post edition

olivia

bellibolt saleswoman
is a Pre-Contributor

me, circa 2024, pressing my button

Hello Girls and Gamers.
You have probably never heard of me.

Good.

I am here to announce that I have now dropped 300 of the worst posts on Smogon. God Bless.

I am also here today with the permission of UT to spread the gospel behind Taylor Swift the greatest AAA team I have ever had the pleasure of looking at.
And now I present to thee: Eject Button Spam ft. Cobalion.

-FtowN4p4vBNdiIbVJdaBarEwOAGekaPifOjUq55Q.png-1713020064426.png-1713020089457.png-1713020111295.png-1713020168821.png
click your favourite pokemon here for the paste :D
or click here if ur boring https://pokepast.es/5fc72f7b744c96b4

How does it work you might ask? I don't have a clue. I imagine it goes something along the lines of crash BANG "ooh look at me i am ejecting" and then Cobalion is all like nyeeeooow "Get beamed idiot." and then he Steel Beams everywhere.

I'm joking obviously
...unless?

Anyway here's the beat drop

Cobalion

Imagine my surprise when I found out it actually does nothing on this team except look funny. I identify heavily with this trait and that's why it's on the team.
:sv/Cobalion:
the 1 (Cobalion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 168 SpA / 88 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Steel Beam
- Volt Switch

- Stealth Rock

It'll Stealth Rock your whole world. A great rocker with excellent dual-STABs make this a frightening Pokemon to switch into, while also being able to lean into the teams pivot-heavy playstyle. This mixed set allows Cobalion to be a surprisingly capable wallbreaker able to threaten specially defensive walls like Manaphy and Swampert while also being able to hit physically bulky pokemon like Great Tusk and Mandibuzz also. It even helps nullify meta-staples Roaring Moon and Chien-Pao. Delightful.

It's important to know what sets this Pokemon above the others. You might be thinking, "haven't you just explained that?",

No.

I haven't.

The most important thing about this set is that it has the funniest move in all of Pokemon on it. You must maniacally type "Get Beamed, Idiot." in chat WHENEVER you click the funny button. It is a rule. I have thrown COUNTLESS games clicking Steel Beam instead of the correct button.

and I'll throw countless more.

Garchomp

Yippee its TankChomp, but AAA flavoured, daring today aren't we?
:sv/Garchomp:
exile (Garchomp) @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake

- Fire Blast
Does what you'd expect. He sets Spikes and then he rakes your opponents Pokemon through them with Dragon Tail. Fire Blast allows it to hit our beloved overlord Corviknight, Fluffy Great Tusk, and friends, chiefly, the main hazard-control options in the tier. Regenerator combines nicely with Eject Button, allowing it to switch into a move and pivot out safely for free allowing for excellent momentum carrying capabilities.

Walking Wake

Anyone who knows me will know that I REALLY HATE WALKING WAKE I HATE THIS POKEMON I THINK ITS DISGUSTING I HATE IT
:sv/Walking_Wake:
tis the damn season (Walking Wake) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Weather Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Knock Off

- Flip Turn

"Ooh look at me I'm way too fast and I do way too much damage" fuck you. you make me sick.
Knock Off is here for RegenVest Manaphy, DesoLand HDB Iron Moth, and also helps with Empoleon too. Flip Turn once again aligns with the pivot heavy identity of the team.
Walking Wake is one of the largest beneficiaries of the ping-pong-like pivoting this team has, as it struggles to get itself into battle.

Roaring Moon
Completing the other half of our star-crossed Choice-locked lovers is the Yin to Wake's Yang; Roaring Moon. While Walking Wake traditionally enjoys the sun, Roaring Moon is instead one with the darkness. I think. There's a really good fan-fiction in here somewhere. You guys should know what he does by now.
:sv/Roaring_Moon:
closure (Roaring Moon) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sword of Ruin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Outrage
- Earthquake

- U-turn
"Me Roaring Moon! Me click Knock Off." why does this work? He can't keep getting away with this! You think to yourself. But he does.
Why does it have Earthquake you might ask? I don't know, but UT does.
You heard it here first folks. Covers all your bases, what more can you need?

As one of the only potent sources of Physical damage on this team good positioning is highly important in getting the most value from Roaring Moon here. Earthquake is important as a means to hit Pokemon like Tinkaton and Heatran who it would otherwise struggle with.

Corviknight
This fricking Pokemon man. Time and time again you think, it's finally done, it's reign of terror is over. But it never is.
:sv/Corviknight:
my tears ricochet (Corviknight) @ Eject Button
Ability: Fluffy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Every. Single. physical. Attack. not from a Fire-type. Bounces. Off.
Much like Garchomp, our resident eater's goal is to come in, gobble an attack, and keep that momentum rolling. Defog is critical for this team to function against hazard-stack. Brave Bird does a Surprising Amount of Damage. It is imperative to be aware of the fact that Knock Off does not trigger Eject Button, heartbreakingly.

Azelf
I love this Pokemon. I am outrageously addicted to the energy given from leading this little goober and either clicking U-turn or killing something turn one. On a team where the entire philosophy is balls-to-the-walls, high momentum, button clicking, esportstm gameplay, nothing sets the tone quite like Azelf.
:sv/Azelf:
willow (Azelf) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Expanding Force
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam

- Trick
Don't over-complicate this one folks. Lead it. Let the dark and twisted desires take over. Click U-turn. Cackle maniacally as you deal 10% and get one of the next villainous pieces from your nefarious bag of tricks onto the battlefield. It's really that simple. Azelf is one of the strongest pivots and cleaners in the tier, able to leverage its fantastic Speed-tier with Scarf to outrun nearly any Pokemon and benefit from a fast U-turn into one of the teams Eject Button pivots. Azelf is excellent at supporting both Walking Wake and Roaring Moon. Both struggle with Chien-Pao, and Roaring Moon struggles with Great Tusk, both of which Azelf is adept in handling.

And that's all folks..

Wait a minute-?

BY GOD THAT'S BELLIBOLT'S MUSIC!

Bellibolt
:sv/Bellibolt:
Bellibolt @ Belliboltite
Ability: Dark Twisted Overlord
Shiny: You bet your ass it's shiny
Tera Type: wait what do you mean it can tera? this is an OM??
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
All-Powerful Nature
- Belly's Wrath
- Zeus' Lightning (Discharge)
- Slack Off

- Toxic
n-no.. how can we possibly beat this?

actually.. I- I think I've got something..

Friendship.
That's right folks. It's time for me to get sappy. I've been on Smogon for a relatively short amount of time compared to many of the people that I've had the pleasure of getting to know these past few months. And in spite of how it may seem I am quite honestly terribly shy. I spent a long time on the fringes of this community, not interacting with anyone because I was scared. Scared of meeting new people, scared of not being liked, scared of being the "weird person" nobody wants to interact with.
And in all honesty it was a miracle that I made friends here at all. Because I'm really weird. I'm gonna take a minute to shout out a few people who have been there for me, and who I hope I can be there for in kind.

rattlemebonez - You'll never see this but I don't care. You are my best friend. You will always be my best friend. That is contractually bound. You mean so much to me, and I don't think you know it. I'm not very good at saying it. You always brighten my day, always pick me up when I'm down, and are always there for me. It kills me that we are a continent apart.

scionicle - Spencer, buddy, I love you. I have never met, and will never meet someone as committed to helping other people out, and making other people happy as you are. I have messaged you at all hours of the day for the most inane and asinine reasons, asking for help with the dumbest builds, and some of my stupidest thoughts and feelings, and never once have you complained. Your patience is astounding. I have absolutely zero doubt in my mind that you're gonna be one of the Draft GOATs by the time you're done. People are starting to see it.

Scribble - I preferred Dartrix - Joker. I look up to you and Spencer so much. When people ask me what my 'goals' are with Pokemon, I always say "I wanna be as good as Scribble is", and I mean it, it's the worst goal I could ever have set because you're still fucking improving and you show no signs of stopping. You are one of the smartest people I've ever met, are unbearably good at all the games I've seen you play, and your girlfriend is an icon. Life's not fair. I will always be your #1 Fan.

SolarBeam - Soley moley! Your rise to supersoldom is going "Sol far sol good!". You were introduced to me as the "guy that got ratio'd on Twitter and made it his life goal to be a Twitter presence" and from what I've seen, that desire to be the best at what you do is relentless. It's infectious too. You're already one of the greatest GP staff the site has ever seen and you have no limit from here. C2GS supremacy, we will run Smogon one day.

Mqgnetic & Big Pharma - you two are some of the funniest people I know. Please never change.

Nyx - I owe a lot to you. I genuinely probably would have stopped playing in tours, left the Draft Discord, and moved on with my life entirely if you didn't randomly invite me to be tournament staff one day. Crazy how I went from that to hanging out in a coffee shop with you on a windy day in London. Life really does move fast. It's funny because we don't actually talk all that much but whenever we do its like nothing has ever changed.
p.s. Team UK are gonna kill it with you at the helm. #MyCaptain

Luxanse - I love you so much that I'll forgive you for that AirBnB. Even though I could barely get my door to close. I may still be ass at the game but I am 10x less ass than I was before almost entirely because of your advice and your willingness to help me even when I'm difficult to give advice to and annoying. You're one of the kindest people I know. You're also my WCoP icon LOL go kill 'em dead with the Dutch.

RauVGC - Two Scots against the world, huh? You're one of the sweetest people I have ever met. Hilarious that if one of us weren't Scottish we probably never would have ever been friends. Funny how the world works. Tribalism is very much real.

Theia & UT - You two are two of the first friends I made in the Smogon community. Your love of AAA was infectious and while, yes, I am easily influenced, I am eternally grateful that it was you two who influenced me. You are both icons to me.

corvere - ILY. You have taught me so much, I am eternally appreciative of your words of encouragement and support. Hell, you even managed to make me look like a competent Ubers player for a while! I adore chatting to you. x

Lily - When I grow up I wanna be Lily. Which is funny because I'm pretty sure I'm older. You're SO COOL. and SO FUNNY. it should be ILLEGAL. You're one of those legendary gacha pulls of friendship because someone with your sense of humour is one in a million. Or whatever the going rate is nowadays for a 5* roll.

SEA - I literally just decided we were friends one day. And I was right to do that. It's probably the only reason someone as effortlessly cool and talented as you would ever want to waste your time talking to me. Can a Gen 3 girl and a SV Draft girl ever be friends? - Yes. Yes they can.

Flying Beagle - Beagle, my love. You brighten my day. When I see an unread message from Flying.Beagle I open that message faster than a kid opens their presents on Christmas Day. Your Jazz tracks are the music of my heart.

Hacker -

Paying Attenton & JukeInTheBox - You guys are my favourite cyber-stalkers. I'd happily talk to you at any hour of the day, no matter how weird you guys are. Jokes aside you two are precious to me, you always manage to pick me up and always manage to make me feel good about the things I am insecure about. You even sat in a call with me for 2 hours to fix Baldurs Gate because I had somehow managed to corrupt 400 mods by accident. That's true friendship.

OKAY, FINE
Hacker - idk why but one day you randomly decided you were gonna be my biggest hater, and decided to follow me around relentlessly. I don't know why you did it, but I'm glad you did. I'm very happy to have gotten to meet you, you took a chance on me in PWS and though I didn't manage to repay that, I will always be appreciative of what I learned and the people you introduced me to through it. You're like the little brother I still don't really want but I have now. Thanks.
never tell me to stop posting cringe ever again though. it's literally all i have.

Lindwurm - You're such a troll. I genuinely feel like I cant say anything nice about you because you'll make fun of me for it. But you're a big sweetheart deep down, and I love talking to you.

abriel - Abriel. You rock. I hope that I can be there for you in the same way that you are always so supportive of me. You're one of the only people who I actually feel comfortable doing 'real talk' with, and I NEVER do real talk. That's one of the highest honours I can bestow upon a person, and you have earned it tenfold.

SoggyDoggySage - It's all about the SoggyDoggySageDifference baby. You're genuinely so inspiring to me, I'll always look up to you.

AND NOW OTHER PEOPLE I LOVE:

Happygate a fairy zoe nya - sexy ass WOMEN

ultraplayer Thomas18 Rissoux ComputerWhiz - MY mod team love u guys

TPP - post this frieren

Deranged_Lime - GREEN

Larry Dave - you guys rock, dave ur so inspiring and your advice meant a lot to me, larry u gave me the courage to win my first ever team tour game and I will always appreciate you for giving me the chance

Vertigo - go to bed

Slowpoke Fan - i love slowpoke almost as much as i love you

olivia7c - I wouldn't be where I am today, without you babe.

thanks for reading my inane and deranged ramblings there will be more good yard

Last edited:
Shit, I’m halfway there. I can’t find a way to escape the pipeline.

Aside from that, best RMT I’ve seen in a while. Good job I guess

Very nice post! I'm here to give some suggestions if you would like to read them.

Your team seems to struggle against opposing Walking Wake. I suggest putting Empoleon over Cobalion as it also functions as a Stealth Rocker and has incredible synergy with Garchomp. Garchomp also doesn't like being the only specially defensive mon.

Manaphy is really good into your team cause your team doesn't like to switch in on it. Empoleon can definitely improve this problem and you could also add Swords Dance Substitute Iron Hands to cleanly set up on Manaphy.

UT

No, I’m not coming to my senses
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Hey that's a really cool team how did you build it

Small tweaks: Azelf should be Naive (U-turn damage on Moon / Pao is significant, don't want to reduce it) and Garchomp should be Flamethrower over Fire Blast. All the Fire move does is toast Fluffy Corviknight / force Intimidate Corviknight to Roost, and Flamethrower does enough to do both those things without missing.

Larger changes: while this team is great and steals momentum against so many common mons, it does have a few key struggles, namely Manaphy and Pixilate Scream Tail. Literally your only out against Scream Tail is triggering Eject Button and getting this roll: 252 Atk Choice Band Sword of Ruin Roaring Moon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Scream Tail: 334-394 (90 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO. Manaphy is really hard for this team to wear down quickly and it can't rally afford longer games for obvious reasons.

I would consider replacing Cobalion and Roaring Moon with Ogerpon-H and Zamazenta; Cobalion is mostly on there to not auto-lose to Roaring Moon and Chien-Pao, which Zamazenta can do instead. Close Combat is a stronger move than Knock Off too, so it has more power into neutral targets for wallbreaking and you can make cheeky plays like Heavy Slamming Scream Tail. Ogerpon-H is a flexible slot; you can do Swords Dance + Trailblaze to be an alternative wincon, Spikes to be a hazard setter that works into Corviknight, max coverage to just be an annoying shit, etc. It also matches up very well into both Mana and Scream, which is useful here.

Updated paste

The good news is this gives the team a few punches more of wallbreaking and better answers to its worst matchups...but less pivot buttons.

Nice team overall, hope you've had fun with it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)