Other Metagames (AAA) All Time Low [3k Thread]

Theia

Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seatbelts
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
The joke is that All Time Low is both the band I named these Pokemon after and where I'm at in my life right now.

Introduction
Apparently you're not supposed to make this many of these but who is going to stop me?

I've decided that for, as long as I keep making these posts, I'm going to try and avoid repeating metas, so no more SS PU or SS Ubers or now SV AAA xk RMTs. AAA is actually a tier that's very close to my heart, as it's one of the few metas I'm actually genuinely invested in and enjoy playing (when I'm not running into stupid bullshit at 1200 on the ladder (looking at you Stamina Calm Mind Stored Power Umbreon)), and that I actively contribute to. Does that mean this team is good? No. Although it's actually not terrible either. I built this one mostly myself, with some help tweaking the final product from UT.

As always, songs are linked if you're interested. I especially recommend checking out "Everything Is Fine" and "Vampire Shift."

The Team

Toxic Valentine (Scream Tail) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Trick

This is far and above my favorite set in all of AAA because I love how goofy it is. Scream Tail has 65 base Special Attack, but that sure doesn't stop her from clicking Pixilate Boomburst into almost every Pokemon in the metagame. Pair that with her randomly having 111 base Speed (why does she have this) and you get The Clicker, a set that can catch people off guard when they're expecting a more passive Wish supporter and is a legitimate threat despite how silly it seems. She has other moves, Flamethrower for non-WBB Steels, Psyshock for stuff like Blissey, and Trick for if you're a coward who wants to stop setup sweepers instead of just clicking Boomburst into them.

1692916941546.png

Kill Ur Vibe (Corviknight) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Corviknight is literally the best Pokemon in AAA and that fact is really funny to me. It can run WBB, Fluffy, Prankster, Intimidate, and a myriad of other abilities, and it compresses slow pivoting and hazard removal into one mon, so it's pretty much a necessity on an AAA team. I use Intimidate because I like to pretend that you can counter things like Chien-Pao, but mostly Corivknight's use comes from slow pivoting in Scream Tail.

Vampire Shift (Skeledirge) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Torch Song
- Slack Off

Ah yes my favorite Primordial Sea Barraskewda check, Skeledirge. Skeledirge's job is simple: switch into anything running Primordial Sea (usually Barraskewda, sometimes Zapdos with Weather Ball) and make them stop, as well as spinblocking because Scream Tail likes the hazard chip for more effective Boombursting. Will-O-Wisp also puts a stop to most things trying to actually kill Skeledirge, because, much like in normal metagames, he refuses to die, and you can get some funny sweeps with this + Torch Song.

Oh, Calamity (Garchomp) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

How and why did the AAA community come to the collective conclusion the Garchomp was the best use of their one (1) Regenerator slot? Who came up with this? But it works, I suppose. This is the answer to the menace known as Iron Moth, who is basically just SS OU Blacephalon but if you gave it Desolate Land, which is to say I hate it and hope it gets banned. Spikes are for softening up enemies for Scream Tail to click Boomburst into and Rock Slide keeps it from being useless into stuff like Zapdos and EE Skeledirge.

:sv/zapdos-galar:
Everything Is Fine (Zapdos-Galar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunderous Kick
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Close Combat

I'm literally amazed this thing isn't banned tbh, 125 base Attack + Choice Band + Sword of Ruin should surely be illegal. I won a game I was down 1-4 in just by spamming Thunderous Kick until everything in front of me crumpled like a sheet of paper. The only drawbacks to using this are that it's comparatively a bit slow and it dies in three Brave Birds due to the sheer force of erasing whatever is in front of it from existence. Apart from that, this makes an excellent Scream Tail partner that will punch through any pesky Blisseys or Corviknights that might get in her way.

:sv/electrode-hisui:
Let It Roll (Electrode-Hisui) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Chloroblast
- Thunderbolt
- Worry Seed

Speed check here, apart from Scream Tail, the rest of the team is kind of slow, so Electrode's job is basically to outspeed everything else (besides like Regieleki.) MGLO (or SFLO) is my favorite type of mon to build with and firing off Chloroblasts with absolutely no drawbacks (unlike that time we tried it on the ladder in the South server and died immediately every time we loaded it) brings me immense joy. The main drawback here is that this has 80 base Special Attack but somehow always does less damage than Scream Tail.

Importable if you want it for some reason:
Toxic Valentine (Scream Tail) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Trick

Kill Ur Vibe (Corviknight) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Vampire Shift (Skeledirge) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Desolate Land
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Torch Song
- Slack Off

Oh, Calamity (Garchomp) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Everything Is Fine (Zapdos-Galar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunderous Kick
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Close Combat

Let It Roll (Electrode-Hisui) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Electric
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Chloroblast
- Thunderbolt
- Worry Seed

I've always been very up front about my mental state and my generally poor mental health. Life is full of ups and downs, and often it's more downs than anything else. Things aren't great right now, with my depression at a pretty bad place and my anxiety at a record high. Sometimes I wonder why I have such amazing people in my life, and if I truly deserve this kind of kindness, but I'm grateful for all of you.

Aberforth - I don't know why you continue to put up with me, but I'm grateful you do. I am a mess and you remain a steady constant in my life. I don't know where I'd be without you and your support.

airfare - Thank you for being so amazingly patient with me and trying your best to teach me how to improve. I'm sorry I keep having to take my meds and falling asleep at the end of our sessions.

Alexender + Kennedy - My two long-time besties in Upper Staff, hard to believe how long we've been at this, but I'm glad that we're making this journey together.

Amaranth - Thank you for caring so deeply about me and my well-being, and for believing in me in spite of knowing what kind of things are happening in my head.

Finchinator - Sometimes, it's a genuine wonder you haven't told me to stfu. Thank you for putting up with my inane ramblings and general poor mental health, and for being such a kind and positive force in my life who is constantly uplifting me.

Garay oak - Thank you for always going out of your way to just be so genuinely nice to me. It feels like we've known each other for such a long time, when really we've only been talking for less than two months. Looking forward to finishing the ballet murder book with you.

Leru - Thank you for bringing me into your group of friends for literally no discernible reason, and for continuing to be a steadfast friend despite my recent violent ups and downs. You're still not allowed anywhere near my room though.

Stone Cold - You're basically the dad I wish I'd had all my life. You shitpost and joke with me like I'm anyone else, but I know that if I ever need anything, you'll always make time to be there and listen and give advice, and that means so much more to me than I can possibly express.

SuperEpicAmpharos - I'm not sure how we became friends, but I'm glad we did. I'm so happy that we can talk to each other about our shared dysfunctions and support each other through rough patches. You're going to do amazing things, here and in the real world.

teal6 - Thank you for sticking by me and keeping me grounded in reality. I know I'm not the best with emotions and don't always handle harsh truths the best, but you keep staying and trying to help, and I appreciate you so much.

UT - Some days you're literally the only person keeping me sane. We work well together and support each other through a lot of bad shit, and I'm so glad to be working alongside and friends with such a wonderful individual.

Vertigo - My absolutely amazing partner in crime, thank you for coming along for so many hectic rides with me. You've been carrying my depressed ass lately, and I'm so grateful to have you by my side. You're incredible.

My lovely friends in PS Upper Staff - You all remain some of the most wonderful and hardworking people I've ever had the honor of being on a team with. Thank you for everything you do, this place wouldn't be nearly the same without you. UT Kennedy nya Marty ironwater HoeenHero DaWoblefet Annika Alexender

To all of the wonderful people in the Draft community - Thank you for letting me be part of your amazing project. I'm so proud of all of you and how far you've come in the past year. Rissoux Tjb145 Lady Salamence SparksBlade Nyx Hacker abriel vmnunes ComputerWhiz Kerthwack Golden Warrior ultraplayer Majora_43 GeniusX TRowePrice667 @ everyone else there's too many of you

All of the new friends I've met through the Daves - I'm glad that this fun little experiment gave us the chance to meet and get to know each other better. Monai Mana Micciu Booty corvere dex Danny Laroxyl tko Xrn

And to everyone else who has been kind to me, patient with me, helped and inspired me, thank you for being part of my life.
Lily TPP shiny finder Blitz keys maroon ken clean phoopes Siatam adem Star Ticken Rage btboy TDK zoe Edgar Vileman CrashinBoomBang trace PrinceOfAllTacos SoulWind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)