Walrus A Week Of Walrus (Cat 4 Reveal Tuesday February 11th at Noon PST)

It's been a while, what has been your top 5 walrusi since my first Walrus? (2+ cats on forum)

• Blazade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DLE

• Light Wolf

• yeti

• vonFiedler

• Granny Pie

• acidphoenix

• Texas Cloverleaf's Gwenty one

• agape

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • atomicllamas

• lyd

• Panic Station's Just Can't Get Enough

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • termi

• belvin

• Genesis7

• Isa

• Andy Snype

• Ampharos

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Aura Guardian

• myzozoa

• HeaLnDeaL

• apricity

• Panic Station's Democracy one

• Bedschibear

• Texas Cloverleaf's Top 10 one

• shubaka17

• BloodyRain's Wall Ross

• Panic Station's Watsky one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey y'all, round three of my awesome cool super fun walrusi, we've got 7 categories for the 7 days of the week! if you don't know by now, the way of the walrus is simple. Send me a song for each category that fits the theme, and that you want to show off! Points will be given on a 5-10 point must have, meaning that first place will get 10 points each category, and last place will be 5 points (unless theres something egregious), with each submission falling somewhere else in there. If you want some sort of banlist or recommended genre, look at my previous submissions to other walrusi, goodness knows I've been in plenty.

And without further ado, here are your categories! The headers will mostly be eponymous so don't worry about stealing any of my ideas

Punch a Nazi right in the face, shred a guitar, just a generic fight song, or give me something that's pro minority. The door is open but my fists are spoiling for a donnybrook.
"Nazi Punks Fuck Off" by The Dead Kennedys is Punch A Nazi and Pro Minority
"Robot Riot" by Love Handel is a Fight Song
"Copper Bullets" by The Warning is Shred A Guitar and Fight Song and Pro Minority

The best do-nothing day, rev up your engines and let's hit the road. Give me a song that has engine/car noises in it, or that references driving (literally or figuratively)
"Tempo" by Exo has Engine Noises
"I Wanna Get Better" by Bleachers has References

A song that goes absolutely hog wild at some point, or references mental illness, or just has a bad case of the mondays.
"Sweet But Psycho (Dance Remix)" by Ava Max goes Hog Wild and References Mental Illness
"Blueming" by IU has a Case Of The Mondays and References Mental Illness

A sad song or a song about bad news, because every single big bad news that I've gotten has been on a Tuesday
"Mord" by Masih both Sad and Bad News
"Sanctuary" by Joji just Sad

The rules are made up and the points don't really matter. Here's your free space, send in that song that just doesn't fit somewhere else

Go out for drinks or go out and hoe it up, we don't judge here. Either way, try the cactus juice, it's the quenchiest!
"Parking Lot Party" by Lee Brice goes Out For Drinks
"Tik Tok" by Ke$ha Drinks and Hoes, such versatility

For our finale, send me a love song. Preferably gay, but it's the holiday season so that restriction is out the window.
"Neverland" by Holland
"Honey" by Kehlani

We're going to try and close these signups in about two weeks, but that just means that your first song for Saturday is in by then.

edited for clarification on the examples, and to add an Or for Saturday. You don't gotta find something for ALL of those categories

edit 2 Due to my work schedule picking up, I'm gonna extend sub deadline for Cat 1 Saturday until January 18.

Week Long Participants: Myzozoa, Blood, Panic Station, Celever, LordQuas, Moose, termi, DLE, dobby, nutella

Last edited:
Hey y'all, since work is getting rough I don't think I'll be able to release this walrus in a week like I'd planned. We're gonna have to delay until Saturday the 18th thanks for being understanding :)

Our reveal went down Saturday and it was a good time! Feel free to join late, any music submissions are appreciated

“I Get Out (Unplugged)” by Lauryn Hill from Myzozoa (5 points)
Welcome to the 5/10 point must score. She’s got great emotion, and this message is absolutely one that someone needs to hear. Not for me tho, and the cafe-at-630-on-Monday vibes are too strong.

“Youth Against Fascism” by Sonic Youth from DLE (5.7 points)
These vocals are simultaneously too good for me to enjoy this song as trash, but too bad for me to enjoy it legitimately. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s the song I hate, but it’s definitely trying to overthrow the music scene unsucessfully

“Sticks ‘n’ Stones” by Jamie T from Dobby (5.9 points)
man, every once in a while I’ll hear something from the british music scene, and be so glad I don’t listen to anything else from there. these people are unironically talking about abstaining from sex as “No time for beaver”

“People of the Sun” by Rage Against The Machine from LordQuas (6.1 points)
RATM is RATM, I don’t know if there’s a song of theirs that feels any different from the others. This one doesn’t stick with me any longer than it takes to listen to it.

“Megalovania but it’s 100 versions at once” from Moose (7.8 points)
This is actually pretty neat, hearing so many versions still essentially convey the same song. Does the audio quality drop? yeah. but the orchestral sensation of having so many different sounds playing similar songs more than makes up for it. the little solos that come up throughout the middle, I could hear Pac Man, this is what Battle Music is meant to be. no grading was done based on the video itself, but they included a clip of sans undertale getting confirmed for smash ultimate, and that’s some positive vibes i love

“Kiss With A Fist” by Florence + The Machine from Brainpan (8.5 points)
I love her voice and I didn’t realize the band played instruments that hard. like, I know in dog days they Went hard, but it was on like, harps and tambourines and such

“Glory” by John Legend ft Common from Celever (8.7 points)
This is almost a pander just because of how attractive John Legend is, but no limits on that so please continue to send me such songs. No bonus points were awarded on timeliness, even though you nailed it. Orchestra, choir vocals, and powerful pro-minority message.

“Psychic Warfare” by AJJ The Band from nutella (8.9 points)
String instruments, dramatic drums, i like his voice, and incredibly timely (literally posted two days ago?!?) this was a last minute sub with a last minute writeup, but we take these

“Bodies for Money” by GNOD from termi (9.5 points)
The beat, the feeling, and, from what i can understand, the lyrics. fuck your money, we don’t need your fucking money, etc etc. good trash sound coming through the recording, and with a vibe check at 2:14, way to keep it relevant

“Raise My Sword” by Galneryus from Blood (10 points)
That thumping guitar sound which means you’re pushing the limits of your amp, the string instruments that rise and fall, RAISE MY SWORD. A truly epic closer, welcome to the 5/10 Must Have point system

1579464187569.png

Sunday, another reveal! Most of y'all were there, and we even had a new submitter in andy snype :)

Submission from moose “Coconut Mall over some guy driving in a mall” 5 points
This has some deep fry in it pretty early, but it mercifully keeps the song short. I’m allowing it because it references driving in the title, but coconut mall wasn’t the best song from the Mario Kart soundtrack >:P

Submission from termi “Vroom Vroom” by Charli XCX 6.2 points
Maybe asking for metaphors about cars was asking for horny songs, but this one isn’t really that good. Her rapping is drowned out by an annoying backtrack, the changeup at 1:30 is the best part and it’s still not that great :/

Submission from Blood “Let’s Go Away” from the Daytona OST 6.8 points
a japanese video game OST from 1993. while staying infinitely on brand, you still surprise me blood. shame that it seems each race was only supposed to last like, 2 minutes, because this song gets boring after 2 minutes.

Submission from Dobby “Midnight Show” by The Killers 7.2 points
Hot Fuss is a pretty good album, but this one isn’t exactly that good. His voice, instead of highlighting, gets grating. Fun guitars keep it afloat, but nah fam.

Submission from DLE “Speed Lover” from Initial D 7.3 points
This is lacking in that IT factor that makes Gas Gas Gas and Running In The 90s good, but it’s still respectable itself.

Submission from LordQuas “Cataracts” by Freddie Gibbs, Madlib 7.4 points
This is outside my wheelhouse, but I liked the switch up like 2:40 in, but then they close it out and it’s no longer satisfying

Submission from Myzozoa “Susie and Jeffrey” by Blondie 8.8 points
Blondie is a classic, just ignore how tragic this whole song is. Dunno why the video is 7 minutes long for a 4 minute long song.

Submission from Panic Station “Night Drive” by All American Rejects 8.9 points
Ah yes, emos without being Emo. Feels like middle school, except without quite as much angst. There’s this waaaaa that comes into my left ear for the second verse and I, you don’t get that anymore. There’s no explanation. just waaaaa

Submission from andysnype “Sweatpants” by Childish Gambino 9.3 points
damn I almost forgot how good Glover’s flow was. Problem’s part ain’t bad, but keeps you at the bottom of the podium

Submission from nutella “Contact” by Phish 9.6 points
mood and aesthetic music. very up front about how it’s about cars, and this is just so relaxing he could start reading the owner’s manual and I’d thank him. shame he asked children to ruin the final two minutes of the song, otherwise this was rather peaceful to listen to, and I would listen to the first 6 minutes pretty much on repeat

Submission from Celever “Beep Beep” by Little Mix 10 points
this song is exceptionally horny. im diggin the back track, and i guess horny female vocals are better than horny male vocals, because this isn’t nearly as bad as Ed Sheeran.i’d say it’s actually rather enjoyable. I especially love them beeping out the expletives with car sounds

1580073165502.png

Manic scheduling meant we revealed on a Manic Monday

Submission from Moose “Game Over 2009” 5 points
Being suicidal counts. This is rather memey, but not in that Niche sensation that I’ve come to expect, rather in a YoungPeopleYoutube way? The only thing missing is someone in a minions voice saying banana tbh

Submission from LordQuas “800dB Cloud” by 100 gecs 5.7 points
These guys have a sound they’re going for, and they nail that sound perfectly, a la ATBGE. Hard pass

Submission from myzozoa “Sun in my Mouth” by Bjork 6 points
it’s a no from me on this bjork, i’m not feeling it in the Slightest. Violins try their hardest to keep me interested, but her voice does not mesh at well with it imo, and the horniness is Not Fun, just Creepy

Submission from snype “Smoke” by vbnd 6.7 points
Smooth and well outside my regular wheelhouse. Still not entirely sure where the theme comes in, but the scoring on this walrus is entirely subjective so there’s no True adjustment, just a sorta “sure” score deduction

Submission from termi “May Failure Be Your Noose” by Lingua Ignoto 7 points
This song is sooooo crunchy. Her voice is clearly well trained, and she’s portraying this downfall beautifully. Hard ending just cuts everything off tho

Submission from Celever “Uno” by Rex Orange County 8.3 points
There’s a lot of great songs by him, and while this isn’t one of the Radio Friendly songs, it’s still wonderful. Big feels whenever he’s rapping,,

Submission from Dobby “The Waves” by Villagers 8.5 points
The little maraca playing in the background is sweet, his voice isn’t offensive, and the sense of dread i feel is unshakeable. Well conveyed, please never make me listen to this song again

Submission from nutella “The Modern Leper” by Frightened Rabbit 8.7 points
His voice probably won’t be the Mood for everyone, but I’m enjoying it, and the vaguely folksy sound from the instruments helps him out

Bloody, DLE, and Panic Station

Submission from DLE “My Descent Into Madness” by Eels 9.2 points
This could’ve been put onto the Shrek 2.5 soundtrack and I wouldn’t have known the difference, it’s that good and his voice is that crunchy

Submission from Bloody “One Room Sugar Life” by Akari Nanawo 9.7 points
You had to send me an explanation for me to fully understand bc No Videos Were Graded In The Course Of This Walrus but the autotuned female vocals and her incredibly fast words are the reason why i listen to foreign music more than english. If i could understand her, that would feel like a butchering, but they’re all just syllables to me, so it’s just pleasant

Submission from Panic Station “Bang Your Head (Metal Health)” by Quiet Riot 10 pts
Uh, yes? This is what i’m listening to in the therapist’s waiting room from now on.

1580892126842.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)